What do I need to learn in order to be accepted as a programmer without a degree? - Study and Job Offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

What do I need to learn in order to be accepted as a programmer without a degree?

rikus

Hi friend, I would be very happy if you help me. I wanted to do professional retraining for programming, my adult age (43), I started to study JAVASCRIPT HTML and CSS, and I continued to examine the job proposals and I see that you also need to learn C # and JAVA and possibly PHP.

I learned programming at the university and I loved and I was more or less reasonable. (My reason is that I already have a family and my work is only from the afternoon, and I want to work at a day's work that I can see and be with the family more).

Is there anyone here who started working a few years ago as a programmer without a degree and can give tips?

Or in general someone who knows the demand for programming languages ​​without a degree?

It is my assessment that it will take me at least a few years until I finish learning all the languages ​​and also gain experience with them.

The question of whether you need more ???

Recommendations and stuff ... will help me very much !!

Link to content

What have you been up to now, if you can ask? Why Software rather than something else?

I know some people who have decided to enter the world The feature after the age of 30 and succeeded, but you have to understand that the price is much more expensive and difficult over the years.

Do not expect anywhere, especially at the beginning of the work period, to allow you a reasonable balance between work and time with your family. Most of these companies prefer young singles for a very specific reason.

In my current workplace, there are two that have started at all because of a degree and background in working in the field unrelated to what they are doing today through a course called: https://infinitylabs.co.il

Link to content

I'm still working on it, working as a full-time musician - mainly teaching projects here and there with freelance companies abroad. Prefer not to post details. To make this user more or less anonymous ??? Believe you know why it's important to stay anonymous online .....!

Software development because it was something I was dealing with that I was in elementary school during the Commodore 64, and I also learned at C ++ University. It seems to me that this is a relevant area for me, even though I am learning the language now.

And I know the problem with seeing the family when you work in high-tech. People are returning at 8 in the evening maybe before the traffic jams at all. psychic.

But I have to try because in the worst case, I can rebuild myself in the current profession. I do not have much to lose because I do not really see them anyway.

Thanks for the link, do not believe it fits me so much. Right now pretty locked in programming. Do you have any idea what languages ​​you should know?

Link to content

There are a lot of fields in programming and development. In every field they work with a language or other languages. The more languages ​​you know, the more doors you have and the easier it is to find a job.

There are no specific languages ​​to tell you to study them. It really depends on which field you're aiming at.

Another thing I guess you've heard, but anyway, consider that a position as a programmer or developer at your age is not guaranteed for many years. There is a chance that you will find yourself in 10 years without work in the field and with all the experience you have, you are not sure you will be able to find another job.

I suggest that you do a test in which areas of development are in great demand and therefore direct yourself to a specific area. You may even want to take a course of several months in the same field, because the demand today is more for developers and less for programmers, and with knowledge in programming languages ​​only you will find it harder to find a job.

Edited By --- The King ---
Link to content

He asked what languages ​​he should learn. In his case he has no experience and he is not yet "very good in his field". So as a start from 0 as he knows more languages, more fields will open up to him because in any case it would be very difficult to find a job right now in this field without experience and without background:

Quote of --- The King ---

With knowledge of programming languages ​​only you will find it harder to find a job.

Edited By --- The King ---
Link to content

Quote of --- The King ---

He asked what languages ​​he should learn. In his case he has no experience and he is not yet "very good in his field". So as a start from 0 as he knows more languages, more fields will open up to him because in any case it would be very difficult to find a job right now in this field without experience and without background:

It is best to choose a domain that you connect to and specialize in. Disperse is an unwise idea.
How did Chazal say, "You have not grasped much?"

Link to content

There are several directions to study, open job sites and see the directions that are requested.
Every day a few hours of study, and within a few years (it's a matter of years) you will be able to reach a good level.
It would be good for you to do some proficiency, so that you can prove knowledge. 
Successfully .

Link to content

Quote of schnitzel

I've never heard anyone call a software programmer.

I did not either, because of that I asked because it was not clear what he meant ...

Programming - programming - producing software. 'Development' is a slightly more modern name, perhaps, adaptations to foreign terms (R&D)?

In any case, in all the places I was among them, no one made a difference between a programmer and a developer ... not in a course Software (I do not have a 'development' course, a course for programming, a one-course course, and anyone who comes out of there definitely does not check software, in fact there is a separate course for software testing) and not anywhere I've ever had.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside