Improving temperature after assembling JEYI Cooling Warship Storm Fan NVME - Storage - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Improving temperature after assembling JEYI Cooling Warship Storm Fan NVME

ha

I ordered from my two JEYI Cooling Warship Storm Fan At a price of NIS 60 per unit (ie, both can be purchased today at NIS 60 ...) and I assembled this week.

- It is indeed a refrigerator, and a good refrigerator. At first I wasn't sure I needed anything like that but running CrystalDiskInfo on two Of half terra arranged in RAID0 showed that the maximum speed I reach is a little less than 3 gigabytes per second and the maximum temperature is about 90 degrees ... Because this RAID0 is the operating system disk and loaded quite seriously I reach 70 degrees and more in time Working. After assembling the heat sinks CrystalDiskInfo runs to a maximum temperature of 54 degrees. Very respectable.

- The heat sinks come without assembly instructions ... A short search Find a YouTube clip on how to do it. The assembly is quite simple, the package also comes with Phillips with the screws, but it is important to pay attention to the correct placement of the In the heat sink. There is no check mark in the heat sink to the absolute position of the card and the correct spot should be sought. For me, the first heat sink was easily installed Worked without problems but the other was a nightmare, I disassembled and reassembled several times until NVME entered its connector correctly on the motherboard.

At such a price, it seems to me worth installing for anyone who finds that its NVME temperature is about 70 degrees or more.

Link to content

It is recommended to see this explanation

https://youtu.be/KzSIfxHppPY?t=376

In short - the memory itself should not and it is even harmful to cool, while writing the memory should run at higher temperatures.

The only component that can be cooled is the controller and that too only in case it overheats and lowers performance to lower temperature.

Link to content

Regular electronics components are configured to work in the 0-70 ° C temperature range, and industrial standard electronics (which are more expensive than the civilian equivalent) are set to work in the 40- to 85 ° C temperature range. I am is very Doubts that the manufacturer uses industry-standard electronics ... NVME's RAID0 is the operating system disk and is loaded quite seriously. I would not want to shorten his lifespan ...

a quote

The only component that can be cooled is the controller and this is only in case it overheats and lowers Performence To lower temperature.

Happened to these discs, overheating reduces read / write speed. Why do you think this is just the cattle?

Link to content

Quote of ha

Regular electronics are set to work in the 0-70 ° C temperature range

There is no such thing as "ordinary". Each component and its range according to what the manufacturer defines. Some are set up to 60, some are even set to 125 (voltage regulators from some models).

Let's consider the facts for a moment.

Nvme controllers Yes Can heat up to partial or full loss of performance, also Do this routinely without Effective that just like Graphics on video cards or processor cores - also controller Works at a certain frequency when temperature allows it, and like the first two I mentioned Yes Lowers frequencies as its operating temperatures rise. Want to know what frequencies and what temperature? Have their Datasheet at the manufacturer's site.

Are all air coolers for motherboards ineffective? No - It depends on cooling, and it depends on the drive.

Do all the air coolers for motherboard drives harm the NAND chips? No - It depends on cooling, and it depends on the drive.

Is it possible to give a concrete answer about all the drives Is it recommended to use one or another solution or not?  No - It depends on cooling, and it depends on the drive.

Some drives use serious passive cooling is the only way to maintain reasonable speed when using them intensively, and some even though serious cooling may still reduce frequencies in continuous work after some time. First generation drives of notebook 4.0 controllers They are just that.

mainpage.png

Link to content

Quote of ha

Happened to these discs, overheating reduces read / write speed. Why do you think this is just the cattle?

Take a look at the explanation in the video and understand.

What happened to you is exactly what happens when the cattle get too hot.

Cool off This is unnecessary and can even shorten the life of the drive if you do not let them operate at the temperatures they need while writing.

Edited By lompy
Link to content

When I designed circuits up to about 10 years ago (I'm an original hardware person) the separation was between "normal" components (Commercial) and Industrial (according to different working temperatures). Related).
The temperatures you refer to from the data sheets are node temperatures (the temperatures on the silicon itself), if you measure 125 degrees on the component itself then the silicon has long brewed ...

a quote

Is it possible to give a concrete answer about all the drivesNVMe Is it recommended to use one or another solution or not?  No - It depends on cooling, and it depends on the drive.

In my opinion, yes, it can't hurt. If only this will only be helpful. I am currently accelerating i7 to 5 gigabytes and my critical issue has been how to keep the processor at a temperature of less than 80 degrees at full load. From what I've read, working above this temperature significantly shortens the life of a processor.

lompy The link you brought shows nothing.

Link to content

Havras,

Drive manufacturers flash are not amateurs working behind the house in grandpa's garage.

These are engineers who develop and manufacture a product in a regular methodology as is customary in this industry.

If they were to come in with their professional insight, the That they developed, would do so.
But in evidence, they don't.

Not out of ignorance, ignorance, stupidity, or laziness, but because they understand that the cooling they named (the basic one) provides

The needs of the product and its life. Anyway, imagine otherwise?

Conspiracies in nature, who believe that product manufacturers are intentional, heart-wrenching, mean,

Are intentionally negligent in their work to knock the customer and do not refrigerate the product properly, are not lacking in any area,

Not the one before us either. So in Methota we spared us and left the conspiracies to the appropriate forums.

Quote of ha

In my opinion, yes, it can't hurt. If only this will only be helpful. I am currently accelerating i7 to 5 gigabytes and my critical issue has been how to keep the processor at a temperature of less than 80 degrees at full load. From what I've read, working above this temperature significantly shortens the life of a processor.

You gave an example that is neither relevant nor correct.

First - there is no CPU electronic component, just like a component flash. The undesirable temperature in the conductor

The CPU-type transistor is not related to the write capability of the chip flash, which writes better and with less wear rather

At higher temperatures. As far as I can remember and went through technical papers on one occasion, they found a direct link between work temp

Of the memory storage component - throughout its lifetime. When working at an optimum (relatively high) temp, his wear is small.

At low temp, its wear and tear increases and its life span decreases.

When it comes to processors, working at a high temperature as long as it is within the allowable range of the component, does not affect its lifespan and certainly does not affect

Significantly. It mainly affects the amount of energy converted in it to heat, due to the increase in resistance as a function of temp, and therefore the

Efficiency, and reduces the maximum working frequency that can be reached before a computational error.

There are many myths in the field of electronics like in many fields, and it is a shame to just drop here too.

The main problem with temp in electronic components, especially transistors, is the difference in temp.

Warming and cooling. These create mechanical expansion and mechanical contraction which over time lead to cracks and disconnections in the conductor

And in soldering. It was better for the component to work at a constant and uniform temperature, even if it is high, but to remain in it all the time in a row.

Than it warms up will cool down and come back.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

a quote

Drive drives memory flash are not amateurs working behind the house in grandpa's garage.

These are engineers who develop and manufacture a product in a regular methodology as is customary in this industry.

Agree with you but that raises a new question. If warming up the flash chips would help anything then it would have been added to the card. After all, the cost of adding a number of resistors branded through the controller is negligible, the temperature measurement already exists so closing the loop (whether local on the card or via MD) is trivial.

Some minor repairs.

a quote

The main problem with temp in electronic components, especially transistors, is the difference in temp.

Warming and cooling.

This was true during my schooling (a long time ago)😉 Shortly after Intel opened its first pub in Jerusalem ...), the move to more advanced technologies (SMT soldering and BGA pairing) made it negligible (in civilian systems)

a quote

First - there is no CPU electronic component, just like a component memory flash.

The NMVE includes both, overheating slows the card. It doesn't matter to me what it comes from as long as the assembly of the assembly allows it to work fast.

Strangely, in FF the link brings me to a blank page ... in chrome it did work.

I don't know if this guy is a hardware engineer but he should know that the cause of flash wear is the erasure, not the writing ... The erasure is actually faster at higher temperature (higher potential energy of course) but he doesn't really relate to it.

With all due respect, I would prefer to link to the component manufacturer document over YouTube links, where it is difficult to know if what is shown can be trusted.

Link to content

Quote of ha

Strangely, in FF the link brings me to a blank page ... in chrome it did work.

I don't know if this guy is a hardware engineer but he should know that the cause of flash wear is the erasure, not the writing ... The erasure is actually faster at higher temperature (higher potential energy of course) but he doesn't really relate to it.

With all due respect, I would prefer to link to the component manufacturer document over YouTube links, where it is difficult to know if what is shown can be trusted.

This guy is one of the most respected reviewers in the world of hardware.

If there is anyone I trust what he has to say about hardware then he is one of them.

This man does not come up with answers he has an open door and connections in all the biggest hardware companies in the world.

And at that point it doesn't matter at all, you keep writing and erasing the drive, bottom line if you keep At too low a working temperature you can shorten its life.

Edited By lompy
Link to content

Returning again, I would rather link to the component manufacturer document. I am a hardware man and I have never heard of him, a short sentence in a video without any reference will not make me change my mind. Delete from Drive (Delete whole page b Flash is actually slower and "problematic", so most controllers are erased in the background. Anyway ... a hardware person should know that the cause of flash wear is the erasure, not the writing. If he confuses / confuses the concepts then there is no chance that I will trust him.

And if we go back to the subject, the lifespan of the flash is negligible in my eyes. Unlike a hardener where a malfunction kills the entire disc, the wear of the gradual flash. But what can collapse it is the death of the cattle so I prefer it to work at a low temperature. In addition, the continuous increase in flash volumes causes the storage flash to be replaced due to an upgrade, rather than a malfunction, within a shorter time of the lifespan of the flash. Flash.

Link to content

My experience with servers by the way is that flash drives that have come in in recent years are less reliable than traditional hard drives.

The flash tends to die a sudden death out of know where and luckily the systems are raid of course. To my surprise - but that's the situation.

Something in flash technology is not yet completely closed to my taste. Probably the advantage in years / seniority of traditional technology does its thing.

The cause of death of these drives is unfortunately not accepted even though I asked the manufacturer.

It does not share us but only replaces drives under warranty.

Edited By nec_000
Link to content

NMVE drives or Ordinary? Sounds like you describe a cattle fault and not , Have you seen anything on SMART or it doesn't respond? (Controller malfunction). My RAID is 0 and not 1 so I'm more exposed to this problem, anyway I need to find a way to add the MiniTool Partition Wizard to be done every day at midnight.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site