Consultation on Professional Conversion to the MCSA Network Area at 41 Online Course - Study and Work Proposals - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Consultation on professional retraining for the field of MCSA networks at age 41 in an online course

O BRM

Hello everyone,
I am an 41 from Hasharon area and after years of working in a dull gray area (pension insurance portfolio management) I want to do professional retraining.

I have a very high orientation in the field of computing (before entering insurance I was a computer technician) and I want to study MCSE now to enter the networking world.

I must point out that two years ago I already did a course through John Bryce in Java programming, but after a year of not even coming back to me, after sending a resume to many places, I want to try the network management field, which I think is more accessible in terms of employment options (Lighten my eyes if I'm wrong).

Because I no longer have the extra 15,000 and 20,000 NIS extra for a course at one of the colleges (I already spent this amount at John Bryce) I want to learn from the internet from home. I have the necessary self-discipline and the necessary self-teaching (at my age, the righteous man knows how to die). At the recommendation of a friend I came to the site https://www.practicu.com Which offers unlimited access to the site's content at NIS 350 per month with no minimum period commitment etc. The site offers a variety of courses in management And programming and as mentioned for only NIS 350 per month, without obligation, all courses and videos are open to me as well as a telephone open line for consultation with the lecturer if needed.

Now I did a Google search on this site and didn't find any conclusive reviews here or there. What I did find is recommendations on similar sites from abroad that are cheaper and maybe even better, such as:
https://www.cbtnuggets.com
https://www.pluralsight.com
https://www.lynda.com

(I will have no problem learning English)

I must point out that I have been wandering around the foreign sites for a while and I have not seen it as neat as the Israeli site. For example, this result for MCSA in cbtnuggets:
https://www.cbtnuggets.com/search?q=MCSA

Somewhat cumbersome ... it is unclear who against whom, to choose green in the field like me. On the Israeli site, this is very neat and accessible.

There were also reactions around the net just to go study alone and for free from the free stuff that exists on the net (which I think is less inviting because then I have to "build" the course myself and I don't know what to do and what dose, I don't even know where to start, what material to rely on Etc. etc')

And here's where my tedious post ends - what do you say?

Give chance tohttps://www.practicu.com Israeli? Going to study sites from abroad? Do you have any recommendations on which site? Which course on one site or another?

And in general, light your eyes on your experience and everything that comes to mind in the light of my long post ...

Edited By O BRM
Adding content
Link to content

Quote by O BRM

There were also reactions around the net just to go study alone and for free from the free stuff that exists on the net (which I think is less inviting because then I have to "build" the course myself and I don't know what to do and what dose, I don't even know where to start, what material to rely on Etc. etc')

This, in my opinion, is a bit of a problem in your words. In this area courses are at best product exposure + tips. Everything is done in practice. Experience, self-study and flexibility are the most important (in my opinion) qualities in the field.

Are you saying you are an auto didact? Excellent. Read guides, pick yourself up Small at home (server + client) and start experimenting.

If you have enough You can run them virtual on one computer.

In my opinion, this is the best way to know if it is right for you and get practical experience.

Link to content

• 2 months later ...

Don't want to sue you though MCSE \MCSA will not promote you and not sure you will find a job. There are a host of colleges (in the eyes of pretty rubbish) that produce MCSA graduates and other computing professions at a dizzying pace. Competition is tough and unfortunately many of the jobs will favor young people. In my opinion the smartest thing you can do is learn Anything (Web / Android / Python, etc.), open a GitHab account, upload projects there and let people be impressed. Build a website, upload a digital resume (not DPF), present interesting projects and this is the way.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site