Computer for games up to 2000 NIS - Page 5 - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Gaming PC up to NIS 2000

And this is in line with what I told you so far, the load they are testing is just that of the video card, you have to take into account both the processor and the other components.

As we progress, you believe in the guru so at least you will quote their bottom line which is the essence of the whole discussion

Subjective measured GPU power consumption = ~ 141 Watts

You add the maximum load of the other components and reach 265W

parable

Link to content

• תגובות 75
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

So if you go Guru then to the end, don't:

Radeon HD 6870 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.

If you are going to CPU or processor, then we recommend you buy something with some more stamina.

Same page under the table

They manage to understand what you are not

Link to content

On the other hand, they also wrote:

There are many good PSUs out there, please do have a look at our many reviews as we have loads of recommended PSUs for you to check out in there

In other words, we recommend that you take a 500W provider and take a look at the suppliers we reviewed to see what a good 500W is.

Link to content

I didn't understand the context ...

Anyone who buys a ticket should match it to their supplier, isn't it clear?

They write you there how much the system consumed when the card was in full effort and what provider needed for the whole system, what is so difficult to understand here?

I will direct you to another discussion on exactly the same topic in the Techpowerup forum:

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2364247

Not surprisingly the same conclusions

Link to content

I have massaged all your gossips and you are wrong and worse, deceptive, who finished fifth grade gets along with connecting and did not fall victim to cheap demagoguery

Understand that a quality 400W provider will do the job WITH ROOM TO SPARE

Another little graph from a negligible site called xbitlabs

hd6800_power.png

I ended this discussion

Link to content

1. Recommended power supply power From display card manufacturers There is usually no practical justification - and it serves, in my opinion (and not only in my opinion), mainly as a legal defense for them.

See table of actual values ​​for example - HERE.

1 a. Many professional review sites perform the power consumption measurements in their reviews, לפני (Ie, between the power supply and the power outlet, and therefore the result should be offset by the "electric depreciation" rate of the power supply itself and the estimated power consumption of the other components of the system - and each test on its merits (since not every test They have the same burden).

2. To the best of my knowledge and experience, to the declared TDP value of - as a rule, it should be treated as a declaration Planning Of the manufacturer regarding the same family- - neither of which processors are expected to reach it.

The TDP value Practice Usually it will be Until 2 / 3 ~ above-mentioned TDP, and often much less.

Link to content

Another graph that does not show end states ... How does it help?

Just note that this net card language is not in full effort

What are you trying to prove here? That if the system is not a full effort and if only a partial effort is put into the card then the supplier you have put enough? I agree with that. But that's not the way to check which system is right for the system, it's just a power test in which game.

hw_joe I pass the declared TDP to the processor in an effort

You need to address the fact that the supplier has weakened over time and will erode faster as it is longer in effort and at the same time motherboard and video card become slightly more consumer with time because component efficiency decreases, neither supplier for two months nor for two years

The review sites do indicate this but they also make sure to recommend a suitable supplier, often they recommend a lower supplier than the manufacturer recommends only that in the case of 6870 the recommendation is 500W

It's not like I'm not saying that the vendor won't run the system, it will simply stretch to the edge and put the system at risk that will increase as time goes on.

I'll add a quote I saw in another forum that also explains the matter well:

I don't think you want to stress that that hard even if you can make it work. You will put added stress on the , which will reduce it's lifespan. Not to mention if you kill the you may take other components with it. If I were you, I wouldn't run that card with anything less than a QUALITY 550w power supply.

Link to content

First of all, I have not yet seen any doubt that "we will play,

And secondly, as there is some reduction in power supply over the years, high-power power producers plan their products in advance so that the available capacity will not be less than the stated power over the expected lifetime.

And for testing software that provides any "actual TDP" value for - As a rule, it is inappropriate to rely too much on this value, since it is based on a relatively rough valuation - and not on accurate data, I believe.

Link to content

To the extent that there has been any depreciation in the power supply over the years - high-quality power supply manufacturers plan their products in advance so that the available power does not diminish the declared power for the expected lifetime.

True, only it tends to explode

And components do consume more power over the years, the capacitance decreases throughout the life of the product and it becomes more consumer

The same goes for power suppliers, so the supplier's power declines over time

Hence, when you put together a system that you want to last for a good few years without mid-vendor replacements or potentially damaging supplies that have not met the load, you need to take a confidence factor.

Link to content

This was not the intention

I meant that if you now have a motherboard that we assume is necessary from the system now 50W, over time its consumption will rise because of the erosion of the capacitors, decrease in capacitance and as a result of decreased efficiency and higher power consumption, as above screen card and any other component ...

Link to content

This was not the intention

I meant that if you now have a motherboard that we assume is necessary from the system now 50W, over time its consumption will rise because of the erosion of the capacitors, decrease in capacitance and as a result of decreased efficiency and higher power consumption, as above screen card and any other component ...

I did not hear about it. Do you have proof of that?

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site