Do not believe in myself ... - Page 2 - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Do not believe in myself ...

no_way

I actually know that the teachers are almost redesigned (definition of boundaries, derivatives, integrals, etc.) only in a much more expanded and much faster.

You do not need level knowledge of 5 units to succeed in the basic math courses, but yes you need to understand relatively fast a lot of mathematical topics.

Link to content

This course is called a "math window" and is very difficult if you do not come with knowledge level of at least five units.

It's not a course that teaches you a foundation in any way.

I got 96 in the window with the knowledge of 4 units and it was considered a "gift" course that is fairly easy and worth 6 points.

This is the explanation of the course:

This course is an introductory course that presents students with basic topics in mathematics. It is not a technical course and one does not acquire a computational or other computing skill. The course trains the students towards correct mathematical thinking and provides basic mathematical tools. It discusses in a detailed and precise manner subjects most of which appear in a more "popular" form in the accepted educational framework. For this reason, the course is also suitable for teachers, especially for junior high school teachers.The students who take the course hardly need prior knowledge and do not presume control of any mathematical material. However, students are required to have a matriculation certificate and an interest in abstract thinking.

You do not need 5 units to succeed in computer science, whatever it takes is under and will and if none of them have nothing to try.

Link to content

Really decide on the one hand you say that it is much harder than 5 units on the part that I need to invest and need to know 5 units ... You need to understand that those who come without a base is coming without a basis and how much can sit a semester and try to solve? It should move on to previous 4 units

Link to content

I am a student in the second semester of Computer Science.

As far as mathematics is concerned, then it is much harder than high school mathematics. The logic and set theory and algebra 1 are quite different from what you knew in high school and the knowledge from high school will not help you there.

1 is a course that has quite a bit of material that is familiar from high school, especially the second part of the course (investigation of functions, derivatives, integrals).

Anyway, I do not think you need 5 units to be successful in math courses. Even with 4 units I believe you can get by, and there are quite a few around me who have studied 4 high school units.

It is also recommended to do some refresher before school - on basic and technical subjects such as strong laws, logarithms, inequalities, trigonometric functions (and general functions), complex numbers, and so on.

At my university (Ben-Gurion) I teach a summer course of a month that just does a rehearsal on these subjects.

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

There is no point in wasting your time studying high school mathematics. Invest in time with the basics of academic mathematics (such as the OU math course) Getting to the university and knowing that Vector is an arrow with size and direction is not really a background that helps you, but the background on composite numbers is not really relevant either, Them from scratch in one lecture at the beginning of each course of linear algebra.

Link to content

There is no point in wasting your time studying high school mathematics. Invest in time with the basics of academic mathematics (such as the OU math course) Getting to the university and knowing that Vector is an arrow with size and direction is not really a background that helps you, but the background on composite numbers is not really relevant either, Them from scratch in one lecture at the beginning of each course of linear algebra.

We did not teach composite numbers in the first lecture, but only in practice.

It was very fast and people who did not know the subject from high school got pretty lost.

Link to content

I also felt that things I knew from high school (vectors, composites, and basic calculus) helped me in the first year math courses.

It's true that you teach everything from scratch, it's true that you teach more depth and at a higher level, but the fact that you know the things gives you confidence and a little more time to understand (because you know the basics and actually have to absorb the delta, not all the material).

On the other hand, is it worth it to someone after high school who does not know these things before investing in high school? Almost certainly not. If you already have to learn from scratch, you will learn what you need.

Link to content

So what do you say you can start a degree from 0? Even without knowledge of mathematics?

That's definitely not what we said. Re-read my comment from the previous page:

http://hwzone.co.il/community/threads/560542-%D7%9C%D7%90-%D7%9E%D7%90%D7%9E%D7%99%D7%9F-%D7%91%D7%A2%D7%A6%D7%9E%D7%99?p=5025969&viewfull=1#post5025969

I recommended exactly what high school knowledge you should control before starting to study.

Link to content

Listen, you go on with yours. You do not change the mental fixation that people point out to you explicitly - because they have more experience than you and they come to help you. The crash of people with 5 units does not mean anything except that there are people in the world with 5 units that crash in math in the first semester. If you are in the matter of giving interpretations to such simple things, you will become a commentator or philosopher and invent new logic.

Take some books, try to deal alone for a few weeks with a material of academic mathematics, and you'll see how you get along. If you do that instead of screwing your head against the wall, maybe you'll get out of your mindset. You will learn a few concepts but you will reach the first semester when the material is still fresh in your mind and the market for academic math will be bigger for you than the market of a person who finished 5 units in high school and has almost forgotten almost Everything. On the other hand, if you can not handle high school math alone, you will feed yourself And it will hurt you in motivation even though it will not necessarily testify to anything.

- - - Unified response: - - -

So what do you say you can start a degree from 0? Even without knowledge of mathematics?

First grade also starts from scratch. Why do you need to be told that you can start with a degree from 0, when there are actually so many people doing it?

Yes, the sun is shining in the east, really.

Link to content

I do not know how you can come to terms with these things. Although I truly believe in the Open University because at the end you also study alone in regular universities, with external study materials (and often also with open books).

First try to cope, then say "I wish I could."

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site