Undecided About Computer Science - Page 2 - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A debate about computer science

tamir70s

The first salary is not interesting.

What is more important is to obtain a position as a graduate in development (rather than QA, for example, the requirements are lower).

Hadassah College also stated that:

A. A friend studied there and raised a pretty good name (not comparing to Hebrew but not as much as in other places)

B. In Jerusalem she is well known and appreciates her graduates.

Link to content

Why does not the first salary matter? Surely if you start a normal workplace you will be there at least 3 years because it's a first place to work and you should also learn the subjects and show seriousness to the following companies. Even if there are salary updates they always depend on the base salary, so that person, if he was studying instead of more considered or less the difference, as I saw, is 3000 ₪. Double three years is 3000 * 36 = 108000. Note that I am talking about the same person so that if he is good he would have increased wages in both cases and if not then it is also in both cases. I agree with you that after the first place of work the difference is negligible until none exists.

Link to content

The first salary is not interesting.

What is more important is to obtain a position as a graduate in development (rather than QA, for example, the requirements are lower).

QA and development of these different professions. Unfortunately most people do not understand this and think QA is simply a profession for "wannabe developers" who just did not get a better job.
Hadassah College also stated that:

A. A friend studied there and raised a pretty good name (not comparing to Hebrew but not as much as in other places)

B. In Jerusalem she is well known and appreciates her graduates.

This is a somewhat problematic approach.

Beyond that member - do you have at least one member who studied at each of the other colleges in Israel, in order to say that the level in them is yes, in comparison?

In Jerusalem it is recognized and appreciated. Does that mean something about other areas? I can tell you that in Haifa, for example, you appreciate ORT Braude College and its graduates, and I personally know some good graduates from there. As well as from Tel Hai College, Netanya. How do you compare colleges in this case?

Link to content

Many companies filter their candidates by institution, even before the resume (Intel, for example).
However, there are quite a few college graduates at Intel. Most of them enter as students during the course of studies, and then easier to be absorbed because they already know you.
Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime