Is light created or is it always there? - Science & Technology - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Is light created or is it always there?

Peace

I wonder about the nature of the creation of light, although there is the dualistic argument about the existence of light as waves and particles and this is not the question, the question deals with the ability to create light, that is, by investing energy in matter, this material (say a filament) creates light, A new thing, or perhaps the incandescent wire reveals a certain trait inherent in it, such as white light passing through a prism and breaking into wavelengths of a different color, the colors were not created but only exposed by the prism.

So this is the question, do we create something new that was not when we transfer energy in matter?

Is the extraction of the potential of matter a creation?

Or how do photons form?

Link to content

• תגובות 220
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Thanks Tzadik,

Although searching on Google and wiki is the thing I did before I bothered myself to babble such a question, thank you.

I still do not understand, is the photon an element trapped in matter and the energy that passes through the material releases it? Do you need energy to create light? What is the role of energy in light? In short, how did a photon come into being? What is the role of photon energy? ( I know that photon contains enough energy to activate one molecule, is it the energy in which it is charged? ) Because then a photon was always there and the energy just claimed it enough for the human eye to "see" it.

Link to content

Generally, a photon is emitted as a result of an electron falling from one level of energy to another. The energy difference between the levels will determine the wavelength of the photon. Such a process can also happen in reverse - a photon will damage the atom, "disappear" and cause the electron (not a molecule) to rise to one or more energy levels).

Photons, of course, have energy, and since energy is preserved, they can not appear without losing energy elsewhere.

The question "What role of energy in light?" Is unclear. Each electrhotromagnetic wave / photon has some energy.

Link to content

Both of you

Let me say this:

Why do we need electricity to have light (the lamp will light up) (Ok, I understand that in order to activate the atoms in the filament, but what is this activation of the photon? Exposing the ability that was inherent in matter?

Generally, a photon is emitted as a result of an electron falling from one level of energy to another. The energy difference between the levels will determine the wavelength of the photon. Such a process can also happen in reverse - a photon will damage the atom, "disappear" and cause the electron (not a molecule) to rise to one or more energy levels).

(A molecule, a molecule) The energy carried by a single photon is about 4 × 10-19 Joule, which is the amount of energy that is sufficient Stimulate a single molecule of light-absorbing cell in the eye, Thus creating a neural signal that is the physiological basis for vision. )

Link to content

When you inject an electric current with a filament, you make the electrons rise to a higher energy level. Since this is not their "natural" level, they fall back and in this process a photon is emitted.

The energy of a photon depends on its wavelength and the speed of light only. The human eye sees wavelengths between red and purple. A single photon The human eye will not look anyway, since it is not sensitive enough.

Link to content

Now that photon will eject 'date =' Where has it been until now?

[/ quote ']

The photon is No A particle with a mass somewhere in the atom and then escaped. Photon = energy: The electron that stimulates an atom that has fallen to a lower energy level has lost the excess energy in the form of energy release. This energy is emitted in the form of electromagnetic radiation, which is actually synonymous with photon / photons.

If you want to learn more about the subject you will do a search on Bohr's atomic model and Frank Hartz experiment

Link to content

So to my understanding right now,

The photon is the name of an energetic wave created by an excess of energy found in the electron that is charged by the electric current passing through the material of the filament,

I understand it right ?

(Because if so, then we enter the segment of the photon function as a particle, and if it is a particle then where was it?)

Link to content

The photon also acts as a particle (in certain situations). Since this is a massless particle, there is no physical impediment that it will appear as a result of an electron falling in energy level. There is no other conservation law / law passed here.

Link to content

The photon is simply a form of energy. It can also be eclipsed by other reactions, not just by decreasing electrons to lower levels of energy. For example, certain nuclear processes emit energy in the form of photons.

Another important thing to understand is that photon is not a classic particle. The mass is zero and is not a particle in the way you imagine.

On the very same principle of galactic particle duality (in the quantum theory) there are, for example, the phonons. The fonon is also not a classical particle and is actually an energy in the form of a mechanical wave (for example, atoms in the strands that vibrate at a certain frequency).

Hope this helped you understand and did not complicate you anymore:)

Link to content

Thanks for the undue concern (you explain well and I make the effort)

So right now I understand, photon is a form of excess energy?

And if it is zero, why should it be called zero mass?

Where is his energy?

Is the area in which it is a penny called "photon"?

What is "classic"? Maybe you mean arsenic?

Perhaps it is perceived in our limited (temporary) thought as "classic".

So again my understanding of the current response, the light that appears is released or formed or created by the filament that runs through the energy (energy)?

There is a difference in the meaning of these words, and the meaning of the difference is the novelty of it, ie, was the attribute of the light in the thread and only released it or created it, we connected something and created something new?

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site