32GB - Overkill today? - Processors, Motherboards and Memory - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

32GB - Overkill today?

I plan to buy new specs ...

The principle of consideration is whether to settle for 16GB or already go for 32GB.

My uses are not heavy on principle .. Sometimes, but I do find myself opening lots of tabs in chrome, and probably I'll open some more things too ...

Will it give more breathing space in the future without upgrading memory?

The principle of use is games but that is not too much either ... and maybe in the future I will start to do some editing ..

Does gaming today really have a difference between 8GB and 16 for example?

Link to content

Quote of zone glide

My uses are not heavy on principle .. Sometimes, but I do find myself opening lots of tabs in chrome, and probably I'll open some more things too ...

Will it give more breathing space in the future without upgrading memory?

Does not require 32GB.

Quote of zone glide

The principle of use is games but that is not too much either ... and maybe in the future I will start to do some editing ..

Buying a new computer, think ahead. If there is an option that the use will be somewhere between 16 and 32 in terms of editing usage and the like,

So look at the difference in money between 16 and 32 and if that justifies it .. it's up to you.

Quote of zone glide

Does gaming today really have a difference between 8GB and 16 for example?

Yes. We are in 2019. Buy a New Modern Gaming Computer You Should Go For 16. 8 can suffice, not recommend experience.

Link to content

By the way, Chrome has a plugin
The Great Suspender
The same goes for Firefox
Auto Tab Discard
How Much Memory Do You Need: 8, 16 or 32GB or RAM? - toms hardware - April 22, 2019

a quote

16GB: The Sweet Spot
Today, 16GB is the sweet spot between price and capacity for most enthusiasts and gamers. That amount gives you the headroom to do a couple of things at once, without having to close tabs or applications to exceed your availability .

Even with The Division 2 using 11 GB (system total), keeping a browser up with 14 tabs, using MS Word, and streaming Twitch in the background, I used around 14 GB. This is getting close to the 16 GB limit, but how often are you really leaving all your work open and playing a game?

My personal system has 32 GB in total and I find it difficult to go over even 16GB with my use model. My typical use includes gaming, MS Word and Excel, photo manipulation in Paint.Net and keeping a dozen or more browser tabs open.

If you're a professional, however, your needs are different. Those who are rendering large files or doing other memory intensive work should consider going with 32GB or more. But outside of those kinds of use cases, most of us can get by just fine with 16GB.

Edited By RoronoaZoro
Link to content

Quote of coch

Does not require 32GB.

Buying a new computer, think ahead. If there is an option that the use will be somewhere between 16 and 32 in terms of editing usage and the like,

So look at the difference in money between 16 and 32 and if that justifies it .. it's up to you.

Yes. We are in 2019. Buy a New Modern Gaming Computer You Should Go For 16. 8 can suffice, not recommend experience.

There is about a difference of 200 considering something like that ..

worth it?

Some told me not and maybe it is better to invest it elsewhere ..

Maybe in Any GEN4? 

Link to content

Quote of zone glide

There is about a difference of 200 considering something like that ..

worth it?

Some told me not and maybe it is better to invest it elsewhere ..

Maybe inNVMe Any GEN4? 

It seems to me that it is more straightforward to see the specification's discussion with the full budget including the exception to help you decide even though currently 16GB will suffice and if you start messing with the editing you will upgrade ...

Edited By RoronoaZoro
Link to content

Quote of zone glide

I think differently ..

You seem to have already decided then why you ask at all🤔
Invest the extra

Quote of zone glide

200 considered something like that ..

And the story ends if money is not a problem.

Just answer the questionnaire in your consultation before consulting a computer to get specifications based on your needs.

Edited By RoronoaZoro
Link to content

Oh well, think a little .. My intention in my response was to your post before you edited it .. You can't make the claim of "here you have already decided so why you ask at all" if you edited your post ... I didn't see the edit at all ... .

The questionnaire is irrelevant in this case .. It is a completely different consultation .. It is not that I have a budget and I just ask for a recommendation for something specific .. I discuss first of all ..

Link to content

Quote of zone glide

Oh well, think a little .. My intention in my response was to your post before you edited it .. You can't make the claim of "here you have already decided so why you ask at all" if you edited your post ... I didn't see the edit at all ... .

The questionnaire is irrelevant in this case .. It is a completely different consultation .. It is not that I have a budget and I just ask for a recommendation for something specific .. I discuss first of all ..

My edit was to make it clearer (it needs discussion with you) and I can argue that you answer a clear and unobtrusive short answer and end up complaining, and what to ask here is that a Google search will not give you the answer asked countless times across the web that you seem to need it "Think a little"🤦️️
You got clear answers will give you 16GB (same answer you received in a consultation discussion before buying a computer so let's ask again🤦️️) Unless you just want to open 300 tabs in chrome to keep them open + playing (not quite a logical use) and maybe editing in the future doesn't mean ...
The questionnaire is relevant and does not really require you to purchase it will only make the whole thing clearer and we can really see where to invest the same 200 + +.

Edited By RoronoaZoro
Link to content

Editing will undercut what you have and ask for more. Especially when it comes to high-separation materials.

But personally, 32 is more than enough for most uses (I have), and overall 32 or more really needs mostly for editing, and maybe virtual machines (VMs). Then you need as many cores and capillaries as possible to allow multiple machines at the same time.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site