Hebrew vs. Ben Gurion (Software Engineering / Computers / MDH) - Studies and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Hebrew vs. Ben Gurion (Software Engineering / Computers / MD)

wizardoz

Peace,

The 22-year-old plans to study this year. Currently wrestling with myself: what to learn? And where to study? (From the options that are relevant to me).

* It is important to note that I have a greater affinity to the field of software. I will not go for a degree in electrical engineering.

* The heart tends to study engineering, 4 years does not deter me and I have no problem plowing to be successful (after 4 psychometrics oo).

What I have in hand now:

The Hebrew University is a track of "Electrical and Computer Engineering with a specialization in Computer Engineering" (a hybrid of Electrical and Medical Engineering).

My fears:

1. Fall between the chairs, i.e. get a general and not in-depth lighting background in electrical engineering and computer science.

Or in other words, my fear is that the level of knowledge I will gain in this track in the software world will not be equivalent to the one who only studied software engineering / MDH.

2. Study in a school, emphasis on school and not a faculty of engineering. Also be a guinea pig for a track that is relatively new.

3. The attitude of employers in the market to this track.

Ben Gurion University "Software Engineering" course.

My fears:

1. The level of teaching in the field of engineering and computer science is very poor. Information according to the "closed day" and small talk conversations with students.

2. The failure of the hardware world.

3. Employment places in the field are much smaller than in Jerusalem / Central.

On the face of it, it seems that Ben-Gurion is accompanied by less serious concerns and yet I prefer Hebrew mainly because of the name and priority on the part of the employers for the institution. 

If there is anyone who has experienced / passed / heard / possessed any piece of information or just wants to express an opinion and is interested in sharing, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you!

Link to content

My orientation towards the software. 

On the other hand, I was never really exposed to the field of hardware electronics and electricity (slightly in high school on behalf of 5 Physics Units).

I do not know if it's worth judging from that, but I did not really connect with the high-tech field.

Link to content

What I did before school was to compare curricula. They are probably accessible on the site a B C\ Hebrew and if the title does not tell you anything there is a detailed syllabus. Suggests you go over it and see which track has the best balance between what you are interested in and what you are not. There will always be courses here and there that will not speak to you, so take it in proportion. I went through all the curricula of the Faculty of Engineering, read on the Internet (no talkbacks ...), sifted through and consulted with family / friends who are familiar with the fields that I have been filtered.

If you are closed on the Faculty of Engineering then your situation is still somehow flexible. Suppose you study first semester in software and an introduction to MDH will not speak to you, if achieving good grades in courses no one will prevent you from passing a class (involves completion though, although the majority probably overlaps in first semester).

My Schenkel as a student at ABG: The level of teaching is not poor at all. There are excellent lecturers and there are lecturers who are not worth attending their lectures, but that's how it is at every university. Indeed, the exams are difficult. Filter mainly in the first year with the help of high-level tests - quite understandable. When it comes to something exceptional considerate.

By the way, the one who goes to school in Be'er Sheva does not say we have to work there too ... and the high-tech park in Be'er Sheva is only expanding.

Link to content

Quote of wizardoz

My orientation towards the software.

Maybe you'd be better trained than an engineer, how do you feel about math?

The computer engineering track in Hebrew is already quite old. I would not call it "a relatively new route."

Link to content

Connecting to Mathematics (5 units)

On the other hand, something more practical and scientific came to me. 

I will focus the problem on specific questions that bother me:

* Is the computer engineering track in Hebrew, from a software point of view, equivalent to a talented graduate?

What does it mean to me that I go out with an engineer degree from a school and not a faculty?

* What is the ratio of employers in the labor market to a computer engineering graduate in general and to the track graduate in Hebrew in particular?

Link to content

Quote of wizardoz

On the other hand, something more practical and scientific came to me. The university does not learn to program. On the other hand, in the long term it will promote you more.

I will focus the problem on specific questions that bother me:

* Is the computer engineering track in Hebrew, from a software point of view, equivalent to a talented graduate? The tracks are not identical. You can read about them on the Hebrew site. I assume there are those who would prefer engineering graduates and some would prefer to graduate from the army. I do not know an unequivocal answer.

What does it mean to me that I go out with an engineer degree from a school and not a faculty? It's something of a Hebrew structure. For example, doing business in a school is also meaningless.

* What is the ratio of employers in the labor market to a computer engineering graduate in general and to the track graduate in Hebrew in particular? I'm a bit biased, but Hebrew is definitely among the leading institutions in Israel. What really matters is what grades you take out.

Link to content

First you close what you want to learn, then it will stand out among institutions. 

I know the tracks of computer science in Hebrew and Ben-Gurion. The level of mathematics in the Hebrew degree is higher (whether it is at the level of the 1-2 or whether it is in a logic course with the mathematicians, rather than a specific course). 

Regarding engineering in Hebrew. Although there is no faculty but in the end, computer engineering is an area that deals primarily with computer science and hardware, so there is a very good infrastructure in all. Note that the more highly regarded route in Hebrew is actually electrical engineering (formerly called computer engineering, specializing in applied physics). This is already a very developed field in Hebrew and in the advanced years of the degree it is already possible to do graduate courses in Applied Physics. 

The fact that there is no faculty at all may actually raise the level (and make it difficult for the student): sometimes they do not open up basic engineers and allow them to do the courses of physicists (electricity and magnetism, mechanics) that are harder and more crowded, or mathematicians (linear 1 + 2 mathematicians For example, together with a teacher and mathematics)

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime