Video card problem (probably) and question about upgrade - video cards - HWzone forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Video card problem (probably) and question about upgrade

ElPelado

Hello everyone

I have a computer I got a few months ago

It's a relatively old computer

Its specification is:

i5 750 @ 2.67 GHz (4 cores)

DDR3 12 Gb (2x2 + 2x4)

ATI HS 4770, 512 Mb

Win10

Motherboard: P55M-UD2

There are 2 Terra HDDs, one is divided into 2 (half each)

The problem I have is that every now and then, the computer just hangs up and nothing responds until you turn it off. A small percentage of the time I see a blue screen and then I realize that the problem is related to a video card. It probably isn't Because I updated several times. I did some testing for the computer's RAM and it works fine. Which is why I suspect the problem is with a video card.

The problem can appear hours after the computer is on, or shortly after the shutdown.

While watching order / series, and also while using the browser.

What I thought was to check what happens if I disconnect the card for a few days and only use the built-in card. There are problems with this:

1. The computer is connected to a TV (other than a computer screen) so I often use it to watch things on TV. Disconnecting the card will not allow me that

2. There are periods where some days the malfunction does not happen. And so even if I cut off the card for a few days and nothing happens, that doesn't necessarily mean it's the problem

If there are any ideas for further investigation of the problem - I'd love to hear

And on the other - are there any recommendations for an alternate video card?

I don't play heavy games.

Yes does make some edits in Lightroom / Photoshop, but not too heavy.

Yes I would like to have the opportunity to play games like the last one that came out Even if not the best quality it allows. But if that means the price jumps too high, then I'm ready to give up.

Up to 1000 shekels guess that's fine. If less is possible, good too

And if at all you think it is better not to invest in upgrading this computer and it is better to go for a brand new computer, then I will consider it ...

Thanks!

Link to content

Quote by nehoray26

This is usually an operating system problem 

Which Operating System Installed 

And is the license valid or hacked

Windows 10 Like I said, Peru

To my knowledge - legal. But again, I got the computer from a friend, so I asked less questions .......

Why do you think this could be related to an operating system?

Link to content

Quote by nehoray26

This is exactly the system that I received this problem several times and when it installed a valid serial it worked (the truth is that I also replaced the installation) but I'm not sure it's related 

It is probably a bug in the hack or you are looking for another hack ...

I will try to see if it is outbreak or not

In your case, would you also accept that there was a problem with the card driver when it was blue

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

Sony's Power Show

The Japanese maker has made an impressive appearance for its PlayStation 5 console, with a large number of new gameplay videos and some special surprises

new on the site