Degree in MDH or Software Engineering? - Studies and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Degree in economics or software engineering?

sub100

What do you recommend for a degree in computer science (3 years) or a degree in software engineering (4 years)
My consideration in addition is the time: that I must make a full year's preparation. 
So in the end: a degree in computer science - 4 years. Software Engineering-5 years.
But I also wonder about the degree itself: What is the difference between the degrees?

Will they both have work?

Is it possible to find work during the degree in the field?
I'll be happy to respond, I do not have much time to decide
Thanks

Edited By sub100
Link to content

You can settle for a MDM, that's enough for the domain,
Beyond that you will need to be self-taught and learn a particular niche in software development.
This is a much more important issue to consider.
There are huge masses of study material in the field, do not panic, the habit of a few hours of study a day and finally reach a good level.
Successfully ! 

Link to content

• 1 month later ...

Sees this as an old message. Season for users who will look for a similar question in the future.

In any case, a shorter degree.

The difference is very big. Suppose he is X years old.

After the 3 degree years will remain for him Y years until retirement.

After the 4 degree years will remain in his Y-1 years until retirement.

Immediately after the degree they will work at almost the same salary, say NIS 14,000. But the one who studied for 3 years will work one more year. But not the first year. But at the end, before retirement, when he has experience and status.

Let's assume that this is a salary of at least 35,000 NIS (this is likely to be a lot more, and if we take into account depreciation it will probably be more than 2)

This means that the difference between the two degrees is at least NIS 420,000 and will probably be much more.

Link to content

• 1 month later ...
Quote of yigael_o

Sees this as an old message. Season for users who will look for a similar question in the future.

In any case, a shorter degree.

The difference is very big. Suppose he is X years old.

After the 3 degree years will remain for him Y years until retirement.

After the 4 degree years will remain in his Y-1 years until retirement.

Immediately after the degree they will work at almost the same salary, say NIS 14,000. But the one who studied for 3 years will work one more year. But not the first year. But at the end, before retirement, when he has experience and status.

Let's assume that this is a salary of at least 35,000 NIS (this is likely to be a lot more, and if we take into account depreciation it will probably be more than 2)

This means that the difference between the two degrees is at least NIS 420,000 and will probably be much more.

What happens if he goes on the market after 3 years and discovers that 4 graduates prefer years because they have more experience? And this year he is spared he can not find a job - because he needs to learn more at home, is this realistic or rare?

Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...
  • 2 weeks later ...
  • 3 weeks later ...
Quote of Yevlius

There is an abnormal amount of outsourcing for programmers from India and the East and also Eastern Europe and Russia

And the reason for such outsourcing is the insane wage costs of developers in Israel.

And the capabilities of developers in Israel, despite their high costs, are the ones that make many companies stay here and not close here and go abroad.

I know quite a few people that if they could extract from an Indian developer half of what they would extract from an Israeli developer, they would willingly fire the entire Israeli development team and recruit a large Indian team, 4 and 5.

It still does not really happen.

By the way, there are very talented Indian developers. They just do not stay in India, look for them in the leading development teams in US companies Of a product at Microsoft I was surprised to find that a large number of developers are Indian ... But then I was young.

Link to content

Quote of Yevlius

What happens if he goes on the market after 3 years and discovers that they prefer Graduates 4 years because they have more experience .. And in this year that he spared he can not find a job - that he should learn at home additional material, such a case is feasible or is it rare?

A small note, a graduate degree of 3 years and a graduate degree of 4 years has exactly the same experience. 0.

It all depends on what you can do both in luck and in the field you decide to engage in.

Personally knows a cannon guy who works in the Alta team Algorithms when he has only a bachelor's degree. Almost all other husbands will be encouraged by a doctorate in mathematics or computer science. But his abilities can not be denied, so he managed to get accepted ...

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site