Review of the Technion for first degrees - Page 2 - Study and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Criticism of the Technion for first degrees

Sargon

The Academy's role is to prepare you for research, most students come to enter the university to obtain a desired degree in order to find a problem.

That's the whole problem, you can have bad professors and you will still be able to get a deep understanding of the material and you will get the same "inotation" you are talking about or you can throw the whole semester and last two weeks to do a marathon and a week after the test forget everything.

It all depends on the student and those who want to continue for advanced degrees will also be required to sit and study the material and not just pass the course, and it is natural to invest in those who give extra effort.

Link to content

"What's good for MIT is probably not good enough for Israeli universities"

An article from 2017 in Dhamrcker on dropping out interviews Professor Yachin Cohen, former Dean of Undergraduate Studies at the Technion.

The Technion is trying to fight dropout, regarding subjective or inter-subjective experiences in studies, statistics show that 45% of STEM beginners will not finish what they started. Agree that there is a problem, still do not agree that the Technion is responsible for everything, students also have a responsibility they are not just "customers" (but you will talk to Millennials about personal responsibility or commitment).3209067784.png

Edited By Sheik Yerbouti
Link to content

Well, you can not read everything your filthy mouth writes. So to the point.

I gave an example, Pid.

Research shows me what a sensational study they discovered at the Technion In Computer Science In the last ten years. I know that every year I hear about research in the United States in computer science.

If the colleges are not equal to the Technion, then what is the Technion worth compared to MIT? Compared to MIT, the Technion is not worth much according to the same parameters that you judge.

Please, give me a comparison of MIT to the Technion and be honest. Who is more equal?

There is a problem in the country of lack of engineers. If you do not know this figure, there is nothing to discuss with you at all.

And here I will come back, bring me an amazing study of the Technion in computer science in the last ten years. You just have to bring me an example.

If I remember well, you brought me a jaunty example of some little joke in the Cheyenne Block. As if, the Technion is always hiding in the technology of computer science, recycling things that have existed years before.

The newspaper I received from the Technion has only been talking about the same elite students for 10 years now, and is talking about "new discoveries" 10 years ago.

There was a boom here as a result of the iPhone and Android market, which was new and attractive, but when there is no new market, the technological demands rise. And here we have not proved ourselves the most.

We have hardware engineers, but not in software.

Link to content

Quote of Sargon

Well, you can not read everything your filthy mouth writes. So to the point.

If I remember well, you brought me a jaunty example of some little joke in the Cheyenne Block. 

You wrote a lot of nonsense, and as I mentioned in my first post - you probably have some mental / inferiority problem, so I will not even address them.
But from here to calling her a little joke? And say my mouth is filthy? There's so much irony in your messages that it's no longer funny.

Do you really think she's ever going to do a tenth of what she did? You really need help.

Keep complaining about life in forums, you'll go far.

Link to content

Quote of flava

You wrote a lot of nonsense, and as I mentioned in my first post - you probably have some mental / inferiority problem, so I will not even address them.
But from here to calling her a little joke? And say my mouth is filthy? There's so much irony in your messages that it's no longer funny.

Do you really think she's ever going to do a tenth of what she did? You really need help.

Keep complaining about life in forums, you'll go far.

I went down to your level.

By the way, that you tell me that my feelings of inferiority all the time, it's probably something you radiate from yourself.

You're probably building up your image based on what you learned at the Technion, and when someone hits the source for your fake strength, you start to run wild.

Sabeva, the Technion is the best university in Israel, and every person is measured according to the university he finished

That means that every person who graduated from MIT is 100 times better than anyone who graduated from the Technion, because MIT is 100 times better than the Technion. at least.

Link to content

Quote of Sargon

Sababa, the Technion is the best universityAnd in Israel, and each person is measured according to the university he has completed

That means every person who graduated from MIT ohA hundred times Better From every person who graduated from the Technion, that MIT is a hundred times better than the Technion. at least.

The Technion is really not in the first place in Israel (if memory does not mislead me), and there are specific ratings according to faculties.

By the way you have developed the value ranking universities in the world and you will see a nice quote

"In 2017, Faculty of Aeronautics and Aerospace Engineering The Technion ranked 8 in the world, 50 in automation and control, 37 in electrical engineering, and in the field of physics the Technion ranked 150-200.

A lot of nonsense has been written in this cluster by quite a few writers.

If a student has completed 3 years in any academic institution and does not feel that he has come out with knowledge that is his fault, one can learn 3 days before a test and get a good grade and even excellent but if you really want to learn and understand the material you need to invest and show interest beyond.

Edited By k534d
Link to content

Read Skimming The previous posts, and have a few things to say. 

I am a mechanical engineering graduate, who started in aeronautics and moved on after realizing that what interests his big brother does not necessarily interest him.

This is a very good school, which teaches at a high level, perhaps a bit too theoretical (does not prepare you well for real life).

Over the years, I came across tired and sparkling lecturers who just come to get out of duty, and there were also lecturers who really wanted to teach. Although I'm sure it's like this everywhere, and it's not unique to the Technion.

Very agree with @Sargon That the place is pretty full of arrogance and hubris.

I am by nature a "neighborhood (your people)" and so I was in lectures.

I will never forget the smug face that some student student wanted to give him a contradiction, after mocking me when I fucked what the hell was going on here on the clutter of nonsense that was written on the board in the middle of physics lecture 1.

Or the excessive competitiveness that existed among the students. No one wanted to help anything, maybe because most of them were stuffed and I was not? I have no clue.

In any case, I did not feel and feel threatened by other institutions, not because I think the Technion is the best place, but because I believe that the person is more important than the source of the certificate he is carrying. College are excellent and vice versa.

Link to content

Please do not use reverse logic.

"If he could not learn, he did not want to."

I studied at the Technion about the army, without making any trip to India.

At that age I was still much less mature, I did not really know how to learn properly, and there were no aids on YouTube today.

The point is that I really wanted to learn, I would do all the house exercises myself, and the chicks would not necessarily bother me.

But the Technion is such a gray place that it does not care about the students. The Technion does not make an effort to help students learn, and the other students will not help you either because you are a competition for them. They only help their team's close friends.

So if you do not connect with a group that accepts you to its roots, you are in trouble.

I came to the Technion mainly to study, I did not care so much about the excellent. But I was naive to understand how in Israel, and many other places in the world, the default behavior is that it does not care. There are states and universities whose default behavior is to do the right thing. This is not the case at the Technion and many places in the world.

In short, I wish I had learned better at the time. But there was what was.

In any case, I will not recommend people to study at the Technion. True, it helps the section of the degree is more considered in the labor market, but if what interests you is to study the material in depth, and nice people and not arrogant and engineering Technicians, then the Technion is a mistake.

Link to content

I want to understand the meaning of the saying "we do not invest in students." 

Because in Tel Aviv, few cases of practitioners turned their backs on students.

You do not have reception hours at the Technion, no e-mails from practitioners or forums that you can ask a question and get an answer? 

95% of the times I approached the practitioner with such an approach, "I tried a full time and not going to me .. You can show me a direction / explain" I also received a response. 

Many times the practitioners were willing to go beyond the official hour and simply meet the student for a few minutes in a computer / library room. 

If I had lived close to the university I would have used it much more. Now I live far away and it's hard to get there and I almost never go to the university and under these conditions it's really hard to learn. At the Technion, I assume that the vast majority live in the nearby neighborhoods and can come more easily and meet with the course staff. Take advantage of it

Edited By exeaction
Link to content

I think that many students miss the point of academic institutions and their connection to the labor market

1. Academic institutions are engaged in research - so many professors do not know how to teach or lecture for them and it is a waste of time they can be in their laboratory

2. At the Technion you are taught the mathematical basis / physics / chemistry - because if the student has the basis he can learn further

3. Workplaces are more considerate of the Technion (and the universities) because the students are required to work independently and under pressure !! - The Technion does not hold students' hands - qualities that workplaces are very valuative and very right in my opinion.

4. The fact that outstanding students do not always succeed outside is very important today. It is human relations between people, the projects are teams, and it is necessary to work with other people / departments, knowledge sharing, etc. - no matter how high the grades are if the person is sociopath and not Getting along then he will achieve very little ... 

Link to content

Quote of Knopix

I think that many students miss the point of academic institutions and their connection to the labor market

1. Academic institutions are engaged in research - so many professors do not know how to teach or lecture for them and it is a waste of time they can be in their laboratory

As for 1 I agree with you but it's really annoying. Most of the academic institutions are tax-financed and with the direct aim of providing engineers, professionals or discoveries to help practical work for humanity (for those who live in the film and think that this is not the main reason for the state funding them). To the academy).

In fact, most of the researchers I have met are arrogant and pagan who think that passing their knowledge on and training future generations is below their level and worse, most of the research they publish is closed and you have to pay a fortune to the newspapers to read them or be a member of an academic institution, Worse, people in the industry who really use knowledge to change the world can not access information that their tax money will generate freely.

The European Union is aware of this problem and now requires that any research funded by it must be opened to the general public starting from a certain period of time. In my opinion, even in Israel, such a law must be established, and knowledge financed by the public must be free.

I think that the lack of investment in teaching and saving information are symptoms of the same phenomenon of elitism. A researcher who cared to contribute to humanity would invest as much students as he could for his knowledge to pass on. He would try as much as he could to spread the knowledge from his research to the general population or at least to professionals in the field. In practice, most of them keep the knowledge in order to maintain their status in the scientific community or as very expensive consultants in the industry. The average researcher is more important to remember his name in the field than these discoveries will help humanity.

This is my opinion as one who also worked a bit in academia and knows the kind of people who teach there. Of course there are exceptions, but that's the impression I got.

Edited By Buck
Link to content

You have lived on Earth for a few years.

If the Technion is not able to teach undergraduate students properly, it will do like Weizman and will only study high degrees and will not waste their time in the wake of young and naive students.

You do not need a university at all to study math, so why do you study at the university?

The interest in the pressure is correct, but the rattle. In other words, if the goal of the Technion is to prove who can write a code under a fire attack, then it succeeds. If his goal was to help students realize their potential and help them absorb as much material as possible, it failed.

I do not blame the lecturers necessarily, but the whole institution is screwed up in all the undergraduate programs. In the way that the material is transmitted, and also in the old fashioned way that the curriculum is structured.

Again, the Technion wants to do research? Not to learn first degrees and to have as little self-respect as Weizmann.

Link to content

• 1 month later ...

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site