ADSL 100mb or Hot 500? What's faster? - Page 2 - Networks & Internet - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

ADSL 100mb or Hot 500? What's faster?

As a matter of fact, I'm really not bothered by that. The router takes care of the load distribution and switches between connections if one falls.

I've done a test for you * at the same time * from the two external IPs (I didn't even choose an optimal server). In Bezeq I get over 100M even though I pay about 100M, a little less than 200M. I'm sure if I run several times I'll get different results.

Invest in equipment.

hotA.PNG

bezeqA.PNG

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post
  • תגובות 33
  • Opens on
  • Last comment

Prominent participants in the discussion

Prominent participants in the discussion

Popular responses

What the representative said was nonsense and he did not understand what he was talking about. I do have to say that there is a nucleus of truth here that has simply been lost. It is important to understand that there is a fundamental difference between how Bezeq's network works and how Hot's network works. I will explain. 

Attached Images

A package called TOP, nothing Top can get out of it.
To figure out if the equipment or infrastructure problem is the right thing to do is make it a modem and connect with a cable dialer from your computer (not something I would recommend at the weekend or during Corona) but it does require noise cancellation.

Whatever the discussion, it is clear that, whenever I test very high speeds, stable infrastructure.

Maybe the gamers felt something in Corona, I have no idea because I am not Which is why I always use the Internet

For uploading materials in very large quantities (close to terra a month), since I did the 500 mega a year or so ago

There were high speeds It's a joke to the alternative of Available in almost the entire country.

Hot 500 Mega .JPG

In my experience it depends on your needs. First of all not all service providers of vdsl2 Were born equal. If you know there's a lot in the house that sees streaming all the time or makes downloads, then there's a benefit to Hot 500's. On the other hand, if most of your use is surfing the Internet then there are some advantages to Bezeq International. From what I know International works in collaboration with servers cdn Different and a big part of whatCaching Large sites pass through and through its server farms. So when you try to open a site that works with cdn Certain as an example cloudflare So in Bezeq International you will open it from their server located in the country. Conversely, if you are in another telecommunications company or cellular, you will probably open it through the server located in Frankfurt or London. That means more latency Between every request and more pops in the middle of. That means between half a second and more between each extra site. Well, I don't know if that's the case just because International invests in its infrastructure or hosts the same services on its farms, or places itself as a monopoly and does not allow services cdn Others work with other providers in the country.

Edited By NR
Quote by m-luggy

In Bezeq I get over 100M even though I pay about 100M,

It's unclear how this happens, the limit is tough (and very rare to reach). I would try with a direct connection of the modem Separate from your elaborate router that knows how to get several connections in parallel and synchronize between them ... It seems to be doing something here (generally good, bad for test reliability).

Quote of demultiplexer

There is a 15 MB ADSL here and the speedtest looks pretty good, 15 MB download and 0.5 upload and quite stable

With all due respect to the "stability" of your 15 mega download 0.5 (!!!!!) upload, there is nothing to expect from this awkward connection. There is nothing surprising about your RDP stuttering at best!

Go to normal internet and you will see the difference clearly. Note that there is another significant advantage in your type of use, apart from the download speed - their upload is significantly faster than anything Bezeq has to offer.

Quote of Milford Cubicle

With all due respect to the "stability" of your 15 mega download 0.5 (!!!!!) upload, there is nothing to expect from this awkward connection. There is nothing surprising about your RDP stuttering at best!

Go to normal internet and you will see the difference clearly. Note that there is another significant advantage in your type of use, apart from the download speed - their upload is significantly faster than anything Bezeq has to offer.

It is not great wisdom to solve problems like this and learn nothing like that. If there is no choice I will.

On the other hand, it might not solve the problem either. I'm not sure what the problem is but I wouldn't expect that I would need such a serious connection to connect to the RDP.

Quote of Milford Cubicle

It's a shame there is no law against such rogues. In my opinion, these representatives and those who sent (if sent) lie to clients like that.

What the rep said was nonsense and he didn't understand what he was talking about. I do have to say there is a kernel of truth here that just got lost. It is important to understand that there is a fundamental difference between how the network is Works for how the network of Works. I will explain. 

Hot's network is called HFC - Hybrid fiber coaxial. The network core is, of course, fiber-based, but your modem connects with a coaxial cable to a wall outlet. How does that happen? Among the optical fiber you have an optical receiver - called the Optical Node. A device on one side connects to the fiber and on the other it connects to the RF network - and it converts the signals from light to radio waves that are broadcast on The RF in your neighborhood.

So what's the downside here? Broadcast technology on top The RF is Docsis 3.0, this one Already very old. The optical receiver can, in practice, reach a maximum speed of about 600 MB. Doesn't sound too bad at all until you realize he's feeding hundreds of flats! 

So how do you and I (also eagerly connected) get the maximum speed of our package for most hours in a simple speed test? This relies on the same principle that ISPs rely on - the actual load on the network is infinitely lower than the theoretical total of all browsing packages. 

What is the advantage of Across the lightning? If your neighbors rarely use the Internet, you will reach high speeds that Bezeq cannot tell you. When does the drawback begin? If some of your neighbors, who are connected to the same optical receiver as you, start downloading torrents. I myself have problems, just rarely. 

And what does Bezeq have to offer? The network of Built in a completely different way. There are copper cables from your home to MSAG - what used to be a switchboard, and now it's just a big closet on the street that , To which he also entered

These copper cables have a crazy signal attenuation so it's very hard to reach 100 megabytes - even though it's just that Do not want, for any reason or another, to allow all customers advanced technologies like g. fast which also enables gigabits on these cables. But she certainly is capable of it. 

On the other hand, this closet is with much greater capacity - all in all, the limitation is usually not it but the copper cables that reach customers. In Bezeq, you will usually get a lower possible maximum speed, but a higher minimum speed with less dependence on the other neighbors' load (btw, it is not that the neighbors do not affect Bezeq as well. There are electromagnetic interference from their lines. But it was improved by the vectoring technology they applied a few years ago. Years). 

I chose Hot because I didn't receive more than 40 megabits in Bezeq. But again, it's important to understand why things work the way they work. 

Quote of House MD

I chose Hot because I didn't receive more than 40 megabits in Bezeq. But again, it's important to understand why things work the way they work. 

I know the theory, the actual situation is different and you proved it yourself - you only get 40 practice. And you're not a rare case, not even close. Your case is very common.

Hot, put on some neighbors you deserve, I have not heard of anyone who did not get a real 100 full.

Quote of Milford Cubicle

I know the theory, the actual situation is different and you proved it yourself - you only get 40 practice. And you're not a rare case, not even close. Your case is very common.

Hot, put on some neighbors you deserve, I have not heard of anyone who did not get a real 100 full.

So I actually experienced declines, mainly in the evening. Sometimes I get around 30. It doesn't bother me enough, but the phenomenon exists. I must also say that without seeing internal statistics of I do not have an unambiguous statement that it is a load on the optical receiver relative to something else like a load on the power or even a local problem with me. But I don't think that's unfounded. 

In business deals that pay a lot, They will usually set up a dedicated optical receiver for them. 

Edited By House MD
Quote of Milford Cubicle

Who do you test with?

When this happens, it happens relatively sweepingly, to the point of small deviation, in front of speed test servers in the country, or in Europe, the Netflix server (fast.com) and the infrastructure testing server,

I also have an old script that I think is no longer working, but at the time it just downloaded one http file in front of all kinds of servers in the country and around the world. The maximum I would get was limited and only decreased as servers in America, Singapore, Japan came. 

After an hour it just might pass and I get high speed again. 

Edited By House MD

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site