Is light created or is it always there? - Page 12 - Science and Technology - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Is light created or is it always there?

No, I didn't get confused (at first yes, after that I reset myself ..)

I don't care what speed is (I'm always interested in physics on its descriptive side, not its mathematics ..)

But what affects the passage of electricity ...

How did the light really come on so fast? : nixweiss:

If we talk about the simple circle of Two wires and a lamp.

The time it takes for you to connect the wires until the lamp comes on is not even measurable by normal means,

And the cable length doesn't really make a difference. (I mean, how you connect, it turns on, both on the 3 cm cable, and on the meter cable)

So if you don't have to wait for the electrons to go all the way, except for the EM wave running on the cable, what exactly creates this wave?

And why does he run on the cable and not scatter in space?

And what happens when I unplug the cable from the battery? Will there be movement of electrons on the cable even though the lamp has been extinguished for a long time?

And what will happen when they come to the lamp? : \

And is it considered to have a current inside the cable, even though it is not connected to a battery, and does not transmit electricity?

We once calculated in the physics class (one of the first) the time it takes for electricity to reach the lamp .... It was quite nil but still exists

Link to content

• תגובות 220
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Okay .. but I guess it wasn't seconds. : Silly:

If electrons do not take a few seconds to reach, then what is the definition of electricity passing from one point to another? : s05:

Look, this is difficult to explain and perceptive ... There is an egg and chicken situation here - do the UMs create the currents and charges, or do the charges and currents create the fields? In any case, I think I know what the problem is in your perception. The first electron to come out of the battery would come in. If it were, you would definitely see significant lag times. What happens is that the fields spread rapidly in space and form a current in almost parallel wires throughout the wire, but again - do the fields create a current, or does the current create the fields? something.

Link to content

It seems to me that I understand .. What really turns on the lamp is yes, an electron coming to it, but what makes the electron reach it

It is not the movement of electrons from the battery to the lamp, but rather an EM wave that reaches the lamp quickly, moving some electrons from the cable near the lamp,

And makes them reach the lamp .. right?

The question is still what happens when you disconnect the battery, there are still electrons that creep towards the lamp .. No?

Or are the electrons not really advancing like dominoes in the direction of the lamp as I imagine?

Link to content

Also, the time it takes for electricity to pass through the cable (not including fields or heaven forbid, inducted CM) is quite small ... small enough for a human eye not to notice but large enough not to be negligible

Link to content

It seems to me that I understand .. What really turns on the lamp is yes, an electron coming to it, but what makes the electron reach it

It is not the movement of electrons from the battery to the lamp, but rather an EM wave that reaches the lamp quickly, moving some electrons from the cable near the lamp,

And makes them reach the lamp .. right?

The question is still what happens when you disconnect the battery, there are still electrons that creep towards the lamp .. No?

Or are the electrons not really advancing like dominoes in the direction of the lamp as I imagine?

There will be some very short decay time, not much different from the time it took for the light to turn on and eventually the current will stop. It is important to note that electrons in metal are not stationary when no voltage is applied. they Random movement all the time, the average of which gives a current 0. When applying voltage to a conductor, the electrons "prefer" a certain direction so that the average of their movement gives a non-0. current, which is why their speed is so low - they constantly undergo collisions and scattering and only On average, they move slowly in a certain direction. (Drude model for metal transmission, if you want to read more about it)

Link to content

The Arcane:

Do you think my attitude is condescending? Well, I see. One can easily go wrong like that.

The discussion completely surfaced to what seemed to be nothing to do with it, but in fact it was connected.

The question "whether light is created or perhaps it always exists" requires information on what light is. How he behaves. Why and when.

Don't have that information? There is no legitimate discussion. If you can't figure it out, I can't do anything about it except fuck the mind.

It is impossible to explain to anyone 300 years of physics in four short sentences.

Your approach of "I know very well" due to "Third Year in the Faculty of Electricity" is not doing well with you. You refuse to understand simple concepts.

Not because you can't, but because you think what you've learned is Torah from Sinai. A classic mistake. Closed head.

Whenever I come across poor or missing knowledge in someone, I try to find out from what position the person in front of me is arguing what is claiming and just trying to bring it at least

Understand what I'm talking about. Not to claim my mental superiority but so that we can discuss the same level of knowledge.

I disregard the formal education, not your own. Like I wrote, maybe you are smart and can discover wonders I can't imagine, I have no problem with that.

Currently, your biased and closed minded.

RLM:

Audio. You know from this capacitor, how is it built and how cargo is kept on it? Be righteous in Sodom, please.

Link to content

The Arcane:

Do you think my attitude is condescending? Well, I see. One can easily go wrong like that.

The discussion completely surfaced to what seemed to be nothing to do with it, but in fact it was connected.

The question "whether light is created or perhaps it always exists" requires information on what light is. How he behaves. Why and when.

Don't have that information? There is no legitimate discussion. If you can't figure it out, I can't do anything about it except fuck the mind.

It is impossible to explain to anyone 300 years of physics in four short sentences.

Your approach of "I know very well" due to "Third Year in the Faculty of Electricity" is not doing well with you. You refuse to understand simple concepts.

Not because you can't, but because you think what you've learned is Torah from Sinai. A classic mistake. Closed head.

Whenever I come across poor or missing knowledge in someone, I try to find out from what position the person in front of me is arguing what is claiming and just trying to bring it at least

Understand what I'm talking about. Not to claim my mental superiority but so that we can discuss the same level of knowledge.

I disregard the formal education, not your own. Like I wrote, maybe you are smart and can discover wonders I can't imagine, I have no problem with that.

Currently, your biased and closed minded.

RLM:

Audio. You know from this capacitor, how is it built and how cargo is kept on it? Be righteous in Sodom, please.

You try to build physical models that are worth nothing ... your attempts are pathetic and there is no better way than ignoring them

You say you are looking for theoretical physics but not mathematics ... so you * think * the same models work, in reality they are not worth the page they are written on

Link to content

I am not trying to build anything amiable, everything is already built and made and tested and recorded. I'm also not looking for anything. I just see what there is and what they say about what.

I am not the first or the last to argue about the issues of the subject Different.

Do you think you know? Round it. Leave your defenses aside as well as your "pearls" and go ahead and tell me what you are Knows

Not what you are thinking You know.

The fly parable:

A great scientist somewhere caught a fly and wanted to see how the fly heard.

Put it in a box and shout a loud shout at it.

The fly jumped and flew and landed.

The great scientist, opened the box, ripped off a wing, closed the box and shouted a loud shout.

The fly bounced and winked and bounced.

The great scientist, again opened the box, ripped off the second wing, closed the box, and again a loud shout.

The fly did not move.

The scientist approached and shouted again.

Fly ? Sure!

The great scientist took the scientific notebook and wrote "No wing is a deaf fly!"

Link to content

Oh, the proofs are ... Say, you don't know how to think alone? Turn heads?

I will give you a list of experiments done that you do not know (there are full ones), tell you a sucking story from your finger and you will swallow?

Do you need proof of the "information" model? you are not serious. It's such a simple idea that if you look around you and activate some healthy and unimaginative imagination,

Give yourself a nose and ask "Why haven't I seen this before?"

Here, I'll start the "hard work" ... imagine. Einstein was really good at it (check) but he was, of course, a member of the establishment.

Imagine a cube of whatever material you want, in front of you. Stationary. What "information" do you have in front of your face? Again, this is not my invention. Try to remember.

Link to content

Right aluminum, the truth is definitely with you!

I decided to look around and try to get a "clean brain" approach to everything I see around me

And I definitely came to conclusions and results! The most productive thing I've done in years ...

The main conclusion I came to is:

You're an idiot

Link to content

: xyxthumbs: well said.

Greetings. Written ... or not.

: hi:

For those who really but really want to expand their knowledge of the essence of light, here is an interesting experiment (also related to the topic)

"Quantum Quirk: Stopped Laser Pulse Reappears in Short Distance Away"

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=quantum-quirk-stopped-las

"Harvard Physicist Plays Magician With the Speed ​​of Light"

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/magazine/15-11/st_alphageek

"First, There Was LightUntil Harvard Physicists Stopped It"

http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=356851

Link to content

A clean brain and logic is simple, but without any proof, your theory remains only a theory, and you have no right to mock anyone who disagrees with you and believes the conventional theory, which, incidentally, is very, very well founded.

(I do not rule out what you say and I do open minded, but when you say your thoughts are already 18 pages without any foundation, it looks like bullshit (excuse me)).

Link to content

almonime

You may well have a good head on your shoulders, but you have no right to visit the existing models and formal education without having purchased it yourself. It's a high school student who decides he doesn't believe in the math he teaches, so he invents a new one for himself and mocks other students who are needy.

I can't discuss it with you because in formal education you learn to look at things in a certain way that you won't accept. You think I'm spoon fed? Maybe in the Faculty of Lawn Science at some false college ... If there's anything the Technion is good at doing is getting his students to suffer and get to things alone. You can read articles and experiments at home as much as you want, but until you come, get the math and physical element and see how things come together from neat development and neat math, to me, you have no right to start visiting.

I, unlike you, am not trying to claim that I know everything. I'm only in the middle of my studies and I have many more things to cover. However, I did learn a lot in a number of areas, and precisely in those areas - whenever I tried to tell you something, or you argued with me stubbornly, or you avoided and shifted the discussion to another topic. I ask again - has your "wisdom of life" taught you about the electric field from a private relativity perspective? Because I was taught. And it turns out you're not ready to accept anything but what you know about the "magnetic effect", while I do know a number of different perspectives, know how to explain the difference, and can explain to you why what you're saying doesn't contradict what I'm saying. So who's here with a closed head? me or you?

So pretty, with f-in sugar on top, get off your podium, and you'll learn something seriously before reviewing.

And by the way, the experiment you cited as an example doesn't know why, probably because we're all zombies of the establishment or something, it doesn't seem so underground. Although hey, Harvard has always been the wildest rebel in the world of physics. Seems like a very interesting experiment in quantum optics, not something new and unexplained that undermines physics. I'll also tell you a secret, it doesn't surprise me at all that the light can be slowed down. They even talked to us about it at the Technion! But quietly, the physics police won't catch us.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site