Worries about future academic studies - Study and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Concerns about academic studies in the future

Rami123

Lately worries have arisen about future university studies.

At the moment, I am going up to the 4 math unit, and the English language unit 5. In my opinion, the average of my matriculation exams will be more or less 101, and in the psychometric I'm still far from knowing how much I will get.

I'm not going to go to the Technion, but my goal is to be accepted into a good university, like Tel Aviv University or Ben-Gurion University, to the Computer Science Department or to Software Engineering

What do you think will be my chances of admission to these universities? Given that I expect an above average psychometric score, but not 700 or higher.

Link to content

First of all, what is the problem with checking the calculators of the universities?

Second, the average computer matriculation exams per university separately and not according to the bonus you think you are going to get

I am with a dry average of 82. I do not really get a degree in computer science at any of the universities (except for Ben-Gurion) unless I take out a completely insane Psychometric score (750 or higher)

As far as I have noticed, very high scores affect the psycho score required so there is no need to worry, chances are that the psychometric exam you need is definitely in the reasonable range

Link to content

I'm not going to go to the Technion, but my goal is to be accepted into a good university, like Tel Aviv University or Ben-Gurion University, to the Computer Science Department or to Software Engineering

Why do you think the Technion's admission conditions are higher than elsewhere?

From what I know, admission requirements at Tel Aviv University are higher than those of the Technion because of higher demand.

Link to content

First, go to the universities' sites and check the admission sections. The information is accessible to everyone. DA, the admission requirements to the Technion are not as high as you think, especially now that they are giving bonus bonus bonuses to 5 units in physics and mathematics.

If you want numbers, I was accepted to Computer Science at Tel Aviv University with an average of 106 and 680. With the same grades, I could have accepted to the Technion, but I gave up logistical reasons. So you can say that with psycho in the 700 area, and maybe if you improve some of the matriculation grades you will not have a problem. (I recommend switching to 5 math units, because the bonus is higher, and in ATA you get at least a bonus of 10 points to indicate the match with you have 5 math and physics calculus).

By the way, I highly recommend improving your score now while you are still in school. I know a number of people who have rejected the improvement of matriculation exams after the army, which is quite stupid. I can assure you that the last thing you want to do after the army is to spend time learning and improving your matriculation exams. The best time to do this is now, when all the stuff is fresh, and your brain is in school. Successfully!

Link to content

There is a new trend of preparatory studies in place of psycho / matriculation exams (I know there is a preparatory program at the IAA and the Technion) - from what I understood is a kind of completion of what you lack in mathematics (five units, I do not know for sure) - You can also check it out.

Link to content

You will try to jump from 4 to 5 math units, and the learning institutions will die for students of 5 Physics and Mathematics. It's a bit late, but I guess with enough motivation you'll be able to fill in. By the way, in my experience, the material in 5 math units is not in the sky at all.

Link to content

Sorry to be a happy breaker, but also with 680-690 and 700 psychometric exams - you have no chance of being accepted to Tel Aviv University of Computer Science. The average maturity is too low.

What's more, I can strongly recommend you to do what I'm doing right now (I'm with 5 Matmets, but it's the same thing) - you'll invest in the quantitative portion of the psychometric exams for Ben-Gurion University as long as you get over 600, it really does not matter to them Only in the quantitative part. For that matter, 601 with quantitative 150 better than 790 with quantitative 140, only in Ben Gouries of course. Get into their calculator and see for yourself.

Link to content

First of all, you'll do math, if it's hard for you, there's a bigger problem than being accepted into the Bible. The bonus you receive and the abilities you develop will help you get accepted and also score higher in the psychometric exam. In my opinion you must at least 5, but there are calculators for it.

Anyway - a little too early to worry about. You can always improve your matriculation or psychometric exams, and after 3 years And who knows what you want to do and where ....

Link to content

The conditions for acceptance to the Technion are not that high (still high, but there are higher). The number of people who want to study there is not very high.

I agree with the statement of kdani. If you want to study a degree in exact sciences or in future engineering, you need to challenge yourself in math 5 units.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site