Discussion: What programming language to learn? - Page 2 - Programming - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Discussion: What programming language to learn?

schnitzel

In the near future I will begin to study computer engineering (software hardware and some electronics)

Which language is best for me to learn?

In the past, at school, I studied C language for matriculation and studied at home independently through books I have at VISUAL BASIC.

I did not learn any programming language anymore.

So what is the language?

For the purpose of making money (salary 5 literature) Which language is best for me to learn?

Is JAVA + HTML the right choice?

Link to content

html is not a programming language and therefore is not relevant here (I doubt that you will deal with it title, perhaps some elective course).

Basically in an institution where you will learn (where, by the way?) Will teach you what you need. If you want a head start then you should find out which programming languages ​​are taught and just learn them yourself. C and Java are indeed the main languages ​​taught, to the best of my knowledge, and therefore are the recommended direction.

Besides, as I have said many times, the fact that you know a programming language is not what makes you a good programmer, and when you know how to program well then you can learn a new language soon. What makes you a good programmer is to program - do all kinds of exercises, small projects, learn about all kinds of technologies and so on.

Link to content

Make a distinction between what you know or learned in the past and what you want to deal with in the future. C is closer to the "iron" and better for real time programming. In addition, C is different from JAVA in many aspects, and the main one is that JAVA is an object oriented language. Anyone who wants to work on a server side (like Android, for example) will want to study mainly Java. Anyone who wants to work in the web will prefer JavaScript (and all the AJAX / JQuery, etc.). Can not testify to C # because I did not get involved in it at all, except that it is a common language in the labor market.

Link to content

• 10 months later ...
  • 5 months later ...

Hey,

I'm interested in learning programming language. I read what you initially registered on JAVA and C # and it has already given me direction.

I would be happy to receive comments from you. So first of all I will mention that I recently completed a degree in economics, but to expand on economics is not so much at the moment.

I arranged a meeting at John Bryce and a branch of the Technion in Tel Aviv to get more information on the subject of my studies.In my distant past as an 15 child, I learned an HTML number and enjoyed doing it.

The degree in economics I learned to program in VB and I also connected and interested in it. So I learned economics right now and I want to change direction completely and start a career in programming.

So first of all if someone has to say something about it, I'd love to hear.

The questions are whether to start from C # or JAVA if I go towards programming on the WEB? Or at all you recommend the direction of Apps?

Have I not yet enrolled in the program to try to program from instructors on the Internet and check if the field really creates interest in me? Or whether it would be a mistake to decide on the basis of self-study.

I would be happy to receive responses that will help me formulate a decision on the subject of studies (I may have made you a bit of a mess because I had a lot to register but I will suffice with the above questions)

Link to content

Stay away from places like John Bryce or any false college that promises you a high-tech career after a course.

Do you want to do a degree in computer science? Without it, it will be very difficult to integrate into the field.

On the other hand, development And web development include a whole world of "low tech". If the webi direction interests you, you'll start learning javascript rather than java

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...
Stay away from places like John Bryce or any false college that promises you a high-tech career after a course.

Do you want to do a degree in computer science? Without it, it will be very difficult to integrate into the field.

On the other hand, development And web development include a whole world of "low tech". If the webi direction interests you, you'll start learning javascript rather than java

It's not true at all today.

I know a number of developers in different societies without even a matriculation certificate, and certainly not a degree including myself.

They are more interested in whether you are better than any document medium.

And the ability to learn self-weight.

Link to content

And how many do you know? And how much do you know with a degree?

I said it was very difficult, not impossible. The difficult problem is to accumulate the first experience - when you are without a degree, it requires you to learn alone + to do projects alone in order to gain experience. Not simple at all.

Link to content

• 3 years later ...
Quote of Gil28

And how many do you know? And how much do you know with a degree?

I said it was very difficult, not impossible. The difficult problem is to accumulate the first experience - when you are without a degree, it requires you to learn alone + to do projects alone in order to gain experience. Not simple at all.

It would be more correct to say that with a degree from a recognized academic institution, it is easier to catch a first job.

In the reality I know (I do not program, but work in front of them, in front of assimilators and in front of various factors) there is not too much problem in getting a job

After professional courses - that you know what you are doing. In any case, a serious place - examines you and examines you.

Edited By coch
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site