Poll: What do you think of Mac computers? (Regardless of price) - Linux, Mac and other operating systems - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Poll: What do you think of Mac computers? (Regardless of price)

Consider the convenience of operation, speed, hardware, software, stability, and everything else Not for price, I will open another survey.

Um ... another thing, if you have no experience with computers , The first option is appropriate ...

[poll]

[opt] I have no idea [/ opt]

[opt] are absolute inferior to [/ opt]

[opt] They're less than, But the differences are small [/ opt]

[opt] No definitive answer, it all depends on user and needs [/ opt]

[opt] They are better than In certain things [/ opt]

[opt] They are better than In all [/ opt]

[/ poll]

If you decide to vote, try to add arguments.

Prog.

Link to content

• תגובות 38
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

As far as I know, the logic behind the architecture of Mac processors is very different from that of Intel processors

(RISC / CISC and other vegetables) and have no idea about their effectiveness, but in graphics and sound processing applications they have a considerable advantage over From the minyan ....

Link to content

Reasons, guys, arguments ...

I already see that some people think that Mac is better in some cases, can you elaborate?

My opinion on the subject has already been written in the forum PcPro, here is a reminder:

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

MacOS (including 9 version) is the most primitive operating system, corresponding in terms of technology to 3.11.

These two poor sisters have no protection (Which causes real instability), they do not have proper Multitasking, Multithreading exists only in the Finder (the poor file manager of Apple) and this was added only recently, until then had to stare at the computer while copying files or emptying a recycle bin.

Add to this the manual memory management and we're back in time for the dos days::)

All features missing from MacOS have been in WindowsNT and OS / 2 for almost a decade.

Since then, many operating systems have been added to the PC world that they also have Far ahead of Malak.

The crappy Mac user interface. OK then we will give them credit for being the first to bring it to the mainstream. So what? From being a historical value do not finish the month. Like I said in the past Form over matter.

A month ago there was a major change when Apple finally released the OS-X, Modern BSD-based that looks just fantastic :).

17 took them years before the turning point and all the years of contempt for users can not be erased (see the corresponding Fiasco case in the mid-90).

Before Mac enthusiasts start to get excited, it is worth reminding them that the new system does not yet have Hebrew support, And in a few important things ;). This may be why no one is going to work with her anytime soon.

For years they have been telling us with brains that working with a command line is the fall of the world., And here they get it at the gateway in the primary Poweruser will have to learn Unix to really get the most out of the system: - [.

The only advantage of the Mac on the- Was in exclusive design applications. Hello? How many years have passed since that period, 5? 10? Who counts.

Today, Is the largest and there is no argument about it.

Apparently the reason designers and graphic artists have not yet awakened is that they are fixed on what they learned in school and are afraid to move one millimeter from what they saw there. Replace platform? : - It's like saying to a seamstress who has been working for years with a mechanical machine to switch to a tram. Just a big makeover too.

Immediately, please be aware if there is an operating system designed to work if large media files are BeOS. 64 bit file system, multiple support , Of course all the other features I mentioned earlier exist there in a structured way from the first versions.

And yes, it has a variety Of professional-level audio and video editing, even if it's not what you come across in an average recording studio.

MacOS for that matter is at the bottom of the list in terms of what the system itself offers in the field (try playing several media files at the same time on ; D)

Applications may be great, but they are on a more serious system.

We came to the hardware issue,

In a price of You can get it At least twice as hard, and I'm not just talking about processing power (an area where the gap increases exponentially, D), the ability to sew a high-end component simply does not exist. An independent upgrade of the computer is also outside the lexicon of course.

For the price of a measly 500MHz iMac you can get a PC with a Gnrn 1 processor, 19 screen instead of 15, 256 mega Instead of 64. Should I continue?

Of course you'll forget about upgrades later, it's one box that contains everything :o.

There is only one definition for all the graphic artists of the kind you buy In 20000 NIS - suckers;

Take into account that every time you turn your back Change their connection standards > :(.

I share the sorrow of anyone who bought graphic tablets with an ADB connection, optical drives and more, yes yes you too are suckers and also who is buying Firewire equipment and - After all, it is clear that he will soon emerge Who does not support these ;)

-------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------

Now it's your turn ...

Prog.

post Scriptum

A small update on OS X,

Since I wrote that message, there have not been many changes, but the 10.1 version of the week, And support for stingers.

The subject of Hebrew remained the same.

Link to content

As someone who knows how to speak - you do not really sound like someone who really knows what he is saying.

And I do not go into technical details of management And so on - I do not pretend to know. But there are a few things you mentioned that are really disconnected from reality:

1. 20000 SHE ?? Where did you see that? Let's go together to the most expensive Macintosh reseller in the country and we will not go out with such damage!

The price for performance in the field of graphics in particular and multimedia in general is more than excellent.

2. The user interface of the Mac is much more comfortable, legible, logical, beautiful, and elegant than PC - and you know it and everyone knows it, the problem is that there are not too many "technical" guys involved to deal with them so they go crazy and ask what's wrong.

Fact: 98 is the most unstable, unfriendly, inefficient and even ugly operating system that exists today.

Windows ME took these bad qualities and added a few more. : AR15:

MAC OS9 more stable than 98 and ME, the integration of hardware and software is excellent!

When a PC person installs And does not start a frantic search for me On the net - cold sweat covers it!

What happened ?? He asks ??? Do not need drivers ?? Warfare ?? : - [(and this I say from experience)

B- There are a million possible that no one needs and no one wants, and it does not make the system faster. And if OS10.1 were to be taken out to my employees So you would run like everyone else to buy. 8)

And the last thing - my people We do not like the Mac because there are not many WAREZ sites. It is a fact and a pity that.

Yinon. ;)

Link to content

And the last thing - PC people do not like the Mac because there are not many WAREZ sites. It is a fact and a pity that.

Shu Hadda This idiotic blab?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

What is the connection between sites Although there are many programs that have MAC versions, but the amount is dwarfed by the amount of PC software ... and all of them can be found on the Internet (you need to know where to look)

Link to content

First of all, welcome to the forum! Very lacking in community enthusiasts , And it's good that it changes :)

For the sake of discussion let's ignore OS X, which is the first operating system of Which is capable of facing the best of the world. In the last ten years (WinNT, , OS / 2).

The reason for the simple disregard. It has no real use (certainly without Hebrew it has no benefit to the Israeli user).

Even those who work with them abroad do most of their work on OS9 or under the emulation of old Classic software in X.

I would like to give you a little bit of this user-emulation Who wants to run something from his collection of software (all of which have been written in ClassicAPI) should boot to the old system within the new system. This takes a few dozen seconds at best.

Compare this to the immediate run of an old Win16 program in Emulation, under the Win32 system. Not that anyone needs it, it 's been a long time since I needed it.

Can you say the same thing, Yinon? Some Carbon Have you got a computer? Not to mention the COCOA which are in general far vision ...

And I do not go into technical details of management And so on - I do not pretend to know.

You do not really need to know the reasons why OS9 locks for long periods of time (this is called Preemptive Multitasking ...), but you know this problem well - from experience. This behavior does not exist on any Win32 system from Windows95 or later.

On PC however you can simultaneously run a large number of Heavy and move between them immediately Even when performing heavy calculations;

Users For years they had not thought of working with Photoshop and Freehand at the same time. OS X is making a revolution here that we,, We have already moved more than 7 years ago.

1. 20000 SHE ?? Where did you see that? Let's go together to the most expensive Macintosh reseller in the country and we will not go out with such damage!

The price for performance in the field of graphics in particular and multimedia in general is more than excellent.

The "Yeda Computers" chain store (Apple importers) fell (it must have been running on the server ... ;)). I promise you to bring the numbers below and then you will see that the gap is simply huge.

2. The user interface of the Mac is much more comfortable, legible, logical, beautiful, and elegant than PC - and you know it and everyone knows it, the problem is that there are not too many "technical" guys involved to deal with them so they go crazy and ask what's wrong.

MacOS is a much less convenient system than windows. Want samples?

Take one of the most used apps - file manager. Let's compare Mac's Finder to Explorer:

No address bar (hard to know where your folder is located); Each window opens individually (a nightmare for each Poweruser - very quickly the screen is filled with unnecessary windows); There is no Minimize (same implications); Undo file deletions, file transfers or rename (you've been wrong! : bash: ); There is no button to go up one level or any toolbar which is (in windows you can even edit it according to your needs). The list continues and continues ...

Fact: 98 is the most unstable, unfriendly, inefficient and even ugly operating system that exists today.

Windows ME took these bad qualities and added a few more. : AR15:

MAC OS9 more stable than 98 and ME, the integration of hardware and software is excellent!

Excuse me very much, but OS9 less posture. From experience. Not to mention its inferiority to WindowsNT (on the various issues), which has for some years been providing a higher level of stability to everything that exists in the Mac.

As for design, a matter of taste. OS9 I think looks pretty ugly without installing Kaleidoscope, but do not forget that windows also have a similar application - Blinds. You can even make Win98 you will see as OS X, if you want to ...

On the integration of hardware and software it would be better to save words ...

Device Manager is a much more serious tool than Mac. Anyone who wants can change of Everything. Most of us do not need this because Windows has a plug-n-play for years (maybe you did not know).

You also forget that Mac does not support even a small percentage of the hardware there is to And that each keyboard costs 400 NIS ... The same goes for software, there is really little and for the little you have to pay a few times more than for the equivalents to -. There is nothing to do, anyone who develops for a handful of users should somehow return the investment.

When a PC person installs And does not start a frantic search for me On the net - cold sweat covers it!

What happened ?? He asks ??? Don't need drivers ?? War ?? : - [(And I say this from experience)

If you have a problem, ask in forums. You will find that there are several communities here who will be happy to help : hi:

Normally, you will not need too many searches. New version of skype , For example, supports 12000 hardware devices - Out of the box!

B- There are a million possible that no one needs and no one wants, and it does not make the system faster. And if OS10.1 were to be taken out to my employees So you would run like everyone else to buy. 8)

I work with OS X and I can tell you that apart from Looks, in all other aspects I prefer Windows 2000.

For all options, see above in the Convenience section. You do not have to use them, but if you wish, you can adapt your system to your needs like a glove near.

And the last thing - PC people do not like the Mac because there are not many WAREZ sites. It is a fact and a pity that.

I think I explained well enough that this is not the reason. Besides, the Macs have the Hotline (I'm sure you know ...).

Prog.

Link to content

: Lol:

It's unbelievable how much nonsense they write here, what's the problem of knowing which folder you are clicking on the icon of the window you are in while pressing Command and here is your precious hierarchy in front of you. There are pros and cons to any system but at least you'll know the Mac depth before you defame, all the "benefits" in the physical interface including the cumbersome file manager are disadvantages to me and the only good thing that Windows brought to the world is the TaskBar

I have a home too And also physical (you know the child's games) The Mac runs graphics software and 3D and Internet simultaneously and sound like a rock ... The game has two and a half games and hangs all the time So stop to ... In the brain for stability.

Yes yes you will probably shout "But Win NT ...." I have a computer firm with Win2000 Walla stable but no more and no less than the founder I have and to this day the best physical experts have not been able to get her to print to a printer connected to the network (Nothing to say (Plug & Pray

Link to content

It's unbelievable how much nonsense they write here, what's the problem of knowing which folder you are clicking on the icon of the window you are in while pressing Command and here is your precious hierarchy in front of you. There are pros and cons to any system but at least you will know the Mac depth before you defame,

A. I do , And not bad at all Thank you very much ...

B. I wrote "hard" not written "impossible". I know what you're offering and it's uncomfortable and limited. In windows you can immediately see the source of each folder without clicking anything. Unlike the Mac you need to manually check each one (I'd rather press PWD in Unix ...).

All the "advantages" in the physical interface, including the cumbersome file manager, are disadvantages to me. The only good thing that Windows brought to the world is the TaskBar

According to this logic, too Electric in the car and a remote control for television are disadvantages::)

Explorer goes beyond the Finder in any way possible - here are a few more examples:

Because there is no right mouse button (in 99.9% of the world's ports) there is no Context Menus and what is still there is a very limited menu that is used only for Apple to say "We have too!" And It shows ...

In List view, folders and files are mixed together, which greatly interferes with folder navigation.

In Windows, all the folders appear first and the work is much faster and more convenient.

You can not sort the list in both directions, but only one and more and more restrictions ...

No mouse wheel - every simple scrolling action becomes torture!  > :(

Trying to make a long selection of files is almost impossible. B-  It's a matter of two mouse clicks.

Switching between apps is extremely clumsy (as you mentioned there is no Taskbar), beyond that, switching between Of the Finder is impossible without entering the Menu Bar. B- Life is easy - Taskbar or Alt + Tab

And because you can not tell how much Open (without entering the Menu Bar), it happens a lot that you run a program that is already open but hidden by a window of another program (you forgot? Minimize).

There is no indication of heavy applications that are in the process of ascending (at best there is some splashscreen). What does this cause? For example for another unnecessary play of a game that is already starting to cost. mess :-/

Mac needs to obsessively constantly play with the size of the window. Maximize works very little (in the Finder, for example, it increases the window to half the size of the screen).

Compare it to Where the Maximize button spreads the window across the entire work area, and there is also another possibility to work on a completely full screen (even the taskbar space is used) - just click F11 and look ...

There is no central mechanism for installing and removing programs (like Add / Remove Programs), user Who wants to remove software should look for where he installed it, just like the dos ...

OK, this post is getting a little long. I will continue with another one.

Link to content

Continuing:

I have a home too And also physical (you know the child's games) The Mac runs graphics software and 3D and Internet simultaneously and sound like a rock ... The game has two and a half games and hangs all the time So stop to ... In the brain for stability.

Yes yes you will shout "but Win NT ...." I have a computer office with Win2000 Walla Stable but no more and no less than my own

Do not tell stories, from experience - Win98 is more stable than OS9 and Windows2000 is in the light years ahead.

Please note that Win2k (and NT4) servers are capable of months without booting. I know that none of the computers you have are able to provide uptime that comes close to that. OSX will in the future improve the situation, but in the meantime is no more than would be (users In Israel it is activated only to hear exclamations from the Dock's stunts. Once they have to do some work they return to OS9.)

And so that you do not claim that I'm making up, here are results Survey Firefox users On the issue of stability:

How many times has your Mac crashed (requiring a restart) in the last 40 hours of using it?

Three to six 25% 1735  

Seven to twelve 10% 697  

More than twelve 10% 687  

Far from arousing admiration, to say the least ...: AR15:

And on the same subject, you know John Carmack? Yes, the great guru of the gaming industry in the world and the person who wrote the graphics engines of my own כמו , Quake and a few more (some of them even went out to Mac ... ;)) Want to hear what he had to say about the stability of the Mac?

please:

Whatever our game is after Quake 3, I intend to support OS X, but not OS 8 or 9, said Carmack. That says it all, I think. The operating system may be the easiest to use and the most user-friendly, but how user friendly do you feel when you crash about four to five times in an average day, just using games or Explorer! Sure you crash on a too, but never that much for simple, everyday things.

I think we closed the issue of stability: smoke:

And to this day, the best physical experts have not been able to get her to print to a printer that is connected to the network (Nothing to Say) (Plug & Pray

Maybe you will ; hl = en & lr = lang_en & meta = group% 3Dcomp.sys.mac. *

'> In the method of Mac users to solve problems - format and reinstall ...

And now seriously, just ask the question here or the PcPro.co.il forum and you will get help. There is a good chance that the problem will be solved.

By the way, it could very well be a driver problem, as happens to thousands of Mac users with OS9. num = 20 & hl = en & lr = lang_en

'> You know ... ;)

Prog.

Link to content

: nono:

I have nothing more to say than you just bias and turn black to white and vice versa

There is no Software Removal Manager. It is not so good, because all you have to do is enter the software folder and throw the software into the trash. What is more than just removing software with some ridiculous manager who does not always remove what is needed and sometimes removes too much?

As for the stability of Win98 / Me I have only one LOL response : Lol:

Any time you say from my experience is one way or another so what if you have experience? I too have and he is teaching the opposite of yours. What is the conclusion?

We are both biased. Only what I'm not trying to convince you is that Windows is shit, although I think that's good for you, and you're comfortable between the pyramids and the conflicts and the command lines that you have to be healthy, do not try to convince people as if Windows is advancing in the light of the Mac. And there is no clear preference for any operating system.

You are simply wrong or deliberately misleading, personnel Almost never format disks for the simple reason that there is nothing like Windows connection between the operating system and the disk on which it resides, so in the worst case the system reinstalles a process that takes 10 minutes.

What drivers are you talking about with 9.0? I have never had such problems. What is another "fact" that comes out of your finger?

As for the nonsense you wrote about mice and pulleys, I agree that scrolling a large window without a mouse is a nightmare but what exactly prevents Mac users from working with such a mouse? is nothing. I work with Trabball's Optical Which by the way his driver for Mac is far more advanced than the physical one.

Regarding the printer in the office. What do you mean by Driver's problem? :P

By the way, the founders have no problem identifying and printing

cwm7.gif But let's finish the argument here because it does not seem to me that he has a real ability

Link to content

Leonardo,

What I had to say I wrote in detail and I gave reasons, quotes and links to strengthen things.

You are welcome to read the messages again, but at the moment it seems to me that the point has been understood and that this forum should be allowed to move forward to discussions beyond the Mac vs. PC, such as the discussion on the subject mp; num = 1002396902 '> Tips for using Mac and Heather where Mac people are welcome to add mp; num = 1002398598 '> Screenshots of their desktop.

In a really positive tone,: smoke:

Prog.

Link to content

Let's go back for a moment to the main theme of the Mac, and why it will never be so popular ...

The software, and maybe one of the major games, which is what prevents the Mac from capturing a larger market share that it could have caught if it had a real match for games, and I give the games as an example that I think is one of the biggest obstacles to the Mac, Who likes to talk and engage in hardware, but even after that use the same hardware (no matter how strong or not the Mac) for example in games ... eg ...

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

Well, so much nonsense I have not heard in a long time ...

Response to Prognathous

1. Primitive system? Damn interface? Compared to Windows 3.11, and even though there were no protected memory and preemptive multitasking until recently, not even in Windows (not in practice but only from NT) if you believe you've already experienced it in 95, 98 or ME, so you really have no idea. As for interface, you probably never really worked with Mac (sure not long and exclusive). Every visitor interfaces starts, and probably experienced already stood on the advantages of the Mac interface on that of the Wind ...

2. No one should learn Unix. Where do you get this bullshit? This is just an alternative. On the contrary, just see what they did there in Apple with the Apache server. simply incredible.

3. The 4 G processors are much more powerful and faster than 2 (at the same clock speed). Do not believe the demons of . Read material in professional hardware magazines that focus on processors. Even in ZD magazines you can find enough quick comparisons.

4. Give me one non upgradeable component? I'm talking about a professional computer course and not an iMac, which can also be upgraded. Memory? disk? Processor? Cards (PCI, AGP). What exactly can not be upgraded? You just do not know.

5. There is no problem connecting a SCSI card or any other adapter, and continue working with old hardware. What to do is the price of progress. At Wintel, they prefer to wade with parallels and other ancient technologies. FireWire is a registered patent of Which is largely responsible for the revolution in editing the digital video, both in the professional market and in the home market. Has issued technological patents more than any other company in the world. Always leading technology and the products it takes first, are quickly adopted by the rest of the market.

6. True, the lack of Hebrew support is very annoying, but it does not testify to the quality of the operating system.

7. I also liked that Linux became PC technology. Another proof that you have no clue. On Linux to PPC you heard?

8. The Tskber is not an invention invented by the Windus, but rather a Next.

9. Can not sort in two directions ???? Hello?

10. There is no undo in the fender ???? Hello?

11. Context Menus is much more flexible and improved than you get in Windows (you can do any script you can imagine.) In general, Applescript itself is something that any Windows user can only dream about.

12. Want a mouse with a pulley? regulation.

13. As for P&P in Windows, let me chuckle. If you've really used a Mac (and connected hardware ...) you know that comparing technologies is a joke.

Just note, I've been working at 6 for the past few years as a network administrator. Most of my work is in an Nt environment with over a thousand endpoints. Yes NT is a stable system, but a comparison between it and McAwas 8-9 is blatantly unfair. In comparison, MacBook 8-9 for Windows 95,98 ME, in my opinion, is a big winner in most areas.

As it looks today, OS X also exceeds 2000 and, With everything behind it from the Unix environments.

Reply to-

Link to content

Well, so much nonsense I have not heard in a long time ...

Nonsense? A typical McKay approach ... Let's examine things more seriously:

1. Primitive system? Damn interface? Compared to Windows 3.11, and even though there were no protected memory and preemptive multitasking until recently, not even in Windows (not in practice but only from NT) if you believe you've already experienced it in 95, 98 or ME, so you really have no idea.

A. I've been enjoying NT4 for years, when Apple did not even dream about OS X.

B. In Win98 you can freely run a large number of At the same time, almost always without locking. In OS9, on the other hand, I have to wait and wait when I do Simple steps until the control finally moves to the next application, Cooperative Multitasking with its ugliest face - just like Win3.11 and in some cases even worse.

As for interface, you probably never really worked with (Certainly not long and exclusive). Every visitor interfaces begins, and probably experienced already stood on the advantages of the Mac interface on that of the Wind ...

I worked (and I work) more than enough with , Much to my delight not exclusively. What makes the user interface so bad You can read in a large variety of points I brought in this discussion and others, Incidentally, at the tip of the iceberg - I can add many more examples.

The things I liked about the Mac, on the other hand, can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

2. No one should learn Unix. Where do you get this bullshit? This is just an alternative. On the contrary, just see what they did there in Apple with the Apache server. simply incredible.

Do not spoil what I wrote  : nono:, Even in windows no one "must" study dos. All I have written is: "Every Poweruser will have to learn Unix to really get the most out of the system", can you argue that is not true? : smoke:

3. The 4 G processors are much more powerful and faster than 2 (at the same clock speed). Do not believe the demons of . Read material in professional hardware magazines that focus on processors. Even in ZD magazines you can find enough quick comparisons.

You've only forgotten a little detail, There is no same speed as the PC processors clock, Unless you are comparing G4 ...

And if you're already mentioning the ZD, maybe you forgot the comparison of PC Magazine (from Ziff Davis) a month ago, Vectra prevents the Pentium 4 - 2GHz the G4 867Mhz, in every possible test. Meanwhile, the faster AthlonXP has been released. Life is beautiful when you're on ...;

4. Give me one non upgradeable component? I'm talking about a professional computer course and not an iMac, which can also be upgraded. Memory? disk? Processor? Cards (PCI, AGP). What exactly can not be upgraded? You just do not know.

The question is not whether the expensive models of the Mac can be upgraded (and do not make me laugh if you set up your iMac as an upgrade ...), the question is what the selection is and what the costs are.

Take, for example, ATI, the world's largest graphics card manufacturer (and now the most powerful card manufacturer, the Radeon8500), here's the supply it has to Mac:

ati-for-mac.png

The original table you can find HERE, Straight from the ATI site.

I'm sure if you can find that poor card, you'll pay a lot more for it than its counterpart to, Or alternatively, you can get a much stronger card at the same cost. This is always the case with every hardware item that is finally released in a special Mac version.

5. There is no problem connecting a SCSI card or any other adapter, and continue working with old hardware. What to do is the price of progress. At Wintel, they prefer to wade with parallels and other ancient technologies. FireWire is a registered patent of Which is largely responsible for the revolution in editing the digital video, both in the professional market and in the home market.

There's no problem, except that you'll have to pay the pants for it ...

And do not rattle us about parallels, every PC comes today with 2 to 4 inputs And there is no problem purchasing a Firewire card toBeyond that, the new sound cards of Creative even come with one bilt-in.

I personally know a graphic designer who has had to reset her Wacom tablet because the ADB adapter Costing a fortune.

She also had to upgrade Freehand because the defense plug was not suitable for the G4 (again ADB ...), oh yeah, she had to eventually purchase a SCSI card for her scanner and optical disc (by the way, for the Egyptian blows she had with this Adaptec I will expand another time, "Mac has no problems installing hardware" ... yeah right).

Has issued technological patents more than any other company in the world. Always a technological leader and the products it releases first, are soon adopted by the rest of the market.

If you are forced to lie to illuminate Apple in a positive, happy light.

Here is the opening trio for 2000, in real, Not in my dreams:

1. With 2927 patents

2. NEC with 2117 Patents

3. With 1004 patents

You see Apple here? I do not.

If you're curious, you can find them instead of the 19 with 92 patents (literally a superpower ;))

You have not added much credibility to this cheeset : nono:.

6. True, the lack of Hebrew support is very annoying, but it does not testify to the quality of the operating system.

Text input support is the first thing you need in an operating system. Unfortunately, users In the country are thrown corner fund, especially in the case of OS X.

By the way, until you notice, Will bypass you in a round (KDE3 someone? Full bi-directional support).

In any case recommend In Israel, this is bordering on fraud.

In the forum here there is a limitation on the length of messages,

Link to content

... Continuing:

7. I also liked that Linux became a technology . Another proof that you have no clue. On Have you heard of PPC?

You're probably hard-paced and understanding ...::) The comparison was between Linux and MacOS from home With all its ailments. Beyond that, PPC is a curiosity. Do you know anyone who actually uses it?

If you look closely, you'll see that this step-by-step system is nothing more than a reverse engineering display.

8. The Tskber is not an invention invented by the Windus, but rather a Next.

So what? Have it on, There is no Mac (The Dock only looks good, its functionality is much less, and OS9 has nothing to offer about it).

By the way, today NeXT are no more than a collectors item, so I would not put them into discussion. Unless you want to reminisce - for example, Xerox invented the graphical interface and not ...: smoke:

9. Can not sort in two directions ???? Hello?

Actually it is possible, but not as convenient as on PC. The fact is that in OS X Apple has already copied the method of  ;D

10. There is no undo in the fender ???? Hello?

I do not know how long you've been working with Mac, but MacOS (including OS9) just does not have! Of course, in OS X Apple again copied this necessary thing from, Not terrible, better late than never; D

11. Context Menus is much more flexible and improved than you get in Windows (you can do any script you can think of.) In general, Applescript itself is something that every user Can only dream about it).

Again, you're joking, tomorrow I'll give you a variety of examples Within a radius of a few good kilometers).

And as for scripting, have you heard of VBscript? What about Perl? Come on ::) Some users In Israel, did they hear about AppleScript?

12. Want a mouse with a pulley? regulation.

Sure, it's interesting why all the Macs insist on working with Apple's terrible mice? Maybe that's as-and-so-saw the ad's From "84" ("Think different"), there was something hypnotic about it, something that makes the L-word think the same!  :P

13. As for P&P in Windows, let me chuckle. If you've really used a Mac (and connected hardware ...) you know that comparing technologies is a joke.

The most successful plug-n-play is BeOS, for about five and a half supported hardware devices ...;

It seems that the limited amount of hardware that is supported on a particular platform means that you will see Sony For example ... Apple the right way!  ;)

Just note, I've been working at 6 for the past few years as a manager . Most of my work is in an Nt environment with over a thousand endpoints. Yes NT is a stable system, but a comparison between it and McAwas 8-9 is blatantly unfair. In comparison, MacBook 8-9 for Windows 95,98 ME, in my opinion, the Mac wins in most areas.

- Maybe you 'il read כל Discussion and not just the first message? I prove the opposite, domain after domain, after domain.

It will not hurt you to read the rest of the forum discussions. Of course you are welcome to respond  : hi:

As it looks today, OS X also exceeds 2000 and, With everything behind it from the Unix environments.

Reply to-

Even this is a separate discussion topic, OS X is finally a system that should not cause amateur Hide, but she too has a lot of drawbacks. I'll talk about some of them with a new one I'll open especially.

By the way, from the many points you chose to ignore: -X, you are welcome to comment on them.

Prog.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site