Stationary computer for heavy software development 5000 NIS - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A desktop computer for heavy software development NIS 5000

1. What is the maximum budget? Is there an exception if necessary?

We will start from NIS 5000, if necessary can exceed NIS 1000 and if there is a justifiable reason to spend more due to the requirements I am open to hearing why.

2. What useful computer (games, graphic editing, office work, HD content, for example), is there a specific example of a game or software?

Heavy software development.

Kernel compilations, cross compilations, loads of tabs, loads of documentation, VMs, containers * at the same time *.

I ask:

As powerful a budget as possible (more cores better, than Clock).

32GB minimum memory.

Fast storage (NVMe?) Of 512GB / 1TB and that's it .

There is no need to invest in a video card at all, * but * there must be an option to connect 3 1080p screens.

Preferably a network card of (Gigabit) but not binding.

3. Do you need peripheral equipment (eg keyboard, mouse, speakers And screen)?

Nothing, just a "box"

4. Is there a basic component that does not need to be included in the specification? (Eg Drive SSD Which already exists and can be added to the assembly)

No

5. How important is silent computer operation?

not interesting.

6. Is there a limit or preference for the physical size and weight of the computer, lights, etc.?

Not interesting and no aesthetics needed.

7. Is there a need to include an OS / Office (preferably a preferred version) and / or a computer in the store?

Nothing - The operating system that fixes this .

8. Is there a preference to purchase the computer from a specific store? If you can not specify a residential area.

no preference.

9. When is the computer purchase planned (it is highly desirable to request a specification shortly before buying)?

next month.

10. Are there any special requests regarding ports and connections (eg USB Type-C or FireWire)?

See section 2.

11. Is it important to keep the computer upgrade horizon?

Not interesting at all.

12. Additional notes, detailed and miscellaneous details:

If there is an easy option to do OC or uptake things I'm ready for that.

Thank you,

appreciate that.

Link to content

12 cores with slight exception:
This Specification Created @ www.tms.co.il

CPU:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Box
    Qty: 1 - Price: ₪ 1880
CPU Cooling:
be quiet! CPU Cooling Shadow Rock 2
    Qty: 1 - Price: ₪ 196
Motherboards:
Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO
    Qty: 1 - Price: ₪ 560
RAM Memory:
DDR4 16G / 3200 CL16 XPG GAMMIX D10 A-DATA
    Qty: 2 - Price: ₪ 729
Cases:
be quiet! Case PURE BASE 500 Metallic Gray
    Qty: 1 - Price: ₪ 327
Power Supplies:
ANTEC PSU 550W EARTHWATTS GOLD PRO
    Qty: 1 - Price: ₪ 317
Solid State Drives (SSD):
Addlink SSD 1.0TB S70 M.2 2280 NVME
    Qty: 1 - Price: ₪ 711
Video Cards:
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4G GV-N105TD5-4GD
    Qty: 1 - Price: ₪ 660
Total: ₪ 5380
Price in Eilat: ₪ 4598

Will Compete with every offer or specifications in the Forums.
The prices are including VAT and for Credit card up to 12 equal payments.
https://www.tms.co.il/95935

Link to content

^^^ Indeed, for such a processor I would go for the MSI

In addition, depending on which ports the screens need. The 1050TI has a port , DVI and DP

If you need more diverse ports then this

https://www.tms.co.il/112663620g

There are more ports that are relevant to new screens X 2, DP X 2 and DVI

Edited By lompy
Link to content

Thanks for the comments.

Regarding video card ports, I'll take care of the adapters.

Still the 1050TI is the overkill for my requirements ... (You chose it because it's the cheapest video card that supports 3 screens right?)

What I'm currently seeing is either:

- to take 9900 and use its internal video card (it has 3 screens). (Maybe even buy K and make him an overclock)

- go on the This one with a minimal video card.

What better way in terms of requirements? Because this 1050 TI tended to throw money just for the option to connect 3 screens (which is critical).

As for storage, it's all significant for me - is the addlink you offered good or is there an advantage to investing more there and getting more performance?

* What does vrm mean?

Edited By infrequent
Link to content

Quote of infrequent

What do you mean by vrm?

voltage regulator module This is the system that is responsible for a stable power supply to the processor.

Quote of infrequent

- to take Intel 9900 and use its internal video card (it has 3 screens). (Maybe even buy K and make him an overclock)

In an Intel-based system, much of what you "saved" on the video card came out on For a more expensive processor and motherboard. In practice it is not so simple to find a board with 3 ports for screens that would also be recommended for a processor like the 9900. Cheap boards do not have VRM that can handle such a processor and in expensive boards you will find that screen connections are a very low priority because the assumption is that everyone is buying an external card. Buy a K processor and make it This also means board and cooling are even more expensive in addition to the previous limitations.

Quote of infrequent

Walk on theAMD This one with a minimal video card.

What better way in terms of requirements? Because this 1050 TI tended to throw money just for the option to connect 3 screens (which is critical).

It sounds like a mostly psychological problem, it gives you the connections you need and 4 more cores in the processor, not such a bad value for 600 shekels.

Quote of infrequent

Regarding storage, this is a significant total for me - is the Addlink you have offered good or is there an advantage to investing there more and getting more Performence ?

You can choose between Addlink and ADATA or , Everyone uses the same controllers with them And with identical performance. At a higher price there is the Samsung which nowadays also their performance is about the same maybe the reliability a bit better. You can invest in X570 board and with Supports PCIE4 to theoretically get better performance, I'm not at all sure it actually translates to any improvement in the type of jobs you describe.

Link to content

Quote of etal

voltage regulator module This is the system that is responsible for a stable power supply to the processor.

In an Intel-based system, much of what you "saved" on the video card came out on Cooling For a more expensive processor and motherboard. In practice it is not so simple to find a board with 3 ports for screens that would also be recommended for a processor like the 9900. Cheap boards do not have VRM that can handle such a processor and in expensive boards you will find that screen connections are a very low priority because the assumption is that everyone is buying an external card. Buy a K processor and make it Overclock This also means board and cooling are even more expensive in addition to the previous limitations.

It sounds like a mostly psychological problem, it gives you the connections you need and 4 more cores in the processor, not such a bad value for 600 shekels.

You can choose between Addlink and ADATA or HP, all using the same controllers with the same memories and people Performence Identical. At a higher price there is the Samsung which nowadays also their performance is about the same maybe the reliability a bit better. You can invest in an X570 board and with storage supporting PCIE4 get theoretically Performence Better, I'm not at all sure it actually translates to any improvement in the kind of work you describe.

thanks for the reply.

The last time I bought a computer, talking about VRM was just in circles Extreme - so it's a little new to me for a stock processor ...

Let's summarize and close the discussion:

- If I do not invest in a quality motherboard, even in the stock I will not significantly exploit the processor (the Or Intel at issue). I assume over 20% performance impairment in Full utilization yes?

- In the system you proposed, you recommend me to do ? How much can you increase the frequency on average without raising the voltage almost? If there are recommended guides that you know about the processor I would love to send.

- Upgrading the storage will result in a marginal improvement in performance and improvement in reliability (what is the point? There is no distant vision for the future) against another budget deviation. Yes ?

- It's not a psychological problem, the job buying me the computer and buying a video card looks "on paper" like a waste of money. Anyway, I understood your arguments and will probably stick to.

again,

Thanks.

Link to content

This processor, like most processors today, is designed to automatically run according to the 'mode', temp components, etc.

At r9 3900x ranges for a system without the most expensive boards, expensive cooling, etc., all cores will reach an effort of 4-4.2 MHz, estimate that with a board with low medium VRM and reasonable cooling the range will be 3.6-4.0MHz, there are many variables, the board, , Enclosure, room temp, etc.

It is also affected by the type of calculation.

I'm with r9 3900x

asus tuf gaming plus

SHADOW ROCK TF 2

3200MHz CL 16 Memory

When computing in a continuous effort all cores on 4.0-4.1MHz, usually closer to 4.1, I have not yet run in the summer.

The board offered you fine, simply the small difference MSI offers a nice improvement, it has no competitors in its price range.

Edited By none77
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site