Converting high-tech professionals at age 50 + - to or not? - Study and job offers - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Converting high-tech professionals at age 50 + - to or not?

Adi Jaeger

I'm a little old 48, without a college degree working in quality control as a quality controller.

Today I am considering a retraining course for Qa software reviewer and want to know if you can pass this course without any previous background, as well as whether you can find a job at this age and would be happy to receive advice from you.

Edited By Adi Jaeger
Link to content

I do not know about the difficulty in finding a job and if it is age related in this field, what since I have a girlfriend who did it at 45 and she really was not too technological before moving to games she played when she was a teenager and writing in WORD and such, she studied INT and was satisfied, they Arrange for her a job after and in terms of materials she did not encounter any difficulties more than her younger ones, I understood from her that the content is clear and the lecturers work in the field and convey the material well, I am also considering retraining and considering this course with them

Edited By Dawn Ze'evi
Link to content

Thanks to Dawn, it is certainly encouraging but still hard to decide because I see how age still does its thing and how it is still treated differently, so not necessarily for the good people of that age.

That is why the decision is very important to me, and it is a pity that there are not enough people who respond.

And thanks again and a fun weekend to everyone.

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...
Quote of Ivan

Already age 35 in high-tech is considered too old. It is very difficult to find a job at the age of 35 even with experience and a good name. From experience., Takes about a year if at all.

not always.

I am 41 and have not had any problems.

My father worked in the field until he retired.

None of us come in at this age, but if you're after a first job then it sounds perfectly possible to me.

Does the post developer have the option of being accepted for one job (family, friends, other options)

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site