Dramatic Drop in SSD Drives Prices - Page 30 - Volume - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Dramatic drop in SSD prices

nec_000

To a professional system that cannot stop its work,

Or set up a raid array on your computer Regular, or work with a professional workstation that has raid and two power supplies ...

The financial damage caused by the loss of work in the event of a computer crash, is noticeable compared to the cost of the professional computer,

Which typically reaches $ 2500-4000 nowadays. It's not that expensive ...

Link to content

I followed the SSD drives Because mine was broken (the computer gets stuck every few minutes for a few seconds). How do I know this is the SSD? I did a format and didn't help. I installed New on HDD drive and smooth running. 

I talked with , I was told to send the product to them. I checked in the mail And the shipping cost is around NIS 50. With all this rant and wait until they ship back it is better to buy a new drive (240gb). I noticed that the prices went up around $ 9-10, no matter what volume. How come the price suddenly went up and is expected to be Decline again soon? 

Link to content

Check the SMART data and any other diagnostic data at Srorage Executive. Check to see if there is a firmware update.

Send this data to And if there is something to indicate that the drive is wrong you may be able to save the shipment from them.

I wouldn't buy a 256GB drive today. Dimension doesn't pay off when there are 500GB drives in the $ 60 area like the WD Blue.

Prices have fallen during the holiday season. Sometimes they go back up a bit and sometimes stay fixed. Don't know when the next price drop will be. According to productive rumors, the trend is reversing (after two years of price declines) and reports of faults are already emerging, chips are missing High quality etc.

I do not know what ciphers in 7 this coming year in terms of price, but my approach is to buy when needed.

When you wait for a price drop, until it arrives, if at all, sometimes the component is no longer that lucrative at that time.

Compare the cost of a new drive to the shipping cost (in my opinion it will cost less than $ 50. More toward $ 25-30 if you ship in the original packaging in a padded envelope)

Link to content

Quote of About: blank

Check the SMART data and any other diagnostic data at Srorage Executive. Check to see if there is a firmware update.

Send this data to Crucial And if there is something to indicate that the drive is wrong you may be able to save the shipment from them.

I wouldn't buy a 256GB drive today. Dimension doesn't pay off when there are 500GB drives in the $ 60 area like the WD Blue.

Prices have fallen during the holiday season. Sometimes they go back up a bit and sometimes stay fixed. Don't know when the next price drop will be. According to productive rumors, the trend is reversing (after two years of price declines) and reports of faults are already emerging, chips are missing NAND High quality etc.

I do not know what ciphers in 7 this coming year in terms of price, but my approach is to buy when needed.

When you wait for a price drop, until it arrives, if at all, sometimes the component is no longer that lucrative at that time.

Compare the cost of a new drive to the shipping cost (in my opinion it will cost less than $ 50. More toward $ 25-30 if you ship in the original packaging in a padded envelope)

I've already bought 480GB of kingstone for $ 53 with free shipping. 500 gigabytes It cost 70 NIS more and reviews on Amazon or around the network saw that there was no such difference and so I went for the cheaper option. After the current drive failed after less than two years of use and I was really saddened until I realized that the problem on the hard drive was that everything was working fine. I spoke to their support and asked if there was an option to add money and take a bigger drive and was told not to. Like you said, I made my own judgments and realized that I was not worth the hassle of sending in the mail and waiting to send me another drive etc so I decided to go for a new drive. The question now is whether it's worth adding the 70 shekels for a drive And another 20GB or so kingstone enough. 

Link to content

It's not another 20GB. All half-terra drives are up to 480GB in Because of the way counting kilobytes. Some call it packaging 512, 500 or 480, but in all the volume is actually the same.

כל Would be equally good for home / office uses. You won't feel any difference.

The only difference is the warranty, 5 years compared to 3. Does it justify an extra 70 NIS? There is no definite answer to this. Since you didn't really have the power to deal with warranty this time around, I would say that your longer warranty probably doesn't justify the extra cost.

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

As for killing Silicon Power, I work with a drive Theirs from 2018.

Good drive, 0 problems.

Files are loaded very quickly, and those who are not looking for crazy write / read speeds, such a drive can fit. 

The average home user who does a simple office job or system is a total , And even a modest gaming system. 

There may be preferable options today because prices have really dropped, 

But then at the point of purchase (somewhere in 2018) it was a maximum of GB at a minimum of $. 

And I think the reviews on Speaking for themselves - 

https://www.amazon.com/Silicon-Power-Performance-Internal-SP512GBSS3A55S25/dp/B07997QV4Z/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=SILICON+POWER+512GB&qid=1580463474&sr=8-1

2,128 ratings, 82% of 5 stars

Only 5% of 1 stars

So I'm writing this in case anyone might ever be interested in their drive, so as not to get the impression it's pure shit. Because it's not. 

Edited By NAND
Link to content

• 4 weeks later ...
  • 2 weeks later ...
  • 3 months later ...
  • 1 month later ...

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime