ADSL 100mb or Hot 500? What's faster? - Networks and Internet - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

ADSL 100mb or Hot 500? What's faster?

demultiplexer

Hello

I need to upgrade my internet. In my opinion the price differences do not justify taking anything less than the fastest package (from what I saw the difference between 15 MB and 500 MB is 100 NIS and I work from home so speed is important to me).

There is no fiber in my area.

I can take 100 megabytes On line phone, or 500 on . Right? What are the fastest options? Or did I miss something?

Which is better? Representative of Told me today that Bezeq is 100 megabytes faster than 500 bhut because the network of She is private, however Which is public. Don't know what that means and it sounds like a joke to me, doesn't it?

Thanks

Edited By demultiplexer
Link to content

Quote of demultiplexer

A representative of flash Told me today that Bezeq is 100 megabytes faster than 500 bhut because the network of flash She is private, however Hot Which is public.

It's a shame there is no law against such rogues. In my opinion, these representatives and those who sent (if sent) lie to clients like that.

Link to content

Quote of demultiplexer

Which is better? Representative of flash Told me today that Bezeq is 100 megabytes faster than 500 bhut because the network of flash She is private, however Hot Which is public. Don't know what that means and it sounds like a joke to me, doesn't it?

I wouldn't say 100 MB of Faster than 500's But he is partially right that the speed you get is also dependent on the load on your neighbors' infrastructure.

Bezeq, on the other hand, is not like this and every customer has their own bandwidth.

Link to content

The differences in infrastructure providers are mainly in the equipment they provide you (free or close to free). That's why people feel happy for a week / two weeks when they move from one provider to another. They just get state-of-the-art equipment that in just two weeks also needs a restart to keep working.

I wrote about it here: 

Link to content

Quote of ag43

^ On a normal day you are right. During Corona's infrastructure Hot They just didn't stand the load. Not that Bezeq is amazing, but at least the neighborhood connection didn't affect you.

In Bezeq you do not need Corona to be far enough from the center and at best get 60 mega instead of the 100 you were promised .. Few are the people in the country who can get a real 100 mega in actual Bezeq. In contrast, 100 is 100. And 200 is 200. In reality, in reality. Without cleverness.

Link to content

I'm not talking about maximum speed. I'm talking about an almost complete collapse of service in hot areas that happened so hot. I stressed that this was the period of the closure where there was a massive load on infrastructure.

I have 2 500 "business" lines at work for a side project. On a normal day I get 500/10 on them. During the closure, I was lucky if I passed the 150 And this is in an office area (Without residences).

There were a lot of my employees who couldn't connect to a home-based VPN with infrastructure And here it is, if ever, about individual megas.

Link to content

Quote of ag43

^ On a normal day you are right. During Corona's infrastructure Hot They just didn't stand the load. Not that Bezeq is amazing, but at least the neighborhood connection didn't affect you.

So what speed did people get keen on during the closure? Half of what they were supposed to do? Quarter? Or was it not usable at all?

If I normally have an area of ​​500, and a load I have a quarter of it, it's still faster than 100 in Bezeq. That's a calculation right?

Link to content

And maybe the load is in your house because the Gidi Gov router you get from the provider does not hold more than 4 people.

And maybe the load at all is related to the DNS problem (the address conversion service that is responsible for most vendor failures).

Replacement equipment, caching DNS . In my little experience when the supplier's equipment is configured as a modem only there are no differences in packet loss or stability.

Attached are statistics from the Hot200 and Bezeq 100 connection that are connected * at the same time *. Less than 0.00001% errors for one month (and hundreds of gigabytes).

bezeq-hot.png

Link to content

I have the feeling that people do not understand Hebrew. What part of:

Quote of ag43

I'm not talking about maximum speed. I'm talking about an almost complete collapse of service in hot areas that happened so hot.

There were a lot of my employees who couldn't connect to a home-based VPN with infrastructure Hot And here it is, if ever, about individual megas.

It is not clear?

As for the L3 - the Hotbox 4 is worth nothing. The above connections ran with a dedicated PFSENSE machine. Again, on a normal day gets a maximum. During the corona period 1/4 in an area without dwellings and reached a complete collapse in congested areas.

Link to content

I will say more specifically what the problem is.

I need to remotely connect to a computer when working with a Windows Vista Marble Desktop. Does nothing special about him. Documents and emails.

The office has a good connection, 70 MB In every direction By speedtest.

Until now, more than a month like this, I had no special problems. Now I have moved in with the company and with her it is really slow even though torrents and such are working around (I am not trying to do both at the same time). And I did all the trials even with only one computer connected and no background downloads and I closed all the software. The phones are connected to 4 g and not to the apartment's internet. 

If I try to connect to work with the internet from the phone in the hot spot it is much faster than the internet in the apartment. It has 15 MB ADSL and the speedtest looks pretty good, 15 MB download and 0.5 upload and quite stable. I think in the morning it is faster than during the day. I lowered the quality settings of the image to a minimum in a remote connection and it did not help at all and see that it worked and the image is of low quality. I also lowered the resolution. By and large it's so slow you can't really use it most of the time.

I tried to read some manuals so I did a ping to the computer at work and saw that I get 35ms most of the time and occasionally there are jumps, sometimes to 1000 and 2000 once every 15 seconds like that. Sometimes there are several consecutive or really close jumps. This is the problem? Is it from the supplier or the infrastructure?

This is the internet of the apartment

image.png.6bde5d13e45d067562c927480adc686f.png

And it's off the phone

image.png.0380b9d56c61250cbb2ec09f36c5b816.png

I did all the tests on WIFI. I have no cable Connect to router.

So the apartment looks better except for the jumps. what do you think?

image.png

Edited By demultiplexer
Unnecessary picture
Link to content

Quote of ag43

Are you connecting to a server in Israel? The PING is very high. Which one VPN You are using?

The vpn of the work to connect to an office computer. That's what the computer guy defined. There seems to be no other way to connect to the office.

But until recently I was living in the center near work and now I live in the far north. Related?

And the ping from the phone is higher but on the phone it works faster. Whatever the speedtest connection on the phone is faster. Something like 30MB, and also 0.5MB speed and not XNUMXM.

Another thing I do not understand is that in the first two weeks everything worked fine.

Edited By demultiplexer
Link to content

Quote by m-luggy

And maybe the load is in your house because the Gidi Gov router you get from the provider does not hold more than 4 people.

And maybe the load at all is related to the DNS problem (the address conversion service that is responsible for most vendor failures).

Replacement equipment, caching DNS Google. In my little experience when the supplier's equipment is configured as a modem only there are no differences in packet loss or stability.

Attached are statistics from the Hot200 and Bezeq 100 connection that are connected * at the same time *. Less than 0.00001% errors for one month (and hundreds of gigabytes).

bezeq-hot.png

What's faster? The 100's Or 200 ha?

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site