Dirac Delta Function / Introduction to Electrical Engineering - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Dirac Delta Function / Introduction to Electrical Engineering

Liad344

Hey, 

I do the Introduction to Electrical Engineering course and talked about shock function, which I still do not fully understand. I realized that the delta function accepts the value infinity at zero, and the integral is 1, and everywhere the value of the function is 0. I have a few questions- 

1. What is a built-in function? And why is the delta function so? 

2. \ int _ {- \ infty} ^ \ infty f (x) \, \ delta (x) \, dx = f (0) I do not understand this definition, what is the relationship of function f, to the delta function? 

3. More interesting things about the function?

Link to content

About 1. I can not answer you.

2. This means that any function you place in the integral as f (x) will get the function value in f (0).

3. For other features, just go to Wikipedia, usually what is there enough for first-year courses.

And good luck

Link to content

Yes, any function you put in the integral as f will give you this result.

This feature is the product of the delta function definition.

You can look at it this way:

The delta function gets a value of 0 at every point except the beginning, and any integral that includes the beginning on both sides is 1.

The multiplication of the delta in f also gives 0 to each value x except for the beginning.

Link to content

ארכיון

This discussion has been archived and new comments can not be added.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises

new on the site