Connecting to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18 - Programming - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Connecting to Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 18

meir4321

Let's start from the base.

Do you understand that the SQL server and the downloaded software are two different things?

What you downloaded is a program that connects to the SQL server, not the SQL itself.

Apologies if it's already clear to you but I don't know how much you know.

Link to content

No, I didn't know these were 2 different things and thank you for telling me.

The reason I downloaded is because in the software testing course we are now also learning SQL

And in the course we are working on SQL MANAGEMEt

And I wanted to practice what we do there at home.

What I need to do is basically set up a table that simulates DB, and then all kinds of queries in SQL ..

Link to content

I recommend learning the Express version.

Basically this version is limited in all kinds of exams with the main limit being DB up to 10GB in size.

Not something that should bother you with your studies:

Read:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQL_Server_Express

Download:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-editions-express

Successfully.

editing:

If you want a sample DB to give it a try you are not the first. Try the free DB that almost everyone learns about ...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/data/adonet/sql/linq/downloading-sample-databases

Edited By yigael_o
Link to content

Quote by meir4321

No, I didn't know these were 2 different things and thank you for telling me.

The reason I downloaded is because in the software testing course we are now also learning SQL

And in the course we are working on SQL MANAGEMEt

And I wanted to practice what we do there at home.

What I need to do is basically set up a table that simulates DB, and then all kinds of queries in SQL ..

SQL is built from the engine itself which is the database and receiving links which version to download.
The software you already installed is just an interface that connects to the SQL database.
Allowing you to take action on it.

When you're done installing, we'll probably go back and talk about connecting
The first is by the user of the machine (the computer you are sitting on)
The second by creating usages in SQL 

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside