Review of the Technion for first degrees - Page 3 - Study and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Criticism of the Technion for first degrees

Sargon

Quote of Second Edition

Mobilay left the Technion .. 

Amendment from the Hebrew University

editing:

To be precise, Prof. Shashua was (and still is) a faculty member of the Hebrew University at the time of my establishment.

Mobily's technology is not directly related to his research at the university.

Therefore, the Hebrew University (Yissum) has a certain percentage of Mobilai, because Hashashua is a faculty member, but not a larger part, since the development itself was not done within the framework of the university.

Edited By pini k
Link to content

Big deal.

Again there is a difference between companies that succeed in business and research and good engineers.

There is also this girl who raised billions for a blood test that does not work. This successful business woman, does not mean she is good at research.

When you grow up a bit you will find that whoever makes money is not necessarily the one who produces value.

There are companies whose products are worth nothing and they are sold to one of the giants simply because the CEO sat with a beer with senior people in another company.

I agree that Israeli business is good.

My argument is that graduate students at the Technion do not provide the goods in terms of research, whereas they are the students at whom the Technion invests the most.

My comparison is between MIT and the Technion, from MIT going out lots of new and interesting studies every year (at least in computer science). The Technion is almost nothing. The Technion's excuse is that they do not have the same budgets, but it sounds like shit to me.

Strong researchers have more in America than Israel. In Israel there are strong businessmen, those who know how to get into places that make money.

Link to content

Quote of Sargon

Big deal.

Again there is a difference between companies that succeed in business and research and good engineers.

There is also this girl who raised billions for a blood test that does not work. This successful business woman, does not mean she is good at research.

When you grow up a bit you will find that whoever makes money is not necessarily the one who produces value.

There are companies whose products are worth nothing and they are sold to one of the giants simply because the CEO sat with a beer with senior people in another company.

I agree that Israeli business is good.

My argument is that graduate students at the Technion do not provide the goods in terms of research, whereas they are the students at whom the Technion invests the most.

My comparison is between MIT and the Technion, from MIT going out lots of new and interesting studies every year (at least in computer science). The Technion is almost nothing. The Technion's excuse is that they do not have the same budgets, but it sounds like shit to me.

Strong researchers have more in America than Israel. In Israel there are strong businessmen, those who know how to get into places that make money.

Come on, I have often read from people who are impressed by the way Israelis think, including research and development.

The fact is that this is all the development centers that companies are opening in Israel, if I am not mistaken in the company's sole development center Outside of the United States it is in Israel or he was the first.

Link to content

Let's sharpen it. In severity we may be strong. There were also significant developments in computer hardware from Israel. And chemistry.

I focus more on computer science, with the Technion investing all its efforts in graduate students in computer science, and they do not deliver the goods in terms of research.

Israeli engineers and researchers in computer science are either weak or have very few.

Probably because the Technion thinks it will invest all its resources in students with high grades and high degrees will lead to discoveries and my name is not outstanding president can not develop important things. On the other hand, the outstanding students of computer science do not deliver the goods.

My criticism is that the Technion neglects most undergraduate students because it thinks that only the outstanding students are the ones who will develop the important developments. When in reality it is really not like that. And the evidence is that there are almost no developments in computer science from the higher degrees at the Technion. At least not in the last ten years.

This is if we ignore the poor ethics and lack of respect of the Technion that it is not trying to help each student to realize his potential and not just focus on those who receive the most spelling.

Link to content

For companies that open centers here. Our engineers are not cheap, but they are also inexpensive. In Europe and the US, it is much more expensive to employ engineers. We may be the advanced Western country with the cheapest engineers compared to Europe and the US.

Of course Poland is growing stronger in this field and they are cheaper.

At a certain point, the laurels we rest on will be pulled out when other countries like Poland offer better and cheaper engineers.

Edited By Sargon
Link to content

And if I add / say sargon, there is a shortage of engineers Practical Who know how to work instead of talking nicely in an interview and solving homework exercises.

The degrees at the Technion are too theoretical for me, and they do not prepare you for real life at all.  

Edited By OvO
Link to content

Quote of OvO

And if I add / say sargon, there is a shortage of engineers Practical Who know how to work instead of talking nicely in an interview and solving homework exercises.

The degrees at the Technion are too theoretical for me, and they do not prepare you for real life at all.  

The academy is designed to prepare you for continuing the academic path not to the labor market, so apparently the Technion is doing something right.

Link to content

By chance I know the Technion very closely. Their graduate in mechanical engineering. 

What I wrote is from my impressions and my experience.

As a factory engineer, who employs a number of engineers, most of whom I interviewed and recorded myself, look less at the source of the degree, but more at the abilities of the engineer in front of me - of course this will be tested in a practical and theoretical thorough assessment.

Can not say that Technion graduates overwhelmingly impressed me more than graduates of competing universities or colleges. on the contrary..

What really attracts the eye in this form of CV is a professional military past, and an officer.

Edited By OvO
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Sony's Power Show

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises