I would love to get opinions from professionals on the Java project I wrote - Programming - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

I would love to receive expert reviews on a Java project I wrote

O BRM

Here's a project I've done it all - server side and front end.  

Written in java, spring and hibernate I used cloud platform

What do you think?
https://testtm-161312.appspot.com/

Here is the project code for your reference:

https://github.com/obrm/HagalimAttendanceSystem

There is a bonus - in the names of the students

Edited By O BRM
Adds the code to a project from github
Link to content

Beautiful, looks invested and a lot of work, hope you don't hurt my comments.

Technical notes on the front end:

- Not optimized for mobile!

- Angular 1 based is a system that was replaced a long time ago and is not recommended for creating new projects

- There is no consolidation and minimization of assets, you will learn to use webpack

- The Show All Students button gives me an error message

Notes on system design and usability:

- No different users and permissions system? Everything is open to everyone?

- The main page of the system, think about who the standard user is and show him only what he needs on a regular basis. Things like the form of adding a new school that is used maybe twice a year should not be on the main page. 

- All the forms for adding the entities are on one huge page, it is inconvenient and useless, it is common for each form to have a separate page.

Regarding source code if you really want someone to look at it then upload it to github or similar service. Honestly I would expect it to be there already, who today does not use version control tools in project development?

Edited By etal
Link to content

Quote of etal

Beautiful, looks invested and a lot of work, hope you don't hurt my comments.

Technical notes on the front end:

- Not optimized for mobile!

- Angular 1 based is a system that was replaced a long time ago and is not recommended for creating new projects

- There is no consolidation and minimization of assets, you will learn to use webpack

- The Show All Students button gives me an error message

Notes on system design and usability:

- No different users and permissions system? Everything is open to everyone?

- The main page of the system, think about who the standard user is and show him only what he needs on a regular basis. Things like the form of adding a new school that is used maybe twice a year should not be on the main page. 

- All the forms for adding the entities are on one huge page, it is inconvenient and useless, it is common for each form to have a separate page.

Regarding source code if you really want someone to look at it then upload it to github or similar service. Honestly I would expect it to be there already, who today does not use version control tools in project development?

As for github, they really commented on this in another forum, so I put it up there.

https://github.com/obrm/HagalimAttendanceSystem

For the rest of the comments I will definitely take my attention

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site