Differences between electrical engineering / computer engineering / and software at the Technion? - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Differences between electrical engineering / computer engineering / and software at the Technion?

Ghtm

Hey,

I'm after me And before studying and became interested in my possibilities. I looked at possible routes at the Technion (close and reasonable to me for all sorts of reasons but there is no unlocked), and first priority will probably be electrical engineering. I saw that there is also a degree in computer engineering that is integrated into the electrical / computer science faculties. Besides, I also saw that there is another track called "Computer and Software Engineering" in the electrical faculty, in addition to the computer engineering I have already mentioned.

I wanted to ask the difference between the two (computer / computer engineering and software), and generally among the three degrees - advantages / disadvantages, possible fields of occupation. I do see myself as a hardware engineer, so the field of computer engineering actually seems cool to me, but I am also concerned about the possibility that in a title like this, which combines both electricity and electricity, you do not learn enough from the two subjects instead of focusing properly on one topic. I read a recommended recommendation to focus on electricity and complete the side of the software as independent as needed. I would be happy to hear more opinions.

Thanks,

ravine

Link to content

Computer and Software Engineering Faculty of Electrical Engineering only.

Computer engineering is a combined degree that includes courses of 2 faculties (Computer Science and Electricity)

As far as courses are concerned, there is a slight difference between them. But as Shmini said, they are very similar both in the general content of the degree and in the employment possibilities after it.

These degrees teach content from the world of software and the world of hardware (electrical engineering), and therefore prepare students to work in the field of software and also work in the field of hardware - such as programming circuits or any other programmable electronic components.

Software engineering in the Faculty of Computer Science is a degree in software with a full focus on software and therefore different from previous degrees.

He prepares the student to work in the software field without giving him a heavy theoretical background in electrical engineering except for 2 courses (digital systems and logical design)

Most electrical engineers do not take a lot of programming courses (and those I know from the Technion, they also hate the little they owe) and therefore do not get enough to work. In the software. But it is something that can always be completed during school or later.

Additional Comments

1. The boundaries are not as clear as I presented them in many cases because there is great freedom in choosing courses in each track so you can study one degree and focus on many things that are not necessarily related to this title, and prepare you to work in a different field.

2. There are quite a few courses with a very similar content and content that are taught with different focus from each faculty. For example, a course in computer networks is taught from the side of electricity, focusing on the electrical nature of the computer (Encoding, physical layer, CRC, etc.) and on the side of computer science with a focus on the algorithmic nature (Aloha, additional line protocols, etc.)

Link to content

Well, I'll correct some of the things I've presented. The tracks are very similar as I said with differences in the number of courses with similar material with a slightly different focus.

One of them is actually of electricity and the other is an integrated track.

Computer and Software Engineering - a degree for the Faculty of Electrical Engineering only. The basis for studying is a degree in electrical engineering, but in addition you have several chains for elective courses with material similar to computer science (but not at the CS level probably).

Computer Engineering - Combined degree of Electrical and Computer Science (2) The faculties are signed on the student's diploma certificate, which includes courses from 2 faculties and gives you the ability to focus on a more serious level in programming or theory of computer science.

In general, you learn both electrical and electrical materials from the computer sciences, but at a higher level than 2 faculties.

Link to content

I did not understand your question

In electrical engineering, students study electrical engineering (look at the syllabus) and, as part of this, have been able to study quite a few programming courses offered by the Faculty of Electrical Engineering.

If you have a good background on this issue, you probably can work in programming

Just as every child with a few years' experience can submit a resume and work in high-tech, only the description of electricity looks better on paper.

The degree in Computer Science teaches computers (a little practical and mainly theory), and there are a few courses in electrical subjects.

It's hard for me to see anyone working as an electrical engineer on this very little theoretical basis.

Before you jump to choose your course of study, try to decide what you are interested in doing in the coming years.

Keep in mind that the first semester is almost identical, so you can do it and then switch to a faculty if you decide to change an opinion.

Link to content

not exactly. It allows you to study most of the major courses and courses of both degrees but you will be required to choose specialties.

Keep in mind that in order to accommodate a full base from the two faculties you will sometimes have to choose courses that are not compulsory in the course

For example, the course in the fields of electrical engineer is not required in computer engineering, but yes in any degree in electricity.

The disadvantage is that it is considered to be one of the most difficult courses to have in the title with electricity so you are not sure you will want to do this to yourself.

Link to content

You will begin to study computer engineering. After the first year you will formulate an opinion of why you connect more.

I started this way and soon discovered that electricity and physics do not interest me in sailing (beyond interesting things that I read on the Internet)

Programming and development are of great interest to me. At the end of the year I moved to the computer science track.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site