Transfer files without asking in the middle of troublesome questions - Computer Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Transferring files without asking in the middle of troublesome questions

Myrath

Hi, everyone,

Whenever I transfer files, especially when backing up the computer, I have to "watch" the process to mark "Do for everyone" and "Skip" when prompted.

Is there a function in the settings or file transfer software that you can take care of these things in advance (and then I can back up the files quietly during the night)?

Thanks

post Scriptum.

If anyone is familiar with a Chrome extension / application that allows site monitoring and notification when there is a change - I'd love to suggest :)

Link to content

Quote of Myrath

Hi, everyone,

Whenever I transfer files, especially when backing up the computer, I have to "watch" the process to mark "Do for everyone" and "Skip" when prompted.

Is there a function in the settings or file transfer software that you can take care of these things in advance (and then I can back up the files quietly during the night)?

Thanks

Unfortunately Microsoft is really backwards about copying files, it cannot be copied by

There is a software called TERACOPY you can also install it as the copy manager and set at the beginning of the copy skip everything there is a pause option and more, at the end of the copy if it has not been part it presents a report, I recommend the older version (2) - a more convenient interface. There is also an interface in Hebrew.

There are also backup software that is completely different in name.

Link to content

Quote by Eli Jordan

Unfortunately Microsoft is really backwards about copying files, it cannot be copied by Windows

There is a software called TERACOPY you can also install it as the copy manager and set at the beginning of the copy skip everything there is a pause option and more, at the end of the copy if it has not been part it presents a report, I recommend the older version (2) - a more convenient interface. There is also an interface in Hebrew.

Thanks so much my friend, I will try it!

Link to content

In addition to the previous offer, we recommend free software called FreeFileSync. It is a very powerful backup tool - basically just for your use. You can compare two folders and preset what happens in each situation - for example, what happens if the file exists in the destination folder but is older? Copy anyway or ignore? What happens if a file exists in the destination folder and not the source? Do you want to delete it? and so'.

For all these questions you can create a template and also configure it to be done automatically.

Link to content

Quote by Eli Jordan

Unfortunately Microsoft is really backwards about copying files, it cannot be copied by Windows

Thanks so much, I tried and it seems to work!

Link to content

Quote by A. Nussbaum

Very interesting, this is a problem that bothers me, and a lot more

indeed.

And on these invitations - thank you so much to everyone and this wonderful forum.

If Tara Kofi is not enough, I will also try the additional software.

many thanks!

Link to content

Quote of House MD

In addition to the previous offer, we recommend free software called FreeFileSync. It is a very powerful backup tool - basically just for your use. You can compare two folders and preset what happens in each situation - for example, what happens if the file exists in the destination folder but is older? Copy anyway or ignore? What happens if a file exists in the destination folder and not the source? Do you want to delete it? and so'.

For all these questions you can create a template and also configure it to be done automatically.

Hi, thank you. It sounds just like what I need, but unfortunately the software is very intuitive :/

How do I The actual copy? By comparison?

Link to content

Quote by Eli Jordan

Hi, I checked in depth. Looks really comfortable!

The thing is, I don't know whether to mark "who wrote everything" (because then he still comes in claims when there is a substantial discrepancy / failure) or "skip all" - so I'm afraid he will make me copies of all files or not replace an old file with a recent file? .. .

Edited By Myrath
Link to content

Quote of Myrath

Hi, thank you. It sounds just like what I need, but unfortunately the software is very intuitive :/

How do I operation The actual copy? By comparison?

Comparison is what you do before copying, and before comparison you have to click on the settings button next to and decide what you want for each mode between the two folders. After comparing, you should look that everything looks fine (about what the software is going to do) and then click Sync (green arrows).

Edited By House MD
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site