[Guide] The virtues of SpeedFan software + Fan control - Overclocking and cooling - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

[Guide] The virtues of SpeedFan + control software for fans

1_Nike_1

Following a lot of people who want to control their fans, I decided to write a general guide to software that also incorporates the order of actions necessary to control the fans! That is, not only an explanation of control over the fans because it was too short, but control of the fans + a few more intelligences of the known software.

It is important:

- It is important to note that only fans connected via the 3 or 4 connectors on the motherboard can be controlled by the software, since a fan connected directly to the power supply does not pass through any software.

- Please note that Are different from each other and are usually differentiated according to chips and brands, so the instructions here will not be as accurate as possible because each table has its own configurations and capabilities.

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT: Once you exit the program, you lose control over fan speeds, although you can set the program to start operating the operating system.

Now, as I said, it varies between board and board, so I will try to explain as much as possible about BIOUS as a whole so that everyone can understand.

Go to BIOUS and look in one of the menus for fan speeds and system temperatures. In the same menu you will find a CPU Smart Fan option that actually gives BIOUS control over the speed of the fans according to the needs of the system (temperature, etc.) - but of course you have no control over it. You must enable this option and choose PWM under it. Then go back to the main menu of the bios and choose Save and Quit.

After installing the SpeedFan, you can see that the program detects all the temperature sensors and their components in the system and also the speeds of the connected fans (provided they are connected to the board that supports this function)

1copylv6.png

Now you can really see the temperature and speeds of the fans as well as control and control over them

Click the Configure button in red, it will take you to the software settings.

- Also note the green V marks and the blue arrow .. There are more markings and they indicate the temperature level (details below)

2copylo4.png

Here you can see settings for component temperatures, fan settings, etc. You can set the first label and the temperature of which elements will appear in the main window. As shown in the following picture in black you will see the fields marked with V. Each line is a temperature of something specific and when it is marked at the beginning in V it will be displayed in the main window of the software. You can only remove sensors that point to 0 degrees or you do not care about them. (It should be noted that the place to display the temperature is limited) in general, when you click once on each row you can see at the bottom of the page specific settings for it.

Marked with blue are an example of a certain temperature - in this case of the four processor cores. In the context of the previous topic, I only marked 2 cores since the other two always display their own temperature. Is marked with an option blue that can be used only on one temperature. This option allows you to display the selected temperature in SysTray next to the clock and other applications.

In orange, the minimum and maximum value is specified for the temperature of that element. That is, the software will behave according to the temperature you will give it, and it will know how to display a green V in the main window when the temperature is in order, a flame when it is not ... and so on.

As for the green markings, this is below.

tempsml2.png

In order to gain control over the fans we will jump to the Advanced label (we will return later)

At the beginning the window will be empty, you will need to scroll through the top menu and select the desired sensor bar / channel

advancedjf7.png

Then orange is marked in the area you need to focus on. This is the definition of control over fans, just as in BIOS, only with other options. Once you have selected one of them you will have options below. You can choose between ON / OFF mode, or the fan is turned off or on (the maximum is on, as it would if it was connected directly to the power supply) or to certain modes such as manual mode and SmartGuardian mode. We selected the manual mode, for me it is Software Controlled and it can also be Manual PWM Control.

advanced2hq0.png

Return to the Speeds label, the fan speed settings. When you click on a fan in the list, you'll see quick settings below. Where you can choose its minimum and maximum speed. For example, the fan of the processor rotates too slowly when idle- at rest, you can raise it up. The same goes for LOAD-Effort.

tempsvl1.png

Go to the Options tab. You can choose when it works, it will go directly to SysTray and all sorts of other software options. But what I want you to pay attention to is marked in the next picture in green. These are fan settings. The right simply determines that if you exit the program, they will set a speed of 100% (for your choice) to the fans, and the left determines how much the fan will change its speed at a time. In other words, whether it will rise by one percentage point or by jumping by tens of percent. This is good for the fan to react quickly to sudden changes in temperatures.

optionswe4.png

More interesting options and things in the software.

Logging:

Another interesting option in the software. Saving temperature logs and fan speeds to an Excel file, the file is saved in the folder where the software is installed. As indicated you need to tick V and choose how many days the software will keep your logs.

logsci5.png

It should be noted that in the first label of the settings and in the second character, Temps, Fans, you can choose which items to monitor and save their logs in the program, as shown in the following picture in green.

tempsml2.png

Rename Temps / Fans / Sifts:

You can change the efficiency of using the software by changing the main window 0, 1 ... AUX and all sorts of things that are not clear to everyone (but even if it's clear to you, you can improve the situation). The following animation explains the process carefully, though it is quite simple.

gifio1.gif

Correcting Temperatures

Sometimes the software fakes or you want to change the Tjunction Max in the case of a processor Then you can do this as in the following picture. Add or subtract degrees to any component you want to show you the most accurate temperature.

capture06082008120837nl1.png

Events (if X then Y)

In the settings under the Events tab, you can create events that happen under certain conditions. For example to hear beep / beep when the hard drive temperature passes the 50 degrees. Or play a software or video / music file when the power supply fan is not running fast enough.

- marked in blue The item you want to refer to - a certain fan speed or component temperature, for that matter the temperature of the first processor core is selected. -Borod Is the condition that applies to the item you selected. You have known markings greater than .. smaller than .. equal. = <> And use them to determine variables. For example in the picture the situation is If CPU temperature 0 is > 65 (Above 65 degrees). -Badom If you select a single repeat then it will beep only once, while you select for 10 and 10 seconds then 10 times it will beep at intervals of 10 seconds.

events1as5.png

- And last but not least marked green The popup message will pop up a new window with a message that you can register, and Execute can do a lot of things. (For example, you can download and install software that turns off the computer and when a component of the system passes a certain temperature then SpeedFan will start the event / event that will start the program that turns the computer off.)

Once you have selected all the properties, press ADD and the event / EVENT will be added to the list.

(You can also see more examples in the following images)

events2ur2.png

events3zw2.png

events4uj6.png

Link to content

Thanks a lot for the feedback. !!! : xyxthumbs: : xyxthumbs:

I'm glad the guide came out clearly, I was afraid of it ;)

And yes, there is no such option ... I meant that we could make it happen. Just take a shortcut that runs the program and put it in the Startup folder ..

It is also a good idea to make the options labeled as "minimized" so that it does not jump but will remain in SYSTRAY.

Link to content

It is important:

- It is important to note that only fans connected via the 3 or 4 connectors on the motherboard can be controlled by the software, since a fan connected directly to the power supply does not pass through any software.

- Please note that Are different from each other and are usually differentiated according to chips and brands, so the instructions here will not be as accurate as possible because each table has its own configurations and capabilities.

IMPORTANT IMPORTANT: Once you exit the program, you lose control over fan speeds, although you can set the program to start operating the operating system.

Link to content

This means that if I do not have a speed regulator in the processor for example ....

So should I play with open software to put higher rpm?

PS-Managers drop a ratio of the person you invested and move it to a steak that really is a good guide ....

Link to content

THANK U BOTH : xyxthumbs:

This means that if I do not have a speed regulator in the processor for example ....

So should I play with open software to put higher rpm?

PS-Managers drop a ratio of the person you invested and move it to a steak that really is a good guide ....

Yes, as I mentioned you must have the software run in the background. But there are certain solutions that can be used. You can disable SMART FAN in BIOS then the fan will work on the maximum (this is what I did because it is also so quiet the HSF of my CPU. - Sometimes there are fan inputs on the board which provide less than 12V and thus the fan power can be reduced indirectly. All in all it depends on the specific situation.

Link to content

I just followed the SMART-FAN option guide on a blazing BIOS (I read that under this PWM should be but I do not have this option I have only enabled / turned off)

But when I lower / increase the percentage of the RPM software the fan does not change

Basically I want to control the fan of my Extreme is working all the time on 1800RPM and makes me a lot of noise (FM F3 by Zalman)

Now its specification does not say anything if it is 3 / 4 pins

My second fan that I also see in the software has it 3 pins

But he's fine, he does not make noise

And I also have another Stoke fan that I also want to control but I do not see it in the software at all

Link to content

According to the manual of your board I see that only SYS_FAN2 can control 3 pin fans.

CPU_FAN can control the fan only if it is 4 pins.

And the rest can not control the shoes - and when I say the rest I mean SYS_FAN1 and PWR_FAN.

Successfully :]

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site