M.Sc. Practical Engineer Certificate = Waste of Time? - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

13-14 Practical Engineer Certificate = Waste of Time?

Re_Boot

I do not agree that this is a waste of time at all, I am a mechanical engineer and my studies I did about 4 years after the discharge from the army. If you ask me it's a waste of time especially that the profession is machines.

I look at young men who come right after me With an electronics engineering diploma to the company where I work "Elbit Systems" and all the options are open to them, they are young and can still decide and maneuver between jobs or go to complete engineering studies.

In short they are released to the world with tools they have achieved in two difficult years, while another practical engineer Sometimes you have to do the same as pre-practical engineering and other 3 years of evening studies (waste of time).

Moreover, the tests for post-army engineer diplomas are more difficult, and they are of Mahat compared to the Yag-Yad exams that I understand are carried out by the Ministry of Education (not closed on this).

In general, you can gain experience in the army and get ready for civilian life from all directions.

Link to content

The "experience" in the army is relatively negligible, depending on the job.

The tests of Mahat in engineering.

It's better to spend time with a normal title, everyone I personally know who did a practical engineer went to study later from the start BA. There are no "discounts" and nothing (and if it is negligible)

So I personally suggest you go to the army, spend 3 years in such and such positions. After the army you will decide on direction and learn properly. These shortcuts are just. "Sell" you a dream.

Link to content

I do not agree that this is a waste of time at all, I am a mechanical engineer and my studies I did about 4 years after the discharge from the army. If you ask me it's a waste of time especially that the profession is machines. I look at young men who come right after me With an electronics engineering diploma to the company where I work "Elbit Systems" and all the options are open to them, they are young and can still decide and maneuver between jobs or go to complete engineering studies. In short they are released to the world with tools they have achieved in two difficult years, while another practical engineer Sometimes you have to do the same as pre-practical engineering and other 3 years of evening studies (waste of time). Moreover, the tests for post-army engineer diplomas are more difficult, and they are of Mahat compared to the Yag-Yad exams that I understand are carried out by the Ministry of Education (not closed on this). In general, you can gain experience in the army and get ready for civilian life from all directions.

Okay so ask me to you-

When you want to do a degree, will not it bother you that he wasted a few years just like that?

After all, you can do a degree and not get involved in these years of engineering diploma.

Link to content

I'm a different story, I left my parents' house at the age of 23. I could not live and keep an apartment when I was studying morning, and I did not really have the financial backing to finance my studies (what to do).

That's why I studied evening and wasted my time (-:

Link to content

If you see yourself doing a bachelor's degree then you go straight to undergraduate, if that's all you'll learn then that's a starting point. If you did not succeed in getting a bachelor's degree, practical engineers can also help.

By the way, I did a practical engineer and straight after I moved to a bachelor's degree. In places like the Technion, it will not give you anything. In colleges, it can lower your credit points (in some places even quite a lot). HIT has an abbreviated track for practical engineers who want to complete. It's something like two or two and a half years, but either they cram it in a terrible way or the track simply requires free study (including a summer indicator).

In any case, if you are thinking of doing a bachelor's degree, skip the practical engineers only if you have not managed to get a bachelor's degree and you do not have the strength to prepare you for practical engineers and from there to HIT or something like that.

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...
HIT has an abbreviated track for practical engineers who want to complete. It's something like two or two and a half years, but either they cram it in a terrible way or the track simply requires free study (including a summer indicator).

Very inaccurate, in HIT you can get exemptions from some of the courses if you received a course that gives an exemption from an engineer over 85.

If you receive all the exemptions you will have 20 credits in hand. Practically if you do not cram yourself into courses, this will not shorten your studies but will only reduce the load.

Of course, if you have an exemption from some basic course and you do not really know the material that you have learned in the course very well, you are going to eat straw in courses based on the same course.

Link to content

Maybe it was somewhere else, or was and stopped with it because the results were not something ...

In any case, it seems that in Tel Aviv, too, certain courses are exempted. It seems that only the Technion does not take this into consideration. Tel Aviv Very nice, 28 Exemption points: introduction to electrical engineering, analog electronic circuits, digital electronic circuits, digital logic systems, 1-3 laboratory and the WTF project?

The college I study in has generally gone far, and 34 is exempt. I managed to shorten it by half a year. I believe that with the flexibility in Tel Aviv (we have a fixed hour for everything and there is no such choice), it is possible to shorten it. It all asked how much they wanted to cram and if they were willing to study in the summer and register for courses with overlapping times.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site