Main Discussion and Concentration on AMD Processors (Bulldozer Processors) - Page 6 - Processors, Motherboards and Memories - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

The main discussion and concentration of information on AMD's FX processors (Bulldozer processors)

• תגובות 243
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

The last time I checked Trinity processors were definitely in a roadmap of , Alongside Vishera each of the models in the market segment to which it is intended. I'll look for updates later.

I do not understand why you call this brainwashing debate.

I would like to begin by noting that I do not refer the following to you, or to anyone else in person, just using the sentence you wrote as the basis for the following.

There is a difference between opinion and determination. In the current discussion, there are already too many firm determinations about the usability of the platform, and we are in total about 24 hours from launch.

Your disappointment with others is legitimate, even understandable to some degree of half-built expectations built for these processors, but it is yours. That does not mean that everyone is disappointed (not all of them will use the system or the same expectations as you) and that certainly does not mean that everyone was "disappointed" equally. So your experience, even if perhaps in good faith, "convincing" that there is an inferior product here is simply irrelevant, and some of the wording used is bordered on brainwashing (spreading slogans and general statements to the air in order to summarize the whole issue in the bottom line) A colossal disappointment that should be avoided), and at times even an indication of the motives behind the messages.

Link to content

Maybe in light of what I wrote so far I contradict myself at the moment I say that once you have a price estimate for these processors in the country I consider buying 8150 not because it is better or less good ones because it does not really matter you can look at my computer specification and understand that it really does not matter Me because I personally will not feel any difference anyway. I'm just ready to buy it because it is technologically better in my opinion.

My intention here of course is that I have not bought a new system for at least 10 years so I do not have any parameter for testing and comparison real except tables and comparisons I see on different sites.

I'm just not happy with the promises and the result of the company and it's really frustrating.

Link to content

The last time I checked Trinity processors were definitely in a roadmap of , Alongside Vishera each of the models in the market segment to which it is intended. I'll look for updates later.

There is a difference between opinion and determination. In the current discussion, there are already too many firm determinations about the usability of the platform, and we are in total about 24 hours from launch.

Your disappointment with others is legitimate, even understandable in the light of the half-built expectations built for these processors, but it is yours. This does not mean that everyone is disappointed (not all of them will use the system or the same expectations as you) and that certainly does not mean that everyone was "equally disappointed". So your experience, even if perhaps in good faith, "convincing" that there is an inferior product here is simply irrelevant, and some of the wording used is bordering on brainwashing (spreading slogans and statements to the air in order to summarize this whole matter as a colossal disappointment) , And sometimes even a raise will be about the motives behind the messages (and to remove the doubt I do not blame).

Maybe I did not read the map correctly. I realized that Trinity was canceled.

And there is a difference between assertion and fact. No one decides on his own, we all follow the facts of dozens of visitors on the net who say the same thing. It does not matter how long it has been since the launch. Results will not change anytime soon.

And again, everyone can frustrate the criticisms and draw some conclusions from them. I am? I was disappointed, and I'm not the only one. But I'm certainly not disappointed by all of us.

This product is completely inferior when it comes with such a price tag. Is irrelevant and there is no reason why a person dealing with heavy software should examine it. Sure, the Thuban overcomes some of the heavy software, and is half cheaper. need to understand There is nothing wrong with such a statement. No one came to influence anyone.

One can argue that the whole platform will be cheaper, and you can say that you will need to buy a higher quality power supply than the one that will cost the platform against SB. I am currently looking only at the processor.

Link to content

I do not understand this defense on In the above case.

They took out Right now Product X inferior From a Y product in the market for a while, it is true that this moment is rising less (And not a little), that's it.

To start talking about an untapped architecture - a flower. We have been in this movie with the Radeon HD3xxx and with each processor since the A64 excellent.

Even if there are improvements in the core and optimizations (as shown in the working mode of the CPU 8 vs. 7), the enhancement will not be 100% nor 50%. The next Y product of the competitor is not far from release and this further clouded the matter as we as consumers will only suffer from a state of lack of competition in the market.

That's my opinion.

Link to content

Good,

Many pages have been made since I last read.

You have to make some mess.

Bottom line, the bulldozer, the architecture is disappointing and absolutely horrible. As a company should disappear after the deep disappointment that it caused us that this product not only consumes more power in the load, with a larger DIE area and with horrible single THREAD performance and I intend to prove everything.

Let's see together how much the bulldozer is at the games and there is no competition for SB at all levels and it is even cheeky to price the FX-8150 between the 2500K and the 2600K. Here are some graphs of the games:

shogunhwheaven.png

f1hwheaven.png

deuhwheaven.png

re5legitreview.jpg

bf3hardocp.png

bf3hardocpoc.png

Truly terrible game performance.

This processor is also bad for synthetic tests. See how inferior he is

3dmark11hwheaven.png

Rendering and encoding are another failure:

povraylegitreviews.jpg

x2642ndpasshardocp.png

mediashowguru3d.png

handbrakeguru3d.png

Mixing functions (encryption, SSL, and the rest)

hashguru3d.png

Due to the location and time, I did not attach compression (eg WinRAR and 7ZIP), IO speed of the entire platform, and a few other metrics where the bulldozer is excellent and competitive and even better.

I have consciously omitted nachts and applications where the SB is preferable and there are those, especially those using a single core where, for some reason, there is a bulldozer malfunction. There is a bottle that Needs to be fixed, which lowers performance in apps where there is only one One works in the module.

Yes, I was a bit sarcastic and a little derisive about the black and worried and disappointed contracts that, more than they are concerned, they make themselves anxious to frighten others. Again, the FUD tactic is known.

Someone mentioned here the SYSMARK 2012. Of the sites I've reviewed, I noticed an interesting fact - almost no one uses SYSMARK 2012. And the reason is clear. Both AMD and VIA as well Retiring from the consortium that develops SM because it is controlled by . This benz is totally irrelevant because it is simply cheating and lying.

Someone else pointed out that there is a doubt of 800W for a bulldozer with an OC. This claim is of course a false and demagogic claim. True, you are uploading 8 cores to 5GHZ so there's nothing to do, power consumption will go beyond TDP at regular frequencies which is incidentally going well with specifications. Saw that the machine consumes 500W from the wall and came to the conclusion that it is the CPU that consumes everything without thinking that there might be some GTX-580 or some HD69X0.

Bottom line - there are childhood diseases, there are bottlenecks that need to be fixed (single core and performance regression compared to the hexagonal phantom), there are programs that need to be built again to make the most of the new architecture but call it "inferior" "failure" "oven" and other words from the creator Of cheerleading band or tribune in the gallery. It's really exaggerated.

Total good product, with general improvement trend although there were some higher expectations.

-----

Happy holiday

Link to content

I liked how you picked up FX8150's "best", so to see it defeated does not have to work hard, most reviews do it as easily as here:

http://techreport.com/articles.x/21813/10

And here

http://www.techspot.com/review/452-amd-bulldozer-fx-cpus/page10.html

And here too

http://www.tweaktown.com/articles/4348/amd_fx_8150_am3_3_6ghz_bulldozer_cpu_review/index.html

And here too

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/amd_fx8150/

And a little here

http://www.overclockers.com/amd-fx-8150-bulldozer-processor-review?utm_source=pr

And here too

http://www.madshrimps.be/articles/article/1000220/AMD-FX-8150-Bulldozer-CPU-Review/2#axzz1acT4mB7h

And maybe here too

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cpu_mainboard/amd_fx8150_cpu_review/7

And here

http://www.lostcircuits.com/mambo//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=102&Itemid=42&limit=1&limitstart=18

And here

http://hothardware.com/Reviews/AMD-FX8150-8Core-Processor-Review-Bulldozer-Has-Landed/?page=9

And here too

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=831&Itemid=63&limit=1&limitstart=7

And here too

http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-fx-8150-processor-review/19

And even here

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/47155-amd-bulldozer-fx-8150-processor-review.html

But on the other hand, the arguments you brought are so convincing ... and the whole thing of "wait for it to get better" improves the situation and makes everything pink and optimistic, but in the meantime it's not like that, for now the market is not waiting for anyone and continues to advance at the clock ... Tick. ... tuk ...

Fortunately, there are quality products in this series, and my eyes are looking at the square bulldozers that should carry a cheap price tag and good speeding capabilities along with performance, Mainly from the FX4000 series

Link to content

Pretty. Looks like you had to go to so many reviews and pick them up with tweezers to prove a claim.

You chose to ignore SYSMARK because Intel invests in them, but on the other hand most of the games you bring are working better with (Gaming evolved).

It's funny that you chose to bring only the second pass, and POVray works well with FMA and AVX , And we will not forget that nothing prevents Intel from supporting these instructions in the future.

False and demagogic claim? If she bothered to read the review, she would see exactly which system they checked the consumption from the wall. There is no 69XX or 560. A bulldozer under Need more 200-300W. And if you try to claim that it is normal when you are speeding a processor, then it is not. Not at that level.

farcry.png

hardreset.png

A little physics on the processor, oops.

metro.png

starcraft.png

Winrar and 7Zip. The only two programs in which a bulldozer compares to SB.

winrar.png

7zip.png

photoshop.png

And the most interesting graph;

t4.png

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/10/11/amd_bulldozer_fx8150_desktop_performance_review

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/amd-fx-8150_8.html#sect1

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/cpu/32110-amd-bulldozer-fx-8150/

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4955/the-bulldozer-review-amd-fx8150-tested

Everyone draws the same conclusions.

Do not try to put lipstick on the lip of a pig. Maybe Plan a pink future for the bulldozer, but Intel already has a ball in the barrel. And thanks to the bulldozer, each of them is going to cost $ 500 or higher.

Edit: dj ahead of me.

I'm also waiting to see what FX-4XXX will do and how it will be priced.

Link to content

Please show me a board supporter , Supports 4 SATA 6GBPS ports for less than 600 NIS

Oh, you can not

Not to mention that FX4XXX in Stock is equal to I3SB and can be done with OC. . .

And Yossi, try to bring performance tests from other sources and not just one review

Link to content

wait wait wait....

I wrote explicitly that I deliberately did not collect tests in which the intelts were preferable. Read it again. The intention is not to throw diagrams into the air, but the arguments about "total failure" were my goal. I brought some examples that this is not a complete failure. This is not what many expected because there were expectations for more but a failure certainly not. This processor is fast enough for any purpose and put it next to 2600K for fluent work and you will not feel the difference.

There are anomalies that require polishing, but this product as a whole (and the whole group) is definitely good. People can choose this product today if they have a justification for the applications in which it is powerful. He is not the only one, because both Intel and the hexagons are good. Pricing will determine everything.

I think that the intermediate market - hexagonal and quadrilateral bulldozers will be more significant in the market than the 8150, because no one in the home desktop needs this processing power.

For Yossi, the XBITLAB site is not professional enough for me.

To DJ. I've seen most of the sites you mentioned earlier. In many of them, the results I raised earlier are strengthened. That is, the 8150 is good for encoding, encryption, compression, rendering

Link to content

Now OK, let's get the argument that the support over the 4 cores is not something, even in the FX4170 processor that runs at a crazy frequency of 4.2GHZ We do not see anything special

http://www.legionhardware.com/articles_pages/amd_fx_8150fx_8120fx_6100_and_fx_4170,6.html

indeed

I do not understand why to release quad-core processor when new square The previous generation (Phenom 980) passes it in games and is quite equal to it in general.

I am with my processor P II X4 965 which is currently on 4GHZ going through these processors.

And if it's not a failure, you're getting a new set of And it is not good from the series that has been on the market for a few months now (INTEL) so I really do not understand what a failure really is. : nixweiss:

Link to content

wait wait wait....

I wrote explicitly that I deliberately did not collect tests in which the intelts were preferable. Read it again. The intention is not to throw diagrams into the air, but the arguments about "total failure" were my goal. I brought some examples that this is not a complete failure. This is not what many expected because there were expectations for more but a failure certainly not. This processor is fast enough for any purpose and put it next to 2600K for fluent work and you will not feel the difference.

Really beautiful.

It is clear that from time to time the FX bypasses the SB. No one claimed otherwise. The problem is that it is only From time to time. And even then its difference from the SB is very low, compared to the SB which often "rips" the FX. That's what people here defined as a "failure." The fact that you have redefined the word "failure" for them as "this processor always loses" is something else.

"With regular work you will not be able to feel the difference." : Lol:

Then? Ongoing work, my E5200 is constantly flowing and flowing. It's a problem knowingly buying a processor that will be less good in a lot of applications, but simply ignore it completely because "on-the-job" is also "strong enough". Besides, the SYSMARK test examines a set of "general" applications that are frequently used by many people - where the FX lost 25%.

For Yossi, the XBITLAB site is not professional enough for me.

To DJ. I've seen most of the sites you mentioned earlier. In many of them, the results I raised earlier are strengthened. That is, the 8150 is good for encoding, encryption, compression, rendering

Just interested me-why not?

You brought a link to a site that shows, unlike many other sites, that the FX wins the SB in games. It seems, at least in my opinion, that it is actually less reliable.

Everyone here has come to this conclusion like you. The problem is that it is better at a few percent (or less well in a few percent) in these cases, while in other functions it is not as good By tens of percentage points.

giloman:

You raise a completely legitimate argument. The price of the platform is certainly an important consideration. But this is not the discussion.

In future discussions, in which these data will materialize, we can talk about the price of the platform. As mentioned here, there is a chance that the FX will require a supplier with higher power.

Link to content

It is not enough that AMD released a lukewarm processor late, the IVYBRIDGE around the corner already. It's so irrelevant ...

It is true that there are things in which BD is good, but as it is said, the difference is in a few percentage points, compared to a difference of up to tens of percent in favor of other tests.

What future optimizations are you talking about? Phenom still does not compete with Intel, after enough time for 'optimizations', so it's still with the digs.

The only two times that AMD gave Fite to Intel were ATHLON, Thunderbird and A64. I really hope they will be able to bring out a product that will turn the tables again, but for that Probably should be negligent, as in the Prescott case.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site