Max National Card are trying to fool me, what can be done - consumerism - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Max National Card are trying to fool me, what can be done

Tom Snir

Peace,

Long story short, I'll try to shorten it. I had a National Card credit card, I canceled it about 3 months ago. At cancellation status, I was charged with future charges, I paid it and the card was canceled. I have debts that the debt was paid and the card canceled. At the same time, I transferred all the charges that were on this card to a new card (Bezeq, Orange, etc.). I see in the new card that I do pay for these things. So far everything is fine.

A week ago, I received a call from a representative of Leumi Card who says I have a debt of several thousand shekels. I told her it didn't make sense, I didn't have a ticket like that already and I wasn't making any charges, she was responding to threats, sending you an execution, etc. I also received a Wutsap message from her that they had started a legal process in front of me, unless I paid her the debt immediately. After several phone calls, she claimed that there were several sources of this debt, one of them on a Kfar Saba ward (I have no idea what this is, I never did a Kfar Saba circle), a debt in front of the Institute My (also there, I transferred the charge to the new card and they take the money away) and a few other things.

Leumi Card for their part are not interested in settling this matter, every time I talk to their representative it very quickly becomes threats and shouts (they have terrible representatives) and as mentioned started execution. Does anyone have an idea what can be done, other than pay this debt just so they don't come home to me and start taking things? It seems to me that a lawyer will cost me about as much as paying off this debt. I have references that I paid off the previous debt they said I had, and as mentioned the card itself has not been used for months.

Thanks in advance

Link to content

If they really started with execution it could be unpleasant (I sued someone years ago and I won, to this day I have not seen the money, when it is banks everything is agile).
In any case, I would demand a conversation with a manager, if one or another cradle threatens execution I would ask for her full name, team name and inform her that it is hereby solemnly attached to a lawsuit you file with your own hands in small claims court, in addition to an angry email to the company CEO, with Distinguished caption for several communication channels. 
Speaking of communication channels, you will really contact them on Facebook. In addition, contact the 'Ask a Lawyer' group on Facebook. 
These are serious amounts here with a heresy service (as you say), I would not spare any means and try every possible course of action. 

So far, the solution has been general. To the topic itself - Didn't understand what the problem was? Which will help them to detail the charges one by one, and you will check what you paid or not. 
For example, tell her that you are paying with the new card, which will bring up a representative call from the institute and prove that you did not pay it. And so on for every charge. 
Another point is the cancellation itself. Do you have a recorded conversation and evidence that you canceled it? If so, even if they bought a watch for a hundred thousand dollars and went on a shopping trip in Azrieli, it is none of your business. It's their sole fault, and I would not bother to argue with them at all, straight claim.

Link to content

Maybe, though?

https://www.max.co.il/he-il/GeneralPages/Pages/NazivTlunot.aspx

It sounds very strange to me that they can't check the meaning of these charges.

I will try public inquiries, but in the meantime I spoke to National Card 3 representatives and each time it was dragged to shouts and threats after a minute. I understand that being a service representative can be a frustrating job for them, but in life, no strangers shouted at me like last week. 

As for checking the charges, I heard from them a partial list in the last call. Some of the charges are unreasonable in any way, and some I know I no longer pay with this card. When I told the representative this she said I should talk to the business and ask them for a credit for what I paid with the new card because I have to pay it to Leumi Card. Also as stated I have already paid a debt to Leumi Card for so-called deferred charges, so why should I pay again?

I do not rule out that in any way I do not understand that the card will be billed even though it is inactive, and I would be happy to pay this charge if they only explain what it is to me, but the representatives are not ready to hear about it. Pay the amount that appears to them in the system or execution. That's what I've been told several times.

Edited By Tom Snir
Link to content

Why are you letting them scream, I didn't understand? 
You sound very innocent .. 
A simple conversation - first of all, the full name of the representative, from which team and what his role is in the company. 
Then, a very simple question - if the card was canceled and I made a debt settlement on future charges, how are there and why did you let them down?
Another question - do you demand tens of thousands of shekels from me? Please help me tell me what, one by one, even if it is a half shekel charge on gum, I have all day.

Try to connect with all kinds of communication channels, I haven't tried but heard that they are responding to requests - https://www.facebook.com/hakolkalul10/

Link to content

Quote of mzn

If they really started with execution it could be unpleasant (I sued someone years ago and I won, to this day I have not seen the money, when it is banks everything is agile).
In any case, I would require a conversation with a manager, if one or the other threatened to execute, I would ask for her full name, a staff member and let her know that she is hereby solemnly attached to a lawsuit you petition in small claims court, in addition to a furious email to the CEO, with Distinguished caption for several channels תקשורת
Apropo channels תקשורת, Contact them on Facebook really. In addition, contact the 'Ask a lawyer' group on Facebook. 
These are serious amounts here with a heresy service (as you say), I would not spare any means and try every possible course of action. 

So far, the solution has been general. To the topic itself - Didn't understand what the problem was? Which will help them to detail the charges one by one, and you will check what you paid or not. 
For example, tell her that you are paying with the new card, which will bring up a representative call from the institute and prove that you did not pay it. And so on for every charge. 
Another point is the cancellation itself. Do you have a recorded conversation and evidence that you canceled it? If so, even if they bought a watch for a hundred thousand dollars and went on a shopping trip in Azrieli, it is none of your business. It's their sole fault, and I would not bother to argue with them at all, straight claim.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try to write an email and the Facebook group you mentioned. 

My problem with threatening lawsuits is that I know I will not do it. Just consulting a lawyer will cost me about as much as paying their invented debt, which currently ranges from 1500 to 2000 NIS (I have received several messages, each time with a different amount). This is in addition to the debt I had already paid them at the time of canceling the 1450 NIS card for future charges.

As for the recordings, I have only just started recording the conversations with them, so I do not have a recording of the representative who canceled my ticket, it was about 3 months ago. I have a message from them that the debt to them has been paid, and a reference to the amount paid.

As for the charges, I did exactly what you said, I asked for a list of the charges by email, the representative refused. I told her it might be a mistake for them (regarding the NIS 350 to the Kfar Saba municipality on a circle) and she told me they didn't make any mistakes. Her quote.

What is really upsetting is that if they had access to my account long ago they would charge the money and not even ask me. Just because the card was canceled they actually have to actively transfer money to them. 

Link to content

Quote of mzn

Why are you letting them scream, I didn't understand? 
You sound very innocent .. 
A simple conversation - first of all, the full name of the representative, from which team and what his role is in the company. 
Then, a very simple question - if the card was canceled and I made a debt settlement on future charges, how are there and why did you let them down?
Another question - do you demand tens of thousands of shekels from me? Please help me tell me what, one by one, even if it is a half shekel charge on gum, I have all day.

Try to connect with all kinds of communication channels, I haven't tried but heard that they are responding to requests - https://www.facebook.com/hakolkalul10/

I wouldn't say innocent, but really try to avoid as much trouble as possible. 

Everything you've written here makes a lot of sense, I'll try to talk to them again tomorrow, record the conversation, and see what comes out of it. Thanks for the advice and patience!

Link to content

Have fun, let us know and try to stand up for yours. It's a total kid who's been trained to shout on the phone to get money from people. There is no way in the world that they will demand money on charges without elaborating them, it is an offense Criminal in the full sense of the word!
As for the lawsuit, it's really a last resort because it just takes time and loads of nerves, but it's not supposed to cost money at all - it's small claims, without an attorney. 

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

I wanted to update that I did what I recommended here, asked for a detailed list of charges (refuse to say on the phone because , Faxed me) and recorded the call after receiving the detail.

Some of the things there were made up and I refused to pay them, but some were deferred charges, Leumi Card said that because I had a business card or Platinum or something like that, so purchases abroad get an automatic two-month deferral benefit. I did not know about it at all (and neither It's clear to me why this is a benefit ...) but it was a purchase I made so I only paid for them.

They claim that I still have debt but at least the execution was postponed. I wanted to thank those who helped here and once again warn of Leumi Card or Max or what they call themselves today, I have never encountered such violence from service representatives.

Link to content

I would recommend Isracard to me from my experience,

Someone broke into my pay-pal and ironed out almost 1000 shekels, as soon as I noticed, they credited me on the spot with the entire amount and the inquiries were left to themselves, as if my claim was unfounded I would be charged after 30 business days.

Credits from Express, Immediately, etc.

Abroad shopping goes down soon, who's heard of months of rejection? A chutzpah on their part.

for your consideration.

I will use the stage to make it clear to the public that they do not know where to call a manager in any type of large customer service center or another (and I personally know call centers in many areas, including banks), in most centers when you ask / demand / scream to call the manager you will always receive :

Talk to a more experienced and experienced representative who will identify as a manager.

In the best case you will get a call with a PLO, which is actually a veteran (and supposed to be) experienced representative with a slightly higher authority than a regular representative.

One in thousands upon thousands of calls will reach a formal manager who has the power to move things.

In short ...

Doing a public scandal is a nice idea, does not come to despise you, but if it does and will succeed, eat money, it will take time to see.

Why not go for small claims? If your evidence is good and the recorded screams are strong, not only will you be credited with the charges, but you will also come out with a swollen pocket on the part of mental anguish from all that is being done. 

Edited By No-One
Link to content

• 2 weeks later ...

Just disgusting what you describe here. 

And everything else under such magnificent guise on their site, as if they were your best friends. Also treat ...

I will consider continued use. (I got through membership in the Histadrut)

Edited By OvO
Link to content

No-One Quote

Abroad shopping goes down soon, who's heard of months of rejection? A chutzpah on their part.

This is not true, many business cards have a positive postponement of months spent on sand or foreign currency and this is indeed a benefit.

This is for people who travel a lot in the field of work and need to submit travel offers to the client / employer in order to receive reimbursement expenses, the reimbursement usually takes a month-to-month and so you are not left with a hole in your pocket until you get the refund.

Edited By lompy
Link to content

When they present this as an option to change the billing date, it will be interpreted as a benefit, and the customer will decide if he wants to exercise the right.

Not as a default. The default billing should be just like any other card on the market.

Or at least explain to the customer when ordering the ticket / after making a purchase, in an email / message that there is an option to choose when to charge.

But like any issue that suffers from low service awareness (although recently banks and credit card companies are working harder to make themselves accessible online like everyone else) the bank / credit card company will decide what their default is, and the customer will face when he notices an abnormal shift in his current account.

But "hey, we're here for you."

Link to content

The point is that you decide firmly without knowing and without checking first.

The fact that you do not know the benefit / option to reject payments made in the sand does not mean that it does not exist.

You have to be careful when advising people and not necessarily knowing what you are talking about.

In addition, your assumption that in Isracard things would have been different is also not based on anything.

Link to content

Quote of lompy

The fact that you do not know the benefit / option to decline payments made in the sand does not mean that it does not exist

Familiar, also exists in shopping in the country. You can also reject more than that if you ask. I just do not think it makes sense to set it as a default charge to the card without informing the customer.

Quote by Tom Snir

Some of the things there were made up and I refused to pay them, but some were deferred charges, Leumi Card said that because I had a business card or Platinum or something like that, so purchases abroad get an automatic two-month deferral benefit. I did not know about it at all (and neither It's clear to me why this is a benefit ...) but it was a purchase I made so I only paid for them.

Quote of lompy

You have to be careful when advising people and not necessarily knowing what you are talking about.

What exactly did I advise him to do? Take another card with no "benefits" imposed on it as a customer? What to understand here, know a person with a bank account without credit? Maybe there is such a grandmother somewhere.

You realize he doesn't quite understand the logic of that either.

Quote of lompy

In addition, your assumption that in Isracard things would have been different is also not based on anything.

It is not clear to me how you got it, I recommended to Isracard after being shouted at him and as above and above as a company with human service and excellent in my experience as client, And nothing else.

I offered a regular Isracard and not a business card, my assumption is based on my experience of use and service with them, which I recommended. I did not pretend to recommend within the CEO of Isracard.

In my humble opinion the members of the forum here are on the side that there has been mental anguish here and more so at least on the part of their services.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site