NVME or SATA? - Storage - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

NVME or SATA?

kaboonkal

I am planning to replace one of my HDDs soon (already making noise and working properly right now, but it seems to be approaching its last days) and thought of the way to replace the SSD as well.

I currently have an EVO 860 250GB which does a great job, but my requirements have changed a bit and I need a larger volume so I think I'm aiming for 1TB already.

I understand my neighborhood Provide several high write / read speeds, but I'm not sure how relevant it is to me.

My uses are mainly gaming and code writing in terms of the SSD, in the heavy files the HDD handles.

Is there any point in squinting even in the direction of And the prices it comes at (I understand the difference in speeds will be felt almost only in large file transfers, rendering, etc.), or is the logical move to stick to SATA?

In addition - I would love to receive a recommendation for SSD (one or the other, according to the answer to the previous question) of 1TB (there is no such financial restriction, but you probably should not spend NIS 500 more for a minimal improvement in performance that will not be felt daily).

Link to content

1TB will cost you between 500-600 NIS.
the difference between To SATA at a price hardly noticeable in this volume.
There is the model of I would like to buy less than NIS 600 with a coupon of NIS 60 off at KSP.
 Example of SATA https://ksp.co.il/?select=.1033..152..371.&kg=&list=1&sort=2&glist=1&uin=45471&txt_search=&buy=&minprice=0&maxprice=0&intersect=&rintersect=&store_real=

Example for NVME  https://ksp.co.il/?select=.1033..152..371.&kg=&list=1&sort=2&glist=1&uin=70536&txt_search=&buy=&minprice=0&maxprice=0&intersect=&rintersect=&store_real=

Link to content

Quote of none77

What motherboard if?

B360-HD3- It has M2 with PCIE traffic.

Quote of shlomishlomi

1TB will cost you between 500-600 NIS.
the difference between NVMe To SATA at a price hardly noticeable in this volume.
There is the model of ADATA I would like to buy less than NIS 600 with a coupon of NIS 60 off at KSP.
 Example of SATA https://ksp.co.il/?select=.1033..152..371.&kg=&list=1&sort=2&glist=1&uin=45471&txt_search=&buy=&minprice=0&maxprice=0&intersect=&rintersect=&store_real=

Example for NVME  https://ksp.co.il/?select=.1033..152..371.&kg=&list=1&sort=2&glist=1&uin=70536&txt_search=&buy=&minprice=0&maxprice=0&intersect=&rintersect=&store_real=

2 Questions:

1. Know the course , But don't know what SSD / NVME status is, reliable? Any performance falls? How compared to Samsung / Intel?

2. Is the price increase (although "only" about 150, but still extra) justified for my uses? Will there be a significant improvement?

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Gaming treats for the weekend

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside