Is it possible to add volume to SSD? - Storage - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Is it possible to add volume to SSD?

zone glide

There is some system that has a drive Of 256GB, and 1TB hard drive.

Now the thing is that the person is using some editing software, and all projects are kept on the main drive of the system.

And the project and video retention goal cannot be changed to another drive, it has been tested and not possible - the company seems to have eliminated this option for some reason.

What is the option to upgrade volume now? Just replace SSD?

Or maybe you can buy SATA And somehow combine?

Link to content

Quote of zone glide

There is some system that has a drive NVMe Of 256GB, and 1TB hard drive.

Now the thing is that the person is using some editing software, and all projects are kept on the main drive of the system.

And the project and video retention goal cannot be changed to another drive, it has been tested and not possible - the company seems to have eliminated this option for some reason.

What is the option to upgrade volume now? Just replace SSD?

Or maybe you can buy SATA SSD And somehow combine?

You can also replace the disk of the target, in any case you have not written whether it is mobile or stationary, you should write some computer model or motherboard.

Link to content

Any drive you buy will not be able to "add" it to an existing drive, so the options that are currently being checked again if you can still change the save location. Or replace the system drive if the problem is You can replace the system and all the software with it, if it doesn't You can add a SATA drive and move to it or replace the drive of the system which is probably M2

Link to content

I'm saying that if you really can't change the location of the file, the only option is to replace the system drive. You do not have to replace the M2 drive you can also add a SATA drive With the volume you want and need to move the drive of the system [the performance may be a bit less but not something significant]

Allows software to make a monkey to this drive to save all system and software installation

Link to content

Quote of zone glide

The goal of saving projects and videos cannot be changed to another drive, it has been tested and not possible - the company seems to have eliminated this option for some reason.

Which version is this? Because I can definitely change the locations of the exported temporary files and video:

Untitled.png.7b123f34b9773bdcd6775c8c6274ca9d.png

Untitled2.png.8d1622e9be779bf38d3ff6994386889f.png

Link to content

This is not about these files, but the Library Folder I think.

I tried to make this symbol, but I got a command prompt error: cannot create a file when that file already exists.

I didn't understand what I was doing wrong.

By the way, what is the logic first of all moving this folder to another drive and only then to Symbolic?

Need to actually move the whole and not copy it to the other drive?

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime