Check Point is looking for Technical Support / QA Engineers - No Acto - Page 1493 - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Check Point is looking for technical support / QA engineers - not Acto

alex.turovsky

Zvika Where are these shattering?

I'm not allowed to elaborate and explain exactly how we work but there are no Indians in the middle and there are only HI END customers and not only the crazy authority of the CCSE are opening calls and what else did you say "basic knowledge depends on a person", nor is it forcing you to be a cannon or you Just flying. This is not a customer support level And there are support contracts of millions and there are malfunctions that affect 500 thousand computers at that moment. So it's a completely different world and the track is not comparable to any other company.

In short, everything is really different from what you say and whoever gets there will get exposure to how and why.

Please write to me if you have any objections to the above, and I try to leave the discussion with authentic information so that questions about wages will be answered only by the company.

Good night.

Alex, CCSE This is not a crazy certification, I have CCSE + and the tests are a joke (which reminds me to have to renew one to R70), and there are more how Indians are in the middle. Again, customers who work through CSPs and not one of Checkpoint's DES / EBS can not open a problem, and in their name only CCSE or above can open a problem. There are many levels of support for Checkpoint's products, and most customers do not work directly with you but through intermediate companies, and I know the quality of Checkpoint's support very closely, there are cannons, and there are people who did not hold the grocery, In situations such as SPLAT processor miner (99%) even when there is no traffic instead of doing the most basic tests (such as which debug level is activated at the moment) send customers to install patches (successfully install Patch with 99% processor occupancy).

And the last time I called 036115100, an Indian guy answered me.

Link to content

• תגובות 66
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Dubi Zubi Absolutely right Mouth.

In order to open a problem, a company in which I work (250 in Israel and 100 in branches abroad) must contact a third-party company in the form of an integration company (I will not mention names here) only to solve the problem of NGX R70 NAT is true for SIP traffic from a certain provider we are slaves to.

And in this situation I have to explain to the "certified" integration company (which is perhaps expert in security but has no idea VoIP) how the SIP protocol works at the level of packet sniffer just so that it can pass it on to Checkpoint.

Incidentally, SIPwareware has terrible products, especially Safe Safe.

To the honorable fighter, there is no crazy knowledge here if you work in the field and you have a head on your shoulders. It's a pity that most of the population here is made up of children who have not yet finished understanding what they want in their lives. Maybe at least the new forum (IT) will open invitations here for a more mature audience.

Link to content

You killed me with the Indians [br]Published at: 30.09.2010 at 01: 32: 10

And Dovie, where did all this knowledge come from?

I work for a company that provides communications solutions for EM and Infrastructure, which inter alia provides support for Checkpoint products through the Collaborative Enterprise Support - support provided by third-party companies and professional services called Checkpoint (Checkpoint) Company services for PS projects such as large POCs, or first-party integrations).

Dubi Zubi Absolutely right Mouth.

In order to open a problem, a company in which I work (250 in Israel and 100 in branches abroad) must contact a third-party company in the form of an integration company (I will not mention names here) only to solve the problem of NGX R70 NAT is true for SIP traffic from a certain provider we are slaves to.

And in this situation I have to explain to the "certified" integration company (which is perhaps expert in security but has no idea VoIP) how the SIP protocol works at the level of packet sniffer just so that it can pass it on to Checkpoint.

Incidentally, SIPwareware has terrible products, especially Safe Safe.

To the honorable fighter, there is no crazy knowledge here if you work in the field and you have a head on your shoulders. It's a pity that most of the population here is made up of children who have not yet finished understanding what they want in their lives. Maybe at least the new forum (IT) will open invitations here for a more mature audience.

Checkpoint does not have any normal product above the session layer. You want great products for the 5-7 (mainly 7) layers of PaloAlto.

You can purchase direct support from a checkpoint, even 24 / 7 but a) it costs a fortune, b) in most cases they send you to other companies, and c) even when they are willing to accept you as a client, They'll send you someone else.

I do not know who sent you, but if the name M. tells you something, I know who you're talking about, and he does not understand much and he no longer works for us.

Link to content

What is the name of this company?

multicore- I think opening an IT forum is a very important step and it's hard for me to understand why they did not do it years ago

What does it matter, unlike other people I do not think publicly exposing where you work is a smart idea, it does not reflect your best interests or the company you work in. In our company, an employee receives up to NIS 5000 for every employee he brings (starts with less, from the third and above). If you follow Alex's considerations, I would already have to open a post in any forum in Israel, but why would it contribute? There are placement companies, they will do it, I prefer to bring people I know to fit 5% and not recommend people whose level of familiarity with them is equal to my level of familiarity with the bus driver of the 100 line bus from 641 years ago.

Checkpoint operates a fairly large support center, but no matter what support center it is, Alex thinks again that "if you're not a cannon you're flying" it might be "true" but it's not a microsoft or Who dismiss 10% of their "lowest quality" employees every year, almost every other software company in Israel besides the whipped cream companies jump to senior positions. In the end, as with any technical support job, you have goals to meet them, and this does not make you a "cannon" in anything but a characteristic of faults and appropriate escalation (AKA, how many faults a day do you solve in the end, Removing a solution from the VKB or if you are at high enough levels running a basic debug and working with the QA / Development department that are also part of the support system.

Again, this is not specific to Checkpoint. This is true for any company that develops any product and provides support. Symantec, McAfee, Nortel, Fortinet, Imperva and any other company in the world work the same way.

Another thing I'll tell you is if you want to acquire real knowledge, ECI and Bezeq have similar plans for their support. ECI is the largest transmission manufacturer in the world (there is a requirement for prior experience, but this is the most supported EMC and EMC support center in EMEA. They even have plans to transition from support to senior outsourcing positions with their customers), and Bezeq in the control and support center for transmission and business customers.

Link to content

I asked you not to deviate from the discussion, and all of the above is irrelevant: Zvika, I sent you HF with explanation. As mentioned, I have no problem discussing you, but not here. The same goes for Yevgeny.

I deliberately gave two ways to send CVs and I already explained who should send me HF instead of contacting JOBS. I'm interested only in friends I know.

The rest will be sent to the CV by the nice girls in person (who sent a resume to JOBS).

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site