Slow Wifi Speed ​​- Had 4 Hot Technicians Today - Tech Support - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Slow WiFi Speed ​​- I had 4 Hot Technicians today

onetwo

Hey,

I have a 100 mega pack of With a Hotbox 1 router.

We always got about 40 MB in the rooms.

A few days ago, suddenly the speed became between 2-5 mega.

I was with a service representative for about an hour and a half on the phone where she tried to change all kinds of things (frequencies, grids and more) which did not help.

Today, a total of 4 technicians arrived, one of them also a technician Who worked on the box outside.

They changed the connectors (not that I know what that means), replaced the router with a new plastic router called Hotbox 2

And made all kinds of changes.

Bottom line after all the changes, the speed remained the same ... a few single mega.

The last technician told me that he didn't know what to tell me, and that they did everything possible.

what am I supposed to do now???

Link to content

If in a wired connection you get good speed (even if not at 100%, it is still much more than what you have registered for wireless) then there is nothing to do with the box outside and they are just wasting their time.

The problem is net inside the house and can be due to a problem with the router, end devices (computers / phones, etc.) or an unusual load of wireless transmission in your environment (from neighbors' networks, for example).

Because you recorded it all started at one time on all devices then the problem is unlikely.

Try playing with the wireless channels (you can use apps that help find the most available channels) to see if that fixes the problem.

Hotbox rules are known to be really bad wireless routers.

If after playing with the channels you can not solve the problem I would recommend you to turn the hotbox into a modem only and buy a private router, this is what a lot of hotbox owners do.

I purchased TP-Link C7 and am very pleased, the wifi is faster and more stable, including the 5GHz frequency and the router also includes some advanced options that I was missing from the Hotbox.

Keep up to date with developments.

Link to content

In the current state with Corona (COVID-19) I doubt I would order a technician probably not 4.

a quote

The virus also goes into direct contact, when a carrier touches an object, a healthy person touching the same object may also become infected.

Quote of onetwo

Sometimes it's high, 80 to 99, sometimes around 60, sometimes around 40, sometimes it doesn't connect, it changes.

🤔
https://www.mako.co.il/nexter-internet/Article-b2120911972f071027.htm
AoPYItR.png

Link to content

Quote of onetwo

Hey,

I have a 100 mega pack of Hot With a Hotbox 1 router.

We always got about 40 MB in the rooms.

A few days ago, suddenly the speed became between 2-5 mega.

I was with a service representative for about an hour and a half on the phone where she tried to change all kinds of things (frequencies, grids and more) which did not help.

Today, a total of 4 technicians arrived, one of them also a technician Networks Who worked on the box outside.

They changed the connectors (not that I know what that means), replaced the router with a new plastic router called Hotbox 2

And made all kinds of changes.

Bottom line after all the changes, the speed remained the same ... a few single mega.

The last technician told me that he didn't know what to tell me, and that they did everything possible.

what am I supposed to do now???

Is your connection to devices is Or wires? Do you live in a building or a private home? If it is a connection , Check wiring speed. If the speed is correct with a direct connection to the router, you probably have a new interference in the frequencies. That is - it is likely that someone has activated their own connection in a high-transmission area that interferes with your connection. You can play with the broadcast frequencies on the router itself, but that will only partially help. The real solution is to shield against the external transmission, or find the source and ask to change frequencies that will not overlap with yours.

Link to content

You go too far. The problem is simply overloading the wired and wireless internet (the telephone network).
Already the network is almost fully utilized while the entire public works from home and the rest of the children consume Internet content following the Corona, add to it that we are the world leaders in using networks

And you got 200 mega acting like 56K on the wired network
And from 80-140 MB on the telephone network to about 8-12 MB.
Everything is unstable, everything changes from minute to minute

Just be patient, I am experiencing the same phenomenon, Hot + Hottant, and make an impression that the Internet Hottent is much slower than another provider I have tried under the same infrastructure and yet still speeds a third if not a quarter of the time (probably overloading the hubs themselves)
* Even the communications office contacted Netflix to limit the speed and quality of the content to the country for them to survive, and of course they survive, The internet will not collapse but the user experience will certainly hurt.

Edited By andralamusya
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site