Modding and Sliding Tools - What is on the market, what is recommended and what to stay away from :-) - Electronics & Modding - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Modding and Sliding Tools - What's on the market, what's recommended and what to stay away from :-)

adi518

In general, anyone who wants to do Substantial supply its power and everything surrounding (front panel, fans, etc.) need a tool for pin pressing (CRIMPING TOOL). In the market there are 3 main models + the original tool of the MOLX. Here in Israel you can not get these tools. I was in all the stores on Mount Zion and the only one who had something approaching it was 'Electronics Mount Zion' and even then the tool did not fit. They all look the same so it's misleading! : hi:

uhxyS.jpg

The first model is that of Molex itself:

PKqwt.jpg

What is surprising is that the original tool is not necessarily the best tool! More about this later. This is also the place to note that the connection between the nature of the pressure and its price is not necessarily direct. The company sells mainly to factories and therefore its cost to the private user is $ 200, yes what you heard. : screwy:

It is also time to note that the importer of Molax to Israel is a company called Telesis. This company is mostly familiar to businesses, but if they have something in stock, then even an occasional customer can come in and buy. They sit in Kiryat Atidim, Tel Aviv. :)

After this tool we arrive at the three sane options. The first option is the performance tool (The blue tool). This tool is named Hans Long and costs something like 40-50 $ after delivery. This tool not recommended For the reason that he presses the wings of the penis on each other instead of folding them in the form of M into the insulation of the cable.

The next option is SN-28B (orange tool). This tool is much better. Costs about $ 40 with free shipping on eBay and MODDIY.COM.

The last and best option is the tool of Nils Pappeka of MDPC (the black tool). This tool costs approximately EUR 60 with delivery. Yes, according to 2 from the other tools. This tool is more accurate than the SN-28B and should actually give the closest result to the original tool. Niles, of MDPC, decided that at the beginning of 2013, he stopped selling these tools. In fact, he has already stopped producing them and in the current inventory inventory will no longer be able to obtain his tool. To give a good value for money, Niels provides a number of samples with self-pressure samples, plus genuine MOLX pins for ATX (male and female, 50 pins of any kind!) And 60 female pins for fans! The tool comes ready to use, no need to make any change in its direction, but simply click.

In the next picture you can see how each tool presses pin to wire. Top-down order: SN-B28, after that MDPC and last HANS LONG:

qEdAI.jpg

You can see that the MDPC tool makes the best click.

Link to content

• 1 month later ...

I was a sailor (and I recommend you) instead of pressing.

It is also physically strong, also superior conductive and also aesthetically but most importantly, saves a lot of money on those pressed ones that are used for the time in ....

200 $

Link to content

You recorded many wrong things, so you have a knife. Soldering can only be done if the penis is already pressed and want to replace with another thread. Only then does a flair and a fight are needed. In any other situation it is a bad and unsuccessful alternative. Not strong, not aesthetic and much more trouble and time than to press with a tool. $ 200 costs the original tool and that's because factories buy it and such a sum is a comma for them. Here you have a tool offered at 40 $ including free shipping and other more expensive tools. By the way, bread does not cost money? Costing is not cheap and also the degree of skill needed to do a good soldering is far beyond what it takes to use the jumper (it took me a minute to understand and the click goes out perfectly every time). Another thing, soldering can interfere with doing Yoni-Slive. The tools are designed for those who want to prepare cables or change existing ones by pressing again. Anyone who already has a set of tools at home is a negligible expense. Once you get into Modding in a comprehensive way, the tool will show a lot of use.

Link to content

• 2 months later ...

Guys, I have amazing news for all those who want to get into things without breaking the bank:

Mike Lenderberger, known as Lutro0 opened a new store where he offers for sale lots of quality and original stuff at funny prices. He made comparisons between a lot of clicks and eventually contacted the company that prepares the press for Niles (with a slight change in the handle and the GIG to 16 instead of 18), but it sells it at half price! You can also find many more things, such as high-quality connectors, original pins, etc. He only offers things he knows are good and not junk.

The truth is that with the opening of the store, his relationship with Niles from MDPC has been somewhat undermined by the competition that has been created since, Mike, as I said, uncompromising and just like Nils, sells only the best things.

He is also aware of the fact that there are a lot of customers from abroad, so the shipping prices are very cheap, for example, for the delivery of the press, you will pay 13-14.In principle, Mike openly declares that he prefers to earn less and give the option to anyone who wants to get cheap. In short, strongly recommended! :)

* In the near future he adds more and more products. He also plans to offer a Sliving similar to Nils'. Although I really like MDPC, there may be an equally good alternative to slipping. Niles unfortunately, it's hard for him with competition (he probably wants to be a monopoly) but there's no choice. Another annoying thing for Niels is that the store is open at very specific times for a very short time so that even if you want to order, it is not the easiest.

PpOITv9.png

http://lutro0-customs.myshopify.com/

Link to content

I could not understand you. : - \

You can try calling an alpha wire dealer in Haifa (Leon Electronics, from which I bought the wires for the project).

I meant if there is a power cord that fits those connectors that comes with the Slave ready from the company in rolls of 20-30 meter?

That way I will not take the cord with a heat gun, and all I need to do is to scratch the silice and insulation, shake my head and put it in the connector.

Know something like that?

Link to content

We have a short media. Work on the wording. Not a bad thing, I simply can not understand you and therefore can not answer your question.

In any case..

Anyone who wants to start off with Sliving is easier to follow the method that works without Shrink. You can do this by buying Shrink 3: 1 from eBay (or wait for Mike's store) and then follow Mike's guide on YouTube or alternatively, someone who has a good bread can, with a solder melt the saling Give the same result more or less).

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside