Advice before starting a computer science degree. - Study and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consulting before starting a degree in Computer Science.

slivinn

Good Morning,

I start my undergraduate studies at the Open University of Computer Science. The choice at the Open University is because I am still in the Army (for those who ask why you are)

I started on one discrete math course and my problem that I haven't touched on math since high school, I did 4 units and the truth that I didn't show up in about XNUMXth grade. That is my math base on the face.

I would love to recommend math books that teach the basics, rules of algebra and geometry or whatever you think is right. I ask that they be treated as if I know only simple mathematical activities and not beyond. I would love to repeat what I know and learn what I don't.

I have no limit on how many books to buy, recommend everything, if I need 10 books to complete the gap I will buy and learn ... There is nothing to pay for my high school stupidity.

I would be happy if you could add a recommendation for books based on electricity.

many thanks!

Link to content

First of all on Facebook "Computer Science at the Open University" is the name of the group on Facebook. - This is the right place to ask this kind of thing.

Immediately contact the center of the course to explain that you have made a mistake and without doing so

"Mathematics Bunny" You don't have much of a chance of going through loneliness.

Try to postpone the course for the next semester and do this semester. - Successfully it will require a lot of begging.

Link to content

Thank you very much for everyone's comments,

Maybe I was a little exaggerated when presenting the case, but in any case on this course as a first course I was recommended by an academic advisor who explained the situation to him.

He's the one who advised me to start with discrete and I'll work out if I do a little homework and get back on the same basics.

Topic: Some math teachers have recommended that I find Benny Goren's algebra parts A, B, C as a source of knowledge for whatever basis I need.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site