How do I learn in the army at the moment? - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

How do I learn in the army at the moment?

Shmuel Cohen

Hey guys.

I wanted to consult with those who understand something here about me

I am currently a soldier in regular service and I am left in the twilight of the year and a half for service.

In short, I know that my direction in life is computers and I will probably continue to engineer software after the army. (Or information security)

So in the meantime, I wanted to do courses during the army, which are compulsory courses in every subject that requires mathematical thinking.

Let's say statistics, probability, etc.

And so I'll finish I will begin my degree with points and I will not waste my time in the courses I did on time .

In short I wanted to ask you how I do it?

I can just do courses at an open university and then I finish Go to Tel Aviv University or Tel Aviv Academic College and continue your degree there?

(As a matter of fact, I tried to call and talk to the university but it sounds like each of them just wants me to do the title with her so they kind of build me up and say it's problematic and should not do this)

Link to content

You can start studying at the beginning and there are ways to go to different universities.

Usually the requirements are that you will do most of the first year courses of the degree and that your average will be higher than 80 or 85 (not trivial at all).

If you meet the conditions of the transfer channel, this will usually bring you to a second year at the university of that degree.

So what should you do? very simple.

Close yourself where you prefer to learn after me And what degree, read on the website of the institution or inquire by telephone if there is a transit channel and what the conditions.

If it is right for you, you will start taking courses at the beginning and try to finish the relevant courses with high grades until you are free.

Other points for thinking: First year is the hardest year in these degrees because you are in the market and the courses are not easy math (and engineering physics) courses.

From experience I can tell you that no matter what your role in the army and how much you think you have time to do courses, it is very difficult and frustrating and requires a lot of will power because you will not have a life.

I would recommend one of 2 options:

1. Give up, enjoy your service, finish it and devote to FULL TIME because even at FULL TIME it's not easy.

2. If you insist on studying during the army, I would not recommend a transit route. The transition conditions from the channel to most are high and not trivial for first year courses.

If you are already, try registering directly with your preferred institution. Assuming there is no fixed curriculum and you can play with the courses you choose as you wish, you can choose which course or 2 is currently in the first year and start learning.

When you are finished, you can simply continue your studies at your preferred institution.

In any case it will be successful in what you do not choose.

Link to content

The universities are insulting you because they do not (as far as I know) have a known procedure for these things.

If you come to a university with courses you've already done elsewhere, you apply (only after you've been accepted, maybe even after you've paid) to be introduced to your classmates.

You sit down a committee and according to your grade and the syllabus of the course you have decided whether to give you exemption In this profession. (From what I know, it's only exempt and you're never considered a grade I received elsewhere)

But, and this is a great mourning, you have no way of ensuring that the committee approves the exemption. I personally know cases that did not recognize students in Be'er Sheva who passed through the Technion, personally know the opposite,

On the other hand, I also know a company that introduced them to open courses.

And for a more concrete example of your subject - I know someone who was in your position (even already working at a software company) and there were several courses he had already done with good grades.

He began to study computer science at the university, and some of them introduced him to exemption and some did not. Why? hat.

In short, you will make your thinkers ... In any case, just so you know that it probably will not shorten your degree, but only the load and probably only in the first year ...

Edit: Or as they wrote over the channel of transition that is a program that guarantees you in advance all these risks ...

Link to content

You can start studying at the beginning and there are ways to go to different universities.

Usually the requirements are that you will do most of the first year courses of the degree and that your average will be higher than 80 or 85 (not trivial at all).

If you meet the conditions of the transfer channel, this will usually bring you to a second year at the university of that degree.

So what should you do? very simple.

Close yourself where you prefer to learn after me And what degree, read on the website of the institution or inquire by telephone if there is a transit channel and what the conditions.

If it is right for you, you will start taking courses at the beginning and try to finish the relevant courses with high grades until you are free.

Other points for thinking: First year is the hardest year in these degrees because you are in the market and the courses are not easy math (and engineering physics) courses.

From experience I can tell you that no matter what your role in the army and how much you think you have time to do courses, it is very difficult and frustrating and requires a lot of will power because you will not have a life.

I would recommend one of 2 options:

1. Give up, enjoy your service, finish it and devote to FULL TIME because even at FULL TIME it's not easy.

2. If you insist on studying during the army, I would not recommend a transit route. The transition conditions from the channel to most are high and not trivial for first year courses.

If you are already, try registering directly with your preferred institution. Assuming there is no fixed curriculum and you can play with the courses you choose as you wish, you can choose which course or 2 is currently in the first year and start learning.

When you are finished, you can simply continue your studies at your preferred institution.

In any case it will be successful in what you do not choose.

The universities are insulting you because they do not (as far as I know) have a known procedure for these things.

If you come to a university with courses you've already done elsewhere, you apply (only after you've been accepted, maybe even after you've paid) to be introduced to your classmates.

You sit down a committee and according to your grade and the syllabus of the course you have decided whether to give you exemption In this profession. (From what I know, it's only exempt and you're never considered a grade I received elsewhere)

But, and this is a great mourning, you have no way of ensuring that the committee approves the exemption. I personally know cases that did not recognize students in Be'er Sheva who passed through the Technion, personally know the opposite,

On the other hand, I also know a company that introduced them to open courses.

And for a more concrete example of your subject - I know someone who was in your position (even already working at a software company) and there were several courses he had already done with good grades.

He began to study computer science at the university, and some of them introduced him to exemption and some did not. Why? hat.

In short, you will make your thinkers ... In any case, just so you know that it probably will not shorten your degree, but only the load and probably only in the first year ...

Edit: Or as they wrote over the channel of transition that is a program that guarantees you in advance all these risks ...

Thank you for the detailed answers.

The truth is that my cousin, who spent a year in software engineering, told me that I should do the courses after me Because they need a lot of free time and head just to them without things around ..

But the problem that I fell between the cracks in the military role and I am now in the role is really a disgrace and I prefer as if at least at this time to prepare myself after the army ..

Maybe there's something else I can do to help me? I thought I would complete 5 to mathematics units but I have a score of 95 in 4 units so I do not know if it's worthwhile at all.

The second idea is to start a psychometric test.

The third idea is to complete a matriculation in physics (both because it interests me and because it is another bonus)

The question of which of the ideas will best promote me and make it easier for me.

What do you say worthwhile?

Link to content

First you will close an institution and a degree you want to study.

Check out the requirements for admission to the degree next year (available to the rabbi via the website)

If you are going through them right now with the matriculation exams you have at the moment, then do not do any of these things because it is a total waste of time. You can try to start learning linear algebra and find out for yourself if you're really bored.

If you do not pass the requirements then you need to improve your matriculation / psychometric exam. Begin improving matriculation exams and this is a waste of time and so try to do / improve psychometric.

Check the minimum score in the psychometric exam with which you get your degree next year and your ambition is to pass it (maybe even worth passing it by a considerable margin because there is always a chance that when you start studying for another two years,

Getting a high score in a psychometric exam is something that requires quite a lot of investment so I'm sure you will not be so bored during the army.

Successfully

Link to content

First you will close an institution and a degree you want to study.

Check out the requirements for admission to the degree next year (available to the rabbi via the website)

If you are going through them right now with the matriculation exams you have at the moment, then do not do any of these things because it is a total waste of time. You can try to start learning linear algebra and find out for yourself if you're really bored.

If you do not pass the requirements then you need to improve your matriculation / psychometric exam. Begin improving matriculation exams and this is a waste of time and so try to do / improve psychometric.

Check the minimum score in the psychometric exam with which you get your degree next year and your ambition is to pass it (maybe even worth passing it by a considerable margin because there is always a chance that when you start studying for another two years,

Getting a high score in a psychometric exam is something that requires quite a lot of investment so I'm sure you will not be so bored during the army.

Successfully

Which universities will we consider to be in charge of software engineering and computer science? (Even data security is also on the horizon)

Link to content

As for information security, I do not know an institution university Who teaches it as a title.

Maybe courses during the degree and maybe focus on it at the second degree but I do not know a degree called information security.

Which universities are considered good in the field of software, so all of them except Haifa University and Ariel that I do not even know what goes on there (or why the second one is called a university) but the level is sure lower.

Then you can choose: Hebrew (Jerusalem), Technion (Haifa), Ben Gurion (Be'er Sheva) or Tel Aviv.

All of these are evaluated by every factor you can think of and any student who studied in one of them with an 85 + average will have all doors open to him (jobs, advanced degrees)

My opinion from my experience and that of my friends:

* At the Technion you will have compulsory courses that will open your ass for an unjustified reason and will lower your average.

* If you are a home and family child, you will study at an institution near your home.

* If you want to experience independent life away from home and from the family choose a WC (assuming you do not live there).

* WC has the best student atmosphere with no competition (cheap rent, student neighborhoods, apartment parties)

* I study in Hebrew, there is no special reason to study there, the level of mathematics is high (if that interests you), the computer science courses are pretty interesting (there will probably be people who disagree).

What would I do if I had to choose again? I would definitely choose a BS, a good level of study and an amazing atmosphere that is nowhere else.

Pitfalls in WC: red color, heat, sandstorms (do not hang clothes outside to dry :)

Link to content

As for information security, I do not know an institution university Who teaches it as a title.

Maybe courses during the degree and maybe focus on it at the second degree but I do not know a degree called information security.

Which universities are considered good in the field of software, so all of them except Haifa University and Ariel that I do not even know what goes on there (or why the second one is called a university) but the level is sure lower.

Then you can choose: Hebrew (Jerusalem), Technion (Haifa), Ben Gurion (Be'er Sheva) or Tel Aviv.

All of these are evaluated by every factor you can think of and any student who studied in one of them with an 85 + average will have all doors open to him (jobs, advanced degrees)

My opinion from my experience and that of my friends:

* At the Technion you will have compulsory courses that will open your ass for an unjustified reason and will lower your average.

* If you are a home and family child, you will study at an institution near your home.

* If you want to experience independent life away from home and from the family choose a WC (assuming you do not live there).

* WC has the best student atmosphere with no competition (cheap rent, student neighborhoods, apartment parties)

* I study in Hebrew, there is no special reason to study there, the level of mathematics is high (if that interests you), the computer science courses are pretty interesting (there will probably be people who disagree).

What would I do if I had to choose again? I would definitely choose a BS, a good level of study and an amazing atmosphere that is nowhere else.

Pitfalls in WC: red color, heat, sandstorms (do not hang clothes outside to dry :)

Umm I live in Tel Aviv and I prefer the house and the family (I have no problem a day or two a week to sleep outside the house but at least now I prefer home)

If you know the terms of admission at Tel Aviv University. Software Engineering? (I did not understand so much from Google what a score match and all that ..)

I finished school 10 units of computers with a score of about 97. Math 4 units are also around 95. The average dating of total came out 103-104

How much will I have to spend to study software engineering (and generally worth investing in 5 units in math or physics units? That math or physics course costs about NIS 1,000 5 and I'm a soldier so I'm pretty short in money)

Link to content

Physics You can learn from the lectures of Mario Livio, I studied physics from his lectures. Even if you do not have to complete a matriculation exam in physics, you should go over the lectures.

Mathematics has a lot of small lectures by the Technion that will complete all the material you did not learn in the 5 units and a little bit more, it has not yet been released to youtube but promised it will happen soon. Excellent lectures by Aviv Censor, The Legendary Man.

These are the calculators of Tel Aviv:

http://www.ims.tau.ac.il/md/ut/Sikuim.aspx

http://www.ims.tau.ac.il/md/ut/Tziunim.aspx

And this calculator to their average maturity:

http://go.tau.ac.il/calc3

Link to content

Physics You can learn from the lectures of Mario Livio, I studied physics from his lectures. Even if you do not have to complete a matriculation exam in physics, you should go over the lectures.

Mathematics has a lot of small lectures by the Technion that will complete all the material you did not learn in the 5 units and a little bit more, it has not yet been released to youtube but promised it will happen soon. Excellent lectures by Aviv Censor, The Legendary Man.

These are the calculators of Tel Aviv:

http://www.ims.tau.ac.il/md/ut/Sikuim.aspx

http://www.ims.tau.ac.il/md/ut/Tziunim.aspx

And this calculator to their average maturity:

http://go.tau.ac.il/calc3

My average matriculation exams came out 103

Does this mean I need to take out a psychometric test of 700 + to get accepted into software engineering? Sounds really impossible to me. What can I do? I'm sure I want to do a degree in software engineering but over 700 in the physiometric ??

What do you suggest I do? I'm not looking for the highway but at least for real things

Link to content

It is not clear why (just another year of suffering when it does or will come out with the same capabilities).

See what the CS requirements are (probably lower).

If you still look too high you can try other institutions, in Hebrew for example I'm sure it's not that high.

If you insist on studying a certain degree at a certain institution, then you will begin to study hard for a psychometric exam. You have a lot of time until you're done .

Link to content

My average matriculation exams came out 103

Does this mean I need to take out a psychometric test of 700 + to get accepted into software engineering? Sounds really impossible to me. What can I do? I'm sure I want to do a degree in software engineering but over 700 in the physiometric ??

What do you suggest I do? I'm not looking for the highway but at least for real things

There are several options:

As it is said to check another place of study, not every university / college calculates the same.

You can do a pre-academic preparatory course. It's true that this is a year of learning material from high school (and beyond), but it is also a good preparation for academic studies and there you will learn physics and mathematics of 5 units (at least).

I did a preparatory course and it helped me a lot compared to other students who study alongside me, especially in subjects such as calculus and physics.

In the meantime you can as it is said to study for a psychometric exam, you have a year and a half and if you want to study instead of enjoying you will start from there. In my opinion a psychometric exam should be done towards the end of the service.

But in the end it is your consideration, if you think you are capable, and your underlying conditions allow you to study quietly and without interruption then go for it.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site