Professional course in computer, networking and cyber? QA? where? It is important! - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Professional course in computer, networking and cyber? QA? where? It is important!

Hello!

In the framework of being recognized as a disabled person in the National Insurance Institute, I am entitled to participation and even full funding of professional courses.

As one who likes and cares about computers, the IT field jumps out (that is, PC--Siber) or QA.

I really like to deal with the software environment, its use, formatting, installation, etc.

On the other hand, in my previous job I worked in the field of compliance that mentions the QA.

But it was small ... in an HTML environment.

I find IT more appealing to me because an IT person needs every organization and every situation (as opposed to a QA person who is more likely to be fired in a difficult time).

What's more I like the touch with working with people.

In any case, I would be happy to hear opinions about the educational institutions (Tel Aviv and the surrounding area).

Recommendations and positive points (as well as negatives).

many thanks!

PS I'm less prepared to study alone from home ... What's more, the certificate is important to me.

Link to content

Ellen Yevgeny.

thank you for your quick response.

I'm about 34.

Think it (computer technician-- QA / QA) It suits me because I really like to deal with computers, I can sit for hours on end.

In my last job I worked on COMPLIANCE for two and a half years and I certainly liked it.

I am very connected to the entire technological field.

On the other hand, I am also afraid that the market may be flooded with graduates of courses ... and maybe it will be a little difficult to find a job.

Although I (perhaps unlike others) can settle for a low wage, even a minimum, because I have a disability pension.

Thanks!

Link to content

The fact that you have now received funding for courses of this kind or other and no matter what reason does not mean you have to do them.

If you are an 34 son then what have you done up to now with all your love and bounds?

"Sit for hours in front of a computer" is a description of more than half of the trades today.

You can not see a professional position as something that is more or less expendable. If you think so, your manager will think that way, too.

You also wrote that you worked in compliance. It's a very general word. To what's your concern?

Link to content

I just really like the field and get feedbacks that's what I need to do.

I am an 34 son and due to a serious injury to the army (and complicated surgery followed) I underwent years of rehabilitation and spread over many years.

Not to mention that I simply can not (the damage is reflected in a memory deficit) to study for a degree due to the rapid pace of learning.

Experience shows that instead of giving me the right environment, the time I need, I manage to learn everything (at least in computing).

I have been concerned with software COMPLIANCE: regular installation scripts and testing that do not contain anything that is prohibited by the company's contract.

And of course - check the pixel.

Link to content

I do not want to disappoint you, but for work in the field there are specific demands and trends.

One of the things that has always been true is at what age you begin to accumulate your professional experience. Getting to a junior position in the field at 34 is very problematic.

You do not need to have an academic degree in order to work in the field, and the authority is just certificates for executing projects on hardware / software / service providers, and nothing more.

With all the regret, it does not interest anyone in the workplace that you are crippled by the Israel Defense Forces and have spent many difficult years of healing treatments, which is what the state compensates for.

From my experience in my previous job (project company) - the positions you describe are very suitable for government agencies / banks / insurance companies. If you manage to find yourself coming to work there, then you have only good.

Link to content

Hi multicore,

First of all, it will be very helpful if you can specify the specific requirements and trends required in this labor market.

With all the conditions and pleasant work environment that exists in the technological companies, I prefer to work (like advisory) in government agencies / banks / insurance companies.

There also has a lot more understanding, acceptance for people with a background like mine.

I have connections ... I just think that at least in government bodies - every small role in the tender (if I am not mistaken).

But it's good that you said so.

Incidentally, I assume that if the technological market is already in place, then it would be better to work for the large companies (Intel, Amdocs, , Elbit, SAP, the cellular companies ...).

Larger companies have more options to give time. Whether it's at the time of adjustment or when somebody is pinning you on.

Thanks!

Link to content

Duck in the large technology companies (most of whose revenues come from projects) Time is not such a big resource at all.

At the bank (as an example) it is indeed possible to carry out a team task for more than a month, thanks to the heavy bureaucracy behind every step. A lot of people see this in a very negative way that basically "do not let you work". The opposite is the case with Starp-Up companies and there are the middle-sized companies that have existed for several years in an organized police force.

You ask what are the requirements? This is a question that has more than one answer and will depend on many factors.

In order to be hired by the desk, you need to know how to "fix computers" and provide good service to employees.

In order to start a junior QA job you need to know the testing methods and be a person with a very set mind set of testing man.

In order to be a "network administrator" you have to do a few minor positions of technicians and support and gain the knowledge and experience.

To be an integrator you have to be a "network administrator" long enough and touch development.

For being a DBA you need to know a lot about data structures and algorithms.

To be DevOps you have to know everything from everything and think completely out of the box.

and so'....

There are no shortcuts here and the need to remember things in the long run actually plays a very important role.

In government companies / insurance / banks, those who receive this ratio are workers who are or in a combo there (do not forget what power a workers' committee has in such a place) or veteran employees.

This "disease" also exists in local authorities and hospitals. A cage of gold, as they say.

Link to content

Hey,

Your answers are very important!

I conclude from this - that I have to put the center of gravity (especially on the "connections" that there is a situation) on:

- Banks.

- Insurance companies.

- Government companies (only where all this is in tenders ...).

- Local authorities (also, usually only in tenders).

- hospitals.

Companies mediocrity.

Bureaucratic bodies - that's the direction I need.

I am not looking for respect, management positions, etc. ... I am looking for a long-term job that will provide me with a professional (and social) perspective.

I'm not in a position to filter out a salary.

I tend to assume that as soon as I have the background in networking (from the course) I am more likely to be accepted through connections.

Today, when there is nothing - even connections can not help.

Link to content

multicore (and anyone who feels he can contribute ...)

What do you recommend doing?

On the one hand: I want to be professional - I even have to.

I have to have a profession.

Today I was a half-class at Ramat Gan College.

The lecturer sounded fantastic.

But I just can not remember the amount of information he "throws into the air."

If it was at a custom pace it would surely have been another world.

Therefore, this leads me back to the course "1 ON ONE".

At the Ramat Gan College they warned me that someone who must be teaching at a training center for the handicapped is certainly not at a professional level like someone who lectures at colleges and schools.

The "1 on 1" is passed by And certified networks.

How do you hear about a course shift? And Networks in the "1 on 1" course -> Scrubbing in the field -> and only then pass only an information security course?

Again, thank you most!

Link to content

• 4 weeks later ...

I also raise the possibility of self-study.

If you like to learn at your own pace and control the tap of information that falls on you, there are lots of books on the web of all major Cisco / Microsoft courses and so on.

Also, you can record / photocopy the lecturer (with his consent) and watch the lecture again at home. There is this possibility in many universities, there is no reason why you should not learn like that.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside