Core i9 10900K Processor in Review: Another 14 Nm Record - Page 3 - Processors, Motherboards and Memory - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Critical Core i9 10900K Processor: another 14 nm record

You've written things about it that we can discuss - and thank you for that.

The first is that Intel also has cheaper cores in the proposed line, but these Unforgettably locked. So:

Also for them should include price additions of distributor commission and retail store commission since the prices given in the tables were in bulk

Of 1000 units. After cutting the price per individual customer, the gap is to the detriment of these intels.

** In editing, you add a price of $ 157, so the cost to the end customer is probably around $ 190-200.

Now even if we take the cheapest of all the 10th generation tactile cores, and add the distribution commissions to the final customer, we can see that he will be

More expensive than Marisen 3600 as is. When after system addition Cheap (because it's not a K processor then Standard Air provides $ 30)

The gap will grow some more. It would be something like $ 220-230 versus the $ 159 of the Reisen.

And so are the hexagon's most basic cores - ie the locked models with the addition of a simple heat sink, will be more expensive than the Reisen,

But not the same drama as 10600K is true.

In such a situation the locked processor of , Will no longer be faster than the Harisen 3600 which is an open multiple processor, and in a state of affairs

Such is also the theoretical charge about gaming, will be dropped altogether and will no longer exist, not even at 720p on LOW.

A situation is created where, in every scenario and every combination we do not test, the Reisen 3600 combination wins every hex of , The only question

At some price difference this will happen, whether 2 times (or higher) as in the extreme case of 10600K, or only one and a half times the case of 10400F.

On the name of I'm not paying, maybe you are. I want to see myself as an advanced consumer, and also an adult, that branding doesn't speak to.

I'm an engineering consumer who purely rational buys, and what wins in the rational business performance level, takes. Intel has no value in this regard

Supplement for me and let me tell you a little secret you may have missed:

Today Intel's reputation among the advanced PC community is inferior to that of . The creators have flipped, so the charged is even if

Wanting to use it is to the detriment of Intel and not in its favor.

The discussion about Intel's past processors from 2011-2015 is as good as it was back then, I don't seem to be as relevant to the current discussion,

So don't see fit to go into it. These processors were good at the time and were unrivaled market leaders, but it has nothing to do with either

Some impact on today's 2020.

* Proper disclosure that the writer of these lines is still working using a fast 2500k based computer and does not see the need to upgrade yet. That's how amazing he was - and still is : ) 

Intel did not go down as you say, but not because the domestic market did what it did, but because Intel's major revenues did not

More from the private home sector, but from the server sector - where the courage of New is much slower, mainly because of risk

management that customers do - they first seek to blend the technology through long (year to year) POC, validations

Multiple industry before adopting re. So in this aspect Intel is still gaining a lot of sales, due to the slowness in the segment

enterprise which will keep them quiet for a few years. But it is also not forever if they do not try to waist.

Any talk of new lithography on Intel's part, today, I would be very careful to give them compliments or optimism, they are currently

This is a great shame and missed the transition from 14nm to 10nm in about 3 years already failed. That's a lot. After all, if they aren't

Successful, so I and the industry have no more confidence in their skillful abilities to jump straight to 7nm, since they have not demonstrated the ability to skip to 10nm (which is a step

smaller). For now in the world only And Samsung has demonstrated a capacity of 10nm and below.

The end of your speech was accurate, indeed Get over the top, and right now it's the industry estimate that in the 4000th generation they will be # 1 unbeatable,

Obviously unsuspecting, this will lead to price increases on its part. I have no doubt that the Series 4000 prices will be higher

Of the present. This is how it is when you lead by a large margin and there is no competition for the performance crown. Maximize the situation to the end. And so, I'm back

And again, our consumer interest is that such a situation does not happen. God forbid not in a way that AMD will fail of course, on the contrary, we want

Performance progress as far as possible, but we want it to happen in a situation where Intel is in a hurry to take out its competing technology

As fast as possible too. We want progress and not lose it on the one hand, but on the other hand it will be mutual on the part of all competitors. Because that's just the way we are

Consumers will get good prices for us. Competition competition and once again competition. Performance equality leads to consumer apathy about what to choose

Of the alternatives, so for him the price will win. Once competitors understand this, it indirectly leads to fierce competition for the consumer's heart,

And through the cheapest price possible. Because they have no other tool left to compete in the market, given performance equality.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Some software only works with And so you must choose them. For example, the popular video editing software avid and more. 

It's hard to talk about prices though Can make adjustments and it's just a hair throw.

The 3900x also cost close to $ 600 at first and you could argue that it doesn't pay off, but there are some that aren't waiting.

I was careful as you noticed when I mentioned the 7nm and recorded that it could be "successful" like the 10nm.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember $ 10 billion in desktop and mobile profits that are higher than servers if I remember correctly.

Only 5 times more than amd did in the quarter.

Edited By st379
Link to content

As far as I can tell, the claim about avid and Intel is incorrect (this is an urban legend)

https://www.reddit.com/r/editors/comments/bk97pm/does_amd_ryzen_goes_well_with_avid_media_composer/

Son, all processors support the 8086 command set and x64 extension (which is a general rule of originally).

And on that basis the operating system works. Therefore, the claim that some software only works on processors But not on AMD processors

She claimed that the refutation was discussed in general and in principle.

As for the profit of From the segment mentioned I think you are wrong. Maybe you meant sales ....? (Check)

If this is important to you, I will endeavor to access and review the financial statements tomorrow. But it will take some time.

Intel is not on my investment target, so I am not involved in its prospectus and quarterly reports

Except remember by order of magnitude of annual sales and profits.

Which was around $ 70 billion a year or two back, and a profit of around $ 12 billion relative to that

A little less than 20 percent of the cycle. These are 2018 closing figures like I thought, don't catch me on the word.

* Even if I'm wrong, it's small.

I have several companies that I am currently focusing on, and make a profit on their back.

Looking ahead, I wouldn't invest in Intel or in Intel incidentally. Both in a competitive competitive field,

And it will be difficult for them to make significant profits or dramatic growth in it. What also asked are traditional and veteran fields

And not innovative hi-tech.

On the other hand, yes, because the potential of AI, a field in which it is currently a world leader, has an exponential growth potential

In the vision of a decade two ahead. This is a semi-new field, growing at an incredible rate. Even the autonomous driving in which they are strong.

Noida recruits the best mathematicians in the world, she can financially do so, and the mathematicians are very keen to come to Noida in terms of

Workplace that is at the forefront of the global industry in their context. This company has a very proven proven quality management that has not changed all the years since its inception

Of the company basically for 25 years, which provides a proven management environment that will probably stay there until the end, so all the data connects together

The situation, which currently seems to me the best of these three companies, is that Videa will be the wisest investment in the long-term perspective of 10-20 years.

I am a long term investor. But not only do I think so, but so does the investing public. For it is enough to peek at its stock in the last five years to argue that.

That is why I feel we are in the right direction.

Warning - The author of these lines is not an investment advisor, but expresses his amateurish opinion only in this field, and is not responsible for any step that the reader will take on its basis.

So see you were warned. Moreover, if I had been an investment adviser by law I would not have been allowed to give my opinion or recommendation regarding the capital market,

Without a contract signed between me and the advisor individually and personally towards him. This is the law and the regulation so know it too. 

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Here is the full picture:

https://www.intc.com/investor-relations/investor-education-and-news/investor-news/press-release-details/2020/Intel-Reports-Fourth-Quarter-2019-Financial-Results/

image.thumb.png.31a9c0bc19de35bbe514d485f20f2487.png

image.thumb.png.60115d74822bd223c3418a399650c05d.png

A few explanations for your understanding and the reader's understanding:

revenue is a sales cycle and not a profit. income is the terminology for profit.

In a whole year indeed as I remembered around 70 billion sales, their profit is about 20 billion.

Now I remember that 12 billion I remembered that of a year earlier - probably 2017. Their profits in 1028/2019 rose to 20.

Segment sales And accompanying around $ 37 billion and segment data center around $ 23.5 billion.

But the profitability of the two industries is different, the server is significantly higher. More and more.

To get information on how much of it is profitable, I need to dive into the data more in depth and search. Not right now - stay tuned.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Ok i found,

I was wrong in my assessments / understanding / memory.

We can see that in a similar way to the distribution of sales ratio, quite linearly and in a coordinated way the distribution of profits.

Stems from the fact that About the fast-growing sector and business - data center servers and the like, but ignoring the private market,

There will be a risk for her, since a large portion of her profits are from the desktop sector. Private customers should also be taken into consideration

And business computers, otherwise it is.

So, you see why I don't invest in them?

They are in clear trouble and danger in this sector as well. Risen names them.

Untitled.jpg

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

It all depends on whether they can make the transition to euv. Hard to know. In any case, it is excellent that amd take them market share but in the meanwhile with their competition their profits rise and do not decrease.

Even now with proper pricing they can give Fayette to Zen 3 and have some architectures on the way and a lot more money to pour on And research.

If they fail with the transition they will be in trouble.

Link to content

It is interesting,

Tried to test synthetic IPC between core For Zen2 at the same running frequency, use the LN2 for the Rizan to reach a 5.0Ghz frequency

You can see that the Zen2 IPC is higher than that of By 11.8% on single thread on One,

And 17.4% higher on multithread, which indicates that SMT implementation on Zen2 is more efficient than Intel.

The numbers mean that Zen2 compares performance in single thread to that of When he ran at 4.5ghz

While Intel is running at 5.0ghz. And it compares in multi thread SMT to that of , At 4.15Ghz frequency when Intel

Runs at 5.0ghz.

What's about to rattle where in Zen2 processors is the high impedance in inter communication between neighbor CCX's

And also greater impedance in front of the . And that's what they need to fix in the next generation. If they fix it then they will improve position in a way

Significantly. This is their weak point or bottleneck if we want to. And we know that at least one of them already answered,

For there will be no further division into separate CCs. Their intrinsic potential is excellent and it shows the values ​​under test,

The weakness is in communication from the core out - with other cores and with memory.

This is also why the new 3300X sees how it opens up a significant gap over the usual 3100 at the same frequency.

The 3300X has something unique in all Risen processors wherever they are, it is the only one that bypasses the problem of inter communication

between neighbor CCX's because it has none In a foreign CCX. All of its cores reside together in the same module. Then we see

That when this problem is bypassed, the extent to which it gives a serious and significant performance boost to 8-9% is a rough order of magnitude in applications and games.

That's one of the things that probably takes a big part in the impressive performance leap reported on Zen3 - which it will also enjoy

From this subject. The 3300X is where next-generation (partial) technologies demonstrate - the feature of the CCX Unity, and it is significant.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

How is it that the processors of They are 7NM

And they can't make OC as beautiful as Intel's

Gives the feeling that they are castrated

And you can add that there are cores in the processor that are not on the same CCX and think about it there is more space between the cores which allows better heat dissipation

As far as I understand ...

It feels like with the video cards that just changed the name of the whole BIOS

470RX or something

Sucks that everything is controlled by money

10 years stuck in 4-core technology and everything is technologically creeping

Edited By aviv00
Link to content

Quote of aviv00

How is it that the processors of AMD They are 7NM

And they can't make OC as beautiful as Intel's

Gives the feeling that they are castrated

At the dyneemic frequency run stage, the automatic change, Ahead of Because she asked The GPU world where she had many years of experience.

This is how a situation created Does in fact an automatic OC of its processors (you missed that point) built into the technology of its processor.

This automatic mechanism takes all the redundancy that was at its core to the maximum possible (depending on the temp available at that moment).

Intel was not there because it had no experience in the GPU world that began to implement the technique almost a decade ago.

In fact only in the new generation of processors - Generation 10, in the more expensive CPUs in the Blaine i9 (and I also like the i7)

She introduced something similar (a little more primitive in its application).

This means that even generation 10 processors with this technology of automatic and dynamic frequency lifting, no longer have the redundancy to perform manual OC.

View reviews showing that the i10900 is just as close to its top as the Zen2 processors.

And it is good that this is so. Save the customer all the trouble with the subject, because it makes it dipolitic in the processor and dynamically on the fly

While working on the computer, the remaining temp is utilized for the user.

* Will be a little faster performing in the winter months or in cold regions of the earth. 

And so look at the fact that there is no more real euphemism to perform OC in the processors of modern times as something negative, miss the point

All in all, the manufacturers are already doing this dynamically for the user. They actually gnawed at this traditional, past performance balance

They left on the table unused. In the past they were left unused because they did not know how to use it reliably, ie without the processor

Will get stuck from time to time. Today, mainly because of the experience they have developed in the GPU world, electric and monitoring know how to do this well and reliably.

Quote of aviv00

You can also add that there are cores in the processor that are not on the same CCX and think about it there is more space between the cores which allows better heat dissipation

As far as I understand ...

True, that's what Intel does. And so, too Realizing this, does the same thing starting with a 3300x processor. Which is the introduction to the 4000 series (Zen3).
The space on the paper between the cores is irrelevant to the topic you raised. Between the cores lies all The cache which is also similar / identical works

Tram and heat emitter. Not less than the core itself, and perhaps more so, due to its high transistor density, and its full cyclic pulse in each cycle.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Quote of nec_000

I have several companies that I am currently focusing on, and make a profit on their back.

Looking ahead, No I was an investor in neither Intel nor B. AMD incidentally. Both in a competitive competitive field,

And it will be difficult for them to make significant profits or dramatic growth in it. What also asked are traditional and veteran fields

And not innovative hi-tech.

On the other hand, yesBecause the potential of AI, a field in which it is currently a world leader, has an exponential growth potential

In the vision of a decade two ahead. This is a semi-new field, growing at an incredible rate. Even the autonomous driving in which they are strong.

Noida recruits the best mathematicians in the world, she can financially do so, and the mathematicians are very keen to come to Noida in terms of

Workplace that is at the forefront of the global industry in their context. This company has a very proven proven quality management that has not changed all the years since its inception

Of the company basically for 25 years, which provides a proven management environment that will probably stay there until the end, so all the data connects together

The situation, which currently seems to me the best of these three companies, is that Videa will be the wisest investment in the long-term perspective of 10-20 years.

I am a long term investor. But not only do I think so, but so does the investing public. For it is enough to peek at its stock in the last five years to argue that.

That is why I feel we are in the right direction.

Warning - The author of these lines is not an investment advisor, but expresses his amateurish opinion only in this field, and is not responsible for any step that the reader will take on its basis.

So see you were warned. Moreover, if I had been an investment adviser by law I would not have been allowed to give my opinion or recommendation regarding the capital market,

Without a contract signed between me and the advisor individually and personally towards him. This is the law and the regulation so know it too. 

I was just talking about investing in the capital market and why I'm about NVIDIA, and that was before the following data was released:

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

They did produce a lot of lessons from the previous 8 and 9 editions when they saw this rise over 4 7th generation cores,

Brings generations 8 and especially 9 to unbearable and acceptable temperatures. Generation 10 is definitely a significant improvement in this aspect.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site