3900X / 3700X - Page 5 - Processors, Motherboards and Memory - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

3900X / 3700X

Quote of ch33

I agree but I did not consider a significant overclock, then if the discussion is about what is enough for the "normative consumer" (as the supposed opener, I really do not know) then surely it is impossible to talk about the overclock seriously. Sure when you don't know which one Motherboard He has, which Power Supply Etc. (I have an intelligent guess). If the point is that 2500k is a legendary processor that is still somehow dragging then yes, this is not news.

I'll just clarify something - when I had the 4570 and tried to play BF1 on it, what I got was just a bunch of blows, on every set of settings. If you were an average FPS tester, it would probably be over 60 in fun. But sharp drops and blasting for half a second when a processor reaches 100% usage. I had a similar experience with 4690k on another computer by the way. It's an engine that left 4 cores and 4 spinachs behind, they exist that's the whole point. I will clarify - even the 4570 really is not something this, was enough for me for 90% of the games I played. So again, if the point is that you can live with an old processor, agree. Do not run today to upgrade such a processor unless you know exactly why you are doing it. I also upgraded because of gaming because there are point games that suffocated it (not necessarily the ones I mentioned that are less interesting to me) and also for some programming and compile code. And that just came to me.

Regarding the 60 FPS we agree not to agree. I'm not at the age of succumbing to social pressure from strangers online ... For me sharp declines in FPS are noticeable so I always lower settings as much as possible so as not to fall below 60 ever. For me personally, there must be iron. Obviously playing on a stable 58, hard to distinguish from 60, if you talk about it. But when there are declines it is jarring to the eye, certainly. By the way part of it because I almost always turn on vsync and it has an effect when falling below the refresh rate. If you have a GSYNC screen or freesync These declines will be much less noticeable as long as you are within range of the technology.

The blasts you had are not from the processor and it's a shame you are wrong (and misleading the laymen). You have more to learn - read on.

Never a real-time engine crash can result from a processor, but only for another reason in the production chain that stops the

Processed to a few tenths of a second. Most often this occurs due to the departure of process processing by the operating system, and the reason it is

Leaving is due to a malfunction in the real-time engine - usually a different process enters the processor by the operating system, a process

That throws out the real-time slice (context switch) and not the processor at all.

Processor This is a smooth linear machine, it is not "Burping." The operating system throws processes away from it and then real time is compromised.

Ask the coch who thought the same as you a few years ago, so he upgraded at the time from the 2500k he had to the 6700k.

And after I insisted that he install On clean, he did the computer 2500K to check what I explained,

And the crash of blasts disappeared. It was the best lesson he could do then and learned a lot from it also wrote a whole post comment on it

Then. And I will offer the same to you.

Unfortunately due to lack of education and relevant professional knowledge in computer science they are needed to understand this processor interaction

The operating system and the way the code runs, the general public (including computer enthusiasts), come to all sorts of sucked conclusions

Who find themselves running in the market, such as blasts originating from a processor that is too weak. One big, devastating ignorance.

A processor never leads to crashes, it only leads to a linear decrease of the entire performance. Not something that feels like stuttering but

Decrease in the entire average fps.

As for that you are playing with vsync, then you are only further reinforcing the loaded that does not need a processor that gives 100-200FPS that practice

Your system slows itself down to 60hz and throws all the rest of the performance in the trash. This is your counting antithesis about needing a powerful processor.

You are on a 200 Camshaft car but are driving an 60. Understand what are you actually saying?

now,

Professionals cancel vsync to dramatically reduce latency, and use other techniques to minimize

The tearing of the image. Another positive byproduct is that when vsync does not work, then a drop from 60hz is not felt.

It is only noticeable when vsync is enabled, because then every drop from 60 synchronizes us with the next step 30 and that's how it feels 

And it's annoying.

The right way to work today is with fast sync in the case of a mobile card, or enhance sync in the case of a card .

What it does is preserve vsync running as long as the system exceeds 60hz, but with a smart rendering method that lowers latency

Using backround later frame buffering, and when the production chain refresh rate drops from 60hz it cancels vsync

For a (minor) image rupture that is not felt because when vsync is turned off, a drop to 55FPS does not immediately throw us to 30hz

Out of sync. It feels nary and smooth.

Apply this technique in the card driver and learn it. Perform latency experiments with the mouse (fast turns with the character when you

Standing on the spot examining the delay in viewing the picture) and seeing the dramatic improvement that is received, as well as the lack of problem further in the decline

Below 60hz. The industry has advanced a lot over the years, taking advantage of the new image synchronization techniques that are on the market for all their benefits.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

incidentally @urib I'm curious what other games are dropping to your i7 3770 floor, because the 2500K runs the following games :

1. RAGE 2 - Not a rushed 2500K tickle that it surpasses And there is no problem with the frames.

2. The last METRO which is several times heavier on the GPU. Same goes .. falls to the 50 area, very GPU dependent.

3. Sekiro - Great game. Finished a few months ago, no problem with the prime from what I see.

4. BFV - Existing falls. Better modern processor.

5. Contol - As above.

6. The new Wolfenstein (with the sisters) - Ditto ... no problems. Steady as a rock.

What other games are you talking about? I'm curious to check. I'm ready to get the 1070GTX off my main computer and run tests.

I found out what else would bring the processor to the floor.

Link to content

Quote of nec_000

Ask the coch who thought the same as you a few years ago, so he upgraded at the time from the 2500k he had to the 6700k.

And after I insisted that he install Operating System On clean, he did the computer 2500K to check what I explained,

And the crash of blasts disappeared. It was the best lesson he could do then and learned a lot from it and wrote about it a whole post will back up afterwards.

And I will offer the same to you.

The truth was that it belonged to OC. In one of the BF games, there was a significant difference in DELTA between LOWS and AVG between a rushed and non-rushed processor,

Unrelated to the clean system, to me it is always clean :)

When I went up to 4.2 the LOWS were significantly higher than the LOWS you get in stock. If I'm not mistaken we talked then about BF4.

Link to content

Quote of coch

Funny section .. I'm with one generation processor in front of you and not even i7 gets stable frames in most games released to date. Control and AC Ods These

Examples of games that do drop down the older processors at lows. I have no idea about your i7 3770 and why you are not reaching 50 ..

I guess you took a game or two as a personal benchmark. Because the following video refutes what you are saying, except for AC Ods which, in general, is excellent acting, as usual Ubisoft Spend games with vegetable market optimization.

Please - (you might try to hurry) even though you can't figure out you're barely scratching 50 .. That's why I said you probably checked out BFV and maybe another game. I used an example in 2600K that is pretty much the same as your processor performance. The video is modern (2019).

The video runs in the built-in Anchor Mark of the game, there is a huge difference that you really play with a scene full of enemies and then you have dips below 40FPS.

Hutsamza, not everyone performs To the processor, whatever, in most cases, a demanding game will cause crashes on time (I'm not in the field today).

I also don't understand your logic and that of nec_000, putting up a powerful card like 1080TI with a processor that is "dead horse".

Edited By urib
Link to content

Quote of coch

incidentally @urib I'm curious what other games are dropping to your i7 3770 floor, because the 2500K runs the following games :

What other games are you talking about? I'm curious to check. I'm ready to get the 1070GTX off my main computer and run tests.

I found out what else would bring the processor to the floor.

Do you really think that the 1070 card creates a bottle neck equivalent to the 1080 / 1080TI cards on an old processor, really ...

Link to content

Quote of urib

The video runs in the built-in Anchor Mark of the game, there is a huge difference that you really play with a scene full of enemies and then you have dips below 40FPS.

Hutsamza, not everyone performs Overclock To the processor, whatever, in most cases, a demanding game will cause crashes on time Overclock (I'm not in the field today).

I also don't understand your logic and that of nec_000, putting up a powerful card like 1080TI with a processor that is "dead horse".

I have no 1080Ti on the i5 2500K processor. I have an 4850 name ...... This is a computer that is used by me at home for a specific purpose, not for gaming.

On my PC I have 7700K \ 1070. Adjacent to it works 6700K that it is net for work from home and nothing else.

What nec does with his computers is his business, I did not talk for a moment about what to attach to him .. but only about the benefits of an outdated processor in a rushed state.

The cost it saves, etc.

Link to content

Quote of urib

Do you really think that the 1070 card creates a bottle neck equivalent to the 1080 / 1080TI cards on an old processor, really ...

Does not belong to a bottleneck. I will be able to give information about the difference between it and 7700K that it is on the main computer. I have no interest in arguing here to get out

Right, it's intriguing I'm ready to do such tests. Fun as if.

Whatever, me and vsync are good friends .. I've been playing on 60 ever since, always locked .. etc. So even better .. We will only refer to the mean and lows, no interest to open

The primes .. but just see what gets stuck and hurt the game experience in terms of the titles coming out this year.

Link to content

Quote of Jabberwock

And you forget another issue, too.

These are people who understand computers, such as shutting down software that won't run in the background while playing.

Possible to play with 4 processor without cores. The question of what kind of dealings you need for this.

And Nick also plays very optimistic games.

indeed. Running a computer in a quality and clean way requires experience, and a process understanding within the gut of the computer and what the hell Macrosopot did there 

With their versions over the years. After 2016 it became a horseshoe, so at home I do not upgrade beyond sp3 = July 2016.

Code people at their core feel contempt for bad code and software houses (or developers) who do this thing, and most of the time they will not set foot in such products

Developers have launched. It's an insult. This is called a raw product or a product of lazy people in development.

In more than one work, I also come across such products, which when measured for their performance reveal poor quality code, and then already at this stage stops the

Continue testing the product. I do not care what the functions of the product are anymore, and what it is , Because it's a failure at the base and it's a show stopper

Midi (for professionals). 

Same thing in the game - the game is no longer interesting if it is badly coded or stuttering. There are tens of thousands of titles anyway, there is no point in wasting time on

One that is badly written. That others will abuse themselves if they want to play it - their problem is not mine.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

@nec_000 I did at the time when I tried to run BF1 (I must admit I do not have rich experience with BF5, at the time before it came out I tried the beta, I saw that it ran even worse and I never touched it again) Clean installation of , Nothing but the game was there. Same problem. Appreciate the offer but you are not talking to someone who does not know how to keep a computer clean, even with a much more powerful processor today the only thing you will find in me is a runner in this background , A kind of habit.

Today with the same video card and another processor the problem is gone. Why exactly? Ask the developers, of the game or of Microsoft. I heard rumors that the issues are related to one of the updates of 10, maybe, don't know. I know the theory of process switching in an operating system, although not strong because the lecturer in this particular course was worth the ass ... in short, do not know where the problem originated - know that in practice this is the case with these processors and I certainly not the only one A bit more powerful processor (4690k). The bottom line is that there are games that kill these processors, that's all. No less and no more. Anyone who takes it any way they want.

If it is BF4 as stated here then it is a different opera, not to be compared. My computer ran this effortlessly. Changes they made to the engine (or anti-cheat systems running in the background, or don't know what) in BF1 dropped these processors to their knees.

Edited By ch33
Link to content

Quote of urib

You're right on 100% ...

nec_000, You're just fooling people! 2500K Gaming Processor In 2019 this is a dead horse!

I have an old computer with I7 3770 + and an 1080 card with 16GB and in modern games I can't scrape 50FPS with VS enabled.

I connected the same card to the new computer with the 9900K processor and nothing compares at all! Heaven and earth.

So please don't bring me examples of games from 2017 / 18 and especially games ספורט.

Like I wrote before, if you get along with 30FPS like in the console then there's no reason to really replace 2500K.

I have no idea what you are raving about, I wrote earlier in the thread and I will come back again: I am at 80-200FPS. 

In Witcher 3 the heavy title to date is considered, reaching 135FPS thanks to 1080ti.  

On 1080 it was 110.

On 980ti was 80-90.

On 390 it was 60-70.

You can clearly see that this is a GPU limitation at all and not a processor.

ב 2016 I peged on 200, just because of the frame cap. Cancel it and it's added to 300 Plus.

In prey I am between 150-220 as well. * I removed the frame cap in the id tech engine that stood at 120 in this title.

In Dishonored, it moves between 80-130.

In all the titles on ultra always.

Stop אתה Mislead the innocent readers, who could still have mistaken money for the nonsense you feed them

Just because you are not experienced Or do not know how to work and configure a computer and system.  

You have a lot more to learn as I am impressed from the side. You lack experience and relevant knowledge - that's all.

Traveled in the strongest Mercedes in modern times = 9900K that you bought it at all for graphic work or If you remember a vertical one,

But this practice has degenerated you and practice on how to work as required and how to properly configure the machine it works with.

And don’t bring us an example of a fucking game from 2018, which is terribly coded, as a reference to something relevant. This is bad code that only processes

With a performance balance still somehow carries it. This is not a measure of anything, and does not interest anyone (who understands anything from his life in the field),

It is only relevant to a handful of dumb computers. Those who think that if there is a problem that only the 100 kg hammer solves, then this is the example

Bring to students. The problem with such an example is with stupid consumers. Not on the computer.

Every sane and reputable software house does not come across a situation that needs F15 to run its own code.

And the solution is not to F15 - the solution is to fix the code.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of coch

Funny section .. I'm with one generation processor in front of you and not even i7 gets stable frames in most games released to date. Control and AC Ods These

Examples of games that do drop down the older processors at lows. I have no idea about your i7 3770 and why you are not reaching 50 ..

I guess you took a game or two as a personal benchmark. Because the following video refutes what you are saying, except for AC Ods which, in general, is excellent acting, as usual Ubisoft Spend games with vegetable market optimization.

Please - (you might try to hurry) even though you can't figure out you're barely scratching 50 .. That's why I said you probably checked out BFV and maybe another game. I used an example in 2600K that is pretty much the same as your processor performance. The video is modern (2019).

Problem with taking 2-3 games as Benchmark. Usually take 20-30 .. that's why nec tells you that you're talking about

Things like that or that, it doesn't include all games or most games. Why did you decide it was a dead horse?

In NIS 500 you build a trinity with Cooling Suitable for aggressive OC quietly. It's not a deception at all .. The opposite, whoever it challenges -

Why buy a new trinity for thousands of shekels? This is one of the goals of the forum here, to show that there are more options and also dead horses

It can be a replacement for a new one. If anyone is looking for a processor for Control and BFV then yes .. it should go for some Reisen. Not even the last,

But something cheaper. At least that's my opinion.

coch,

Let me tell you why Uri is unable to reach stable frames:

Because he did not go in to specialize in games and real time or deepen them as required. He chooses for himself an easy life of laziness.

It is a user style that when the machine is slow (but does not understand why it is slow) instead of delving deeper into learning and handling it properly,

Prefers to work around the problem with the brute force method, even if this is not the effective approach to address the problem.

Similar to a car whose brakes are caught, Uri chooses to put a doubly powerful engine and overcome the added friction, instead of fixing the

The brakes themselves. This is an effective recipe for mental degeneration in our field (as well as in any field by the way). Be lazy and get around the problem

By pouring more money.

There is no problem with this and on the condition that Uri does not increase his rudeness - he sometimes calls professionals (since they know how to deal with the problem) "as misleading factors

The readers. "This is already a boldness that is not acceptable to us, and is not accepted by me.

To learn (this is his problem already).

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of urib

Uri, you're a seismologist.

Can show you titles that even in 1080P on ultra manage to finish the GPU 1080ti the air using 2500k.

Not much, but there are those who in heavy / maximum graphic settings end up with a graphic accelerator. 

I will try to show you a screenshot soon. 

Naturally these will be titles that are optimized as needed, so the CPU processor can reach very high FPS.

So the load (as it should be) is loaded all right - on the GPU.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of ch33

@nec_000 I did at the time when I tried to run BF1 (I must admit I do not have rich experience with BF5, at the time before it came out I tried the beta, I saw that it ran even worse and I never touched it again) Clean installation of Windows, Nothing but the game was there. Same problem. Appreciate the offer but you are not talking to someone who does not know how to keep a computer clean, even with a much more powerful processor today the only thing you will find in me is a runner in this background Drivers, A kind of habit.

Today with the same video card and another processor the problem is gone. Why exactly? Ask the developers, of the game or of Microsoft. I heard rumors that the issues are related to one of the updates of Windows 10, maybe, don't know. I know the theory of process switching in an operating system, although not strong because the lecturer in this particular course was worth the ass ... in short, do not know where the problem originated - know that in practice this is the case with these processors and I certainly not the only one A bit more powerful processor (4690k). The bottom line is that there are games that kill these processors, that's all. No less and no more. Anyone who takes it any way they want.

If it is BF4 as stated here then it is a different opera, not to be compared. My computer ran this effortlessly. Changes they made to the engine (or anti-cheat systems running in the background, or don't know what) in BF1 dropped these processors to their knees.

When you want to understand the process, what makes you stutter, you An investigation process in which a monitoring tool of all relevant components is activated

Please note:

CPU load on all cores.

memory utilization.

swap file utilization and paging traffic.

bus io by component in hardware and there are some such

network io

disk io

kernel and processes 

And a few more ... these are the banal basis.

Then find out where and in what component there is a problem exactly.

Many times a computer is upgraded, but the improvement is certainly not because of the processor (as you think) but because of a completely different reason that it has also changed

Moving to another computer. For example there is more memory, an increase from 8GB to 16GB which is typical. Because when e He is the bottleneck, exists

Too much paging that results in distinct stuttering. For example, a configuration Which introduces processes without proper control and supervision that they are

Necessary in a real time system, but upgrading the computer in the case also led to a reinstallation of the operating system, which solved the

The problem (not the hardware at all).

I repeat - a CPU processor can never lead to a stuttering phenomenon, because its engineering behavior is unable to do

so. Is a continuous linear machine. Imagine it as a gasoline engine of a car - have you ever seen the engine locked / caught in the middle of a ride while

Falling to zero rpm (for half a second), and going back to work again?

Only components that cause a hit of ** full stop ** = stall to tens of milliseconds of magnitude (or more) can be expressed as "stuttering".

To cause tens of milliseconds a total delay / stop, a phenomenon like paging, like a large transfer of information in memory, has to occur.

From wherever it is, such as io against a slow-sized device (such as a hard disk) that the entire system stops and waits for, like

Copying textures in the graphics accelerator that stops it, such as performing a context switch (replacement of a processor in the core of a processor), and the like ...

These and their similarities cause stuttering.

I've had hundreds if not thousands of stuttering or stutter events that I needed to solve in real-time engine careers, even as a farmer in my more distant past,

And in none of the cases is CPU involved. This will always be a problem elsewhere. Also in the code by the way can happen, and find out where the failure is

In the algorithm. 

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

coch,

Let me tell you why Uri is unable to reach stable frames:

Because he did not go in to specialize in games and real time or deepen them as required. He chooses for himself an easy life of laziness.

Is the style of the people who when the machine is slow (but do not understand why it is slow) instead of delving into learning and handling it properly,

Prefers to work around the problem with the brute force method, even if this is not the effective approach to address the problem.

Similar to a car whose brakes are caught, Uri chooses to put a doubly powerful engine and overcome the added friction, instead of fixing the

The brakes themselves. This is an effective recipe for mental degeneration in our field (as well as in any field by the way). Be lazy and get around the problem

By pouring more money.

There is no problem with this and provided that Uri does not increase rudeness - it happens to professionals (since they know how to deal with the problem) "as misleading factors

The readers. "This is already a boldness that is not acceptable to us, and is not accepted by me.

To learn (this is his problem already).

Ego, ego, ego ...

What would be ... I'm misleading when NEC_001 checks an old game like W3 on 1080TI with the 2500K processor and claims that games are running smoothly for it.

Let's see him play a solid 60FPS on his KILL the CONTROL game.

And Dear Lord Coch, the reason I bought 9900K mainly for a living! Being able to play doesn't make me lazy as you say.

Admit it ... you and your friend writing the scrolls mislead forum readers! When you claim there is no problem playing with an old processor and an advanced card.

That's a deception! Most do not perform And want to play games from 2019 60FPS stable in high settings.

And like I said if you have money for an 1080TI or 2080 card then why not invest in a new processor ...?

Interesting ... the bottleneck effect doesn't work on your computers? Oops ... I forgot about you "the smart ones" in the forum.

If there is a person in this forum that I take off the cap on the GPU topic, this is the "Syndrome" user you will learn from.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Sony's Power Show

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises