Bitcoin - Main and official discussion - Page 120 - Science and Technology - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Bitcoin - the main and official discussion

mulderfox

Quote of SaspndD

A means of conveying value regardless of a centralized system or limitations to each and every means

Sounds great in theory. A bit like cash, just digital. Only one soon realizes that the advantages of that "centralized system" outweigh the disadvantages. In a central banking system you get insurance against many risks: a bank that has been robbed, a bank that collapses, a party to a transaction that takes your money and disappears for nothing, etc. Paper You have a false computer file.

You're trying to describe to me a utopian world where small people are freed from the shackles of the "evil and exploitative system", but what actually happens is that heavy criminals get free access to vast financial resources without any control, without any surveillance and without any pressure levers from society. If at the beginning of the digital currency it was still possible to be a naive idiot, a dreamy idealist, then today everyone already sees where it is converging.

Undoubtedly, it is possible to introduce regulation and supervision into digital currencies as well, but for what is it good? Then you will reach the exact same centralized system again (this is why it was created in the first place).

Link to content

Quote of QttP

In a central banking system you get insurance against many risks

I guess you know the Golda 10,000 shekel bill that was here before.
Here is an example of how people's savings are erased thanks to central systems. (This is only the top 10)
Bitcoin in this case can also be used as a means of preserving value as a global, digital asset, available to anyone, and simple. (And no, you do not have to keep it to yourself, but let the "bank" keep it for you if you are afraid of losing it.)

Edited By SaspndD
Link to content

By your definition either stocks or any investment channel is a Ponzi scam because there was someone who paid and now there is someone who pays more.

And maybe you already decide, Pyramid or Ponzi?

Edited By SaspndD
Link to content

Quote of SaspndD

By your definition either stocks or any investment channel is a Ponzi scam because there was someone who paid and now there is someone who pays more.

And maybe you already decide, Pyramid or Ponzi?

Without even getting into the issue of due diligence behind Bictoin it is worth distinguishing between buying a currency and investing in securities or real estate
For example, growth percentages between the value of gold and the Nasdaq: https://www.macrotrends.net/2608/gold-price-vs-stock-market-100-year-chart
All those entities that buy hundreds of millions of dollars worth of coins are bought to spread risk and hedge capital and not to knock a blow.
We small investors need to answer the question "Should I buy Bitcoin?" And to answer this one needs to understand for the purpose of what one is buying and what kind of person is investing.
For a solid investor looking for financial well-being after X years of work the answer in my opinion is no. For those who are looking for thrills and like to gamble a bit will enjoy.

Link to content

Quote of lompy

Having a hard time figuring out what the enthusiasm is, crypto costs just like anything else.

The market is in one huge bubble in whatever field you choose because interest rates have been nil since the 2008 crisis and people are looking for where to invest.

The corona has destroyed every good part of the world and has suffered a fatal blow to economies around the world but the stock market that has fallen by 50% has more than doubled since then and is tens of percent above what it was before the corona.

And if institutions are entering the field then it's the worst, it's those institutions that have invested in subprime and brought on us a crisis that has never really recovered from to this day. Their entry only helps inflate this bubble.

Do you know what's the matter with a bubble? That it's exploding. The crisis in 2008 did burst the banks' prime lending bubble, but pushed many in the direction of alternative investment. And remind you, Only invented in 2010. This is not a bubble. It's a growing currency. Started from scratch, and indeed is not as stable as any infant. But from here to the "bubble"? Not really. Many better than you also eulogized him. They stayed by the side of the road.

Link to content

Quote of ClassMulder

Do you know what's the matter with a bubble? That it's exploding. The crisis in 2008 did burst the banks' prime lending bubble, but pushed many in the direction of alternative investment. And remind you, Bitcoin Only invented in 2010. This is not a bubble. It's a growing currency. Started from scratch, and indeed is not as stable as any infant. But from here to the "bubble"? Not really. Many better than you also eulogized him. They stayed by the side of the road.

How do you know when something is a "bubble"? You need to compare the price at which the product is traded in relation to the true value of the assets it represents. Not that I say it's easy to do, but in theory it's what needs to be done.

In this respect, the "true" value of Bitcoin today is the value of the black economy in the underworld, because as has already been said, no one else uses this currency except for speculative investment purposes.

I do not know how to calculate the total value of the black economy, but I doubt it has risen 5 times more realistically in the last year, nor have I seen any significant change in the use of bitcoin for legitimate purposes during this period.

Link to content

Quote of Milford Cubicle

The troll has been blocked from posting spam content that encourages joining a pyramid scheme.

Your site and your winner do as you please but there is no shortage of people who believe in currency as a valuable object and in my opinion there is no reason to block someone just because that is his opinion.
The value of a currency has always stemmed from the belief of people in it.

• I liked! 1
Link to content

Quote of exeaction

Your site and your winner do as you please but there is no shortage of people who believe in currency as a valuable object and in my opinion there is no reason to block someone just because that is his opinion.
The value of a currency has always stemmed from the belief of people in it.

Public trust, not individuals. And in my opinion the fact that this is the only discussion he has participated in with consistently solely messages about the price of bitcoin is quite indicative that he is a troll.

Link to content

This discussion is locked for new replies.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site