Have you experienced VR? - Video Cards - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Have you experienced VR?

Moon-Mage

I know this is not the most suitable place but there is not really a forum that fits it exactly (if you would like to say).

I was wondering how many users there are among the site members, how many have experienced VR here and whether they enjoyed or will consider buying a kit and maybe even share a little about how the experience of using VR is so different from what I knew until now and why I think more people should consider buying a system Instead of a super expensive video card or more powerful processor.

Unfortunately at the moment in the country the prices are pretty crazy, but that the shipments from Amazon will return and the demand from HL alyx has dropped a bit, it will probably be possible to get kits again Probability in the $ 200 range which is about like a new processor or the difference between a mid range and high end video card.
Anyway I have the cheapest and probably the worst kit (HP mixed reality headset) and still the improvement in my enjoyment is tens of times greater than upgrading a video card and changing settings in games or buying a more expensive screen with a higher resolution (which also requires a more powerful but nice video card ).

A few more words about games, half life alyx is the first AAA game to come out in the meantime and it is indeed a great game in terms of story, environment and immersion, but it doesn't even come close to the fun and games of Boneworks which is by far the best game I've ever played in VR in terms of gameplay and enjoyment.

Beyond shooters, puzzle games are also significantly more fun in VR and games like Beat Saber that anyone can put their headset on and enjoy it straight away offer an unmatched experience.

In short I would love to hear what the company here thinks and what experience you have with .

Link to content

I thought about the direction several times, and each time I rejected the idea because of an inadequate supply of dedicated games (especially AAA).

With all due respect to Half Life Alyx, Beat Saber, Asgrad Wrath and a few others I would have been happy to play ... it is not an offer that convinces me to spend such a sum on .

In addition to all there are also exclusives for each platform, and it is impossible to buy a system That will fit everything, which is something that further lowers the shrinking reservoir (e.g. RE7 supported by Only on Sony).

Although it is currently possible to buy And let them dust up until the next game, but like any technology product, as time goes by, technology advances, and things get more lucrative, like the PSVR2 that comes out for the PS5.

Link to content

The thing is you edited On regular days it costs $ 200 which is about the difference between a Mid Range and High End video card and the difference in experience between a little more FPS and It's so huge so even for two or three games I would say it's a better investment (kind of probably for people who buy less expensive computers it's much less lucrative).
Plus there are a lot more than three games; Feel free to look at the sets and see that there are many dozens of games most of which will be completely new to you compared to the differences between the dozens of shooters that the computer has 95% of which are identical to each other and only change textures and max add some gimmick.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

Hi, I had a similar dilemma more than a year ago whether to buy a 144HZ2K video card or a video card ... in the end I went for the And I was not wrong.

It's hard to explain the meaning of it to those who don't know it, but I believe it is A breakthrough that is still a bit in its beginnings but can already be enjoyed by amazing things it can provide, in large part not just a gaming platform, but a new platform for media consumption. 

If you have a normal 1070+ PC the RIFT S is a huge option at $ 400 .... if it doesn't have its wireless nurse.

If you have any specific questions I would be happy to answer ... 

Link to content

• 3 weeks later ...

God- This is a technological leap that can no longer be compared to traditional keyboard mouse monitor technology.

It's like moving from a carriage ride somewhere 200 years back, to a modern day car.

This is not an easy evolution to something existing, but a revolution that completely changes the rules of the game.

I understand this is the field that will progress the fastest in the next decade, mainly because it is new and there is a lot to progress as in all

Technology at the beginning. Especially the resolution that is currently too low (until you see Separation of the faxes in some panel types).

There is also something to improve in the hands-on input interface ... which is already not bad at all.

Link to content

ה The current will not progress too much, I think it will catch on as soon as the interface improves.

Over a decade ago, my glasses were And it didn't catch on, the whole business where a person has to move in this space is cumbersome.

The current interface is cute and fun in dedicated demo rooms, much less at home. Once they are able to improve the interface that can be seated and still move but without a mouse and switch or controller then it will be a game changer. Until then it will remain nosy.

Link to content

Quote of k534d

ה The current will not progress too much, I think it will catch on as soon as the interface improves.

Over a decade ago, my glasses were Virtual Reality And it didn't catch on, the whole business where a person has to move in this space is cumbersome.

The current interface is cute and fun in dedicated demo rooms, much less at home. Once they are able to improve the interface that can be seated and still move but without a mouse and switch or controller then it will be a game changer. Until then it will remain nosy.

I do not think you have tried In the last 3 years, everything you describe already exists.

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

I do not think you have tried In the last 3 years, everything you describe already exists.

I got to experiment about a year and a half ago, as a gimmick that's fun in a demo room it was a spin.

But if this thing wants to be successful it should allow people to sit in the armchair at home and have the experience without moving even if their character in the game is running, jumping, or lying down

On the ground and without using any kind of lizard \ mouse \ controller it should come in a different way that I admit I don't know how.

עבור The technology is already quite mature.

Link to content

Try the helmet on the new half life alyx and drop the token on what it does in terms of gaming experience ...

My home has a very large space, not just a huge living room (which can be enlarged by pushing it aside) because it is a private home,

But can go out into the garden to play outside, and there the space above all practical need. 

After doing some impression experiments with the helmet That my brother brought on his visit to our house,

There were no (left) question marks left. I mean as soon as the next generation is out, probably in about two years,

Equip the top helmet of the field.

Link to content

Quote of k534d

I got to experiment about a year and a half ago, as a gimmick that's fun in a demo room it was a spin.

But if this thing wants to be successful it should allow people to sit in the armchair at home and have the experience without moving even if their character in the game is running, jumping, or lying down

On the ground and without using any kind of lizard \ mouse \ controller it should come in a different way that I admit I don't know how.

עבור Movies The technology is already quite mature.

Okay I'll repeat that again, everything you've written already exists.
In boneworks you can do that and in half life and in the vast majority of games you don't have to move more than a foot in space.

Link to content

Quote of Moon-Mage

Okay I'll repeat that again, everything you've written already exists.
In boneworks you can do that and in half life and in the vast majority of games you don't have to move more than a foot in space.

Come on, as soon as it doesn't at all Traffic so it will really break out.

Link to content

The whole idea in space It's activating the body, moving, jumping, bending ... doing all sorts of angles and spaghetti that you would not even think of performing in front of a computer.

Also exercise arms and legs. Lead sensors this of course has been available since Sunday, for the feet still not but it will come later.

In fact they switched to pilot sensors without the need for sensors, but using helmet cameras .

Pilot's first pilot Already working and indeed your hands are caught in a great camera lens. This is a significant leap and those who have not tried to test it.

Now, if you don't need sensors, the cameras capture all the organs, and then in general ... the potential in the sky.

Link to content

There are already full body tracking sensors you just buy them and they are like bracelets that you can put wherever you want.
But of course it doesn't work with inside out tracking but only with lighthouses.
And the gimmick of Pretty useless for gaming because once your hands are free it means you don't have buttons to press, it will be very useful for AR, but apart from the demos it's hard for me to see it fit into games.

Edited By Moon-Mage
Link to content

Good for all kinds of games that you do not have to hold on to something physical with a button. Punching for example is possible without anything in hand.

There are many examples from xbox For those who know and name it works great.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site