Introducing Intel's Lakefield: Unparalleled Compact Architecture - Processors, Motherboards, and Memory - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Get acquainted with Intel's Lakefield: unparalleled compact architecture

Looks like a real revolution, a significant chip is more complex than the configuration that Opened by Chiplet (which Can apply if desired additionally).
Intel is in a long period of "incubation" and seems pretty stuck on several fronts. If Lakefield is the direction and at the same time they will overcome the production capacity of 10NM and later 7NM they will be more able to close the gap (partial) in front . And all this while all along they will be lagging behind in the net manufacturing process (AMD plans to move to 5NM next year).

We know how their performance with Intel and Current?

Link to content

Quote of omertgm

We know how their performance with Intel andAMD Current?

Nothing is known but these are 4 atom processors with a single "real" core processor, performance is not going to be the strong point here. It's more competition for the arm than for the That hardly exist in this category of mobile.

The main thing that worries me here is the software support, what changes will Windows need to have so that the operating system can manage it efficiently and optimally because without it this product will find itself very quickly in the trash of history.

Link to content

It's a little unclear to me why this is needed. Measure And in a resting state, they consume 1 watt. Don't see it developing anywhere, maybe for cell phones.

Only increases the heat and it is known that Intel processors like to reach 300 watts on servers and desktops.

Link to content

And the bracket ... the new one ... (Intel or not?) I'm not clear why there is such a thing as an i3. Its price is a gap less than i5, and performance is often close. Instead of holding a trail of Cheap in the name of recycled up to Zara 'Pentium', put i3 and that's it.

Link to content

Quote of yw1971

And the new ... resident ... (Intel or not?) It's not clear to me why there is such a thing as an i3. Its price gap is slightly lower than i5, and performance is often close. Instead of holding a trail of Processors Cheap in the name of recycled up to Zara 'Pentium', put i3 and that's it.

Just what, they don't have the same cores and that's the main thing by which series / levels of .

Link to content

Quote of yw1971

But at the marketing level - selling Processors Weak by big names is not helpful. It's better to call them i1 ... it'll be clearer

It may be more obvious but what makes you think it will be better for them? The main market for these processors is Third World, India Africa etc. It certainly makes sense that they would rather buy a processor with a big name than poor i1.

Link to content

Quote of etal

It may be more obvious but what makes you think it will be better for them? The main market for these processors is Third World, India Africa etc. It certainly makes sense that they would rather buy a processor with a big name than poor i1.

Are you the head of Intel's marketing department? Glad you came to this forum. If you have any marketing policy explanations - please tell us ...

These processors are sold worldwide, regardless of purchasing ability. They are superfluous because people buy them, are disappointed that they are weak, and switch to tablets ... 

Link to content

Quote of etal

Nothing is known but these are 4 atom processors with a single "real" core processor, performance is not going to be the strong point here. It's more competition for the arm than for theAMD That hardly exist in this category of mobile.

The main thing that worries me here is the software support, what changes will Windows need to have so that the operating system can manage it efficiently and optimally because without it this product will find itself very quickly in the trash of history.

Processor support is at the driver level. The operating system is separated from the hardware by HAL, a 'hardware simplification layer', which says that the system does not matter which hardware runs it, as long as there is a proper driver that mediates between the hardware and this layer, and provides it with everything it requires (processing, space , Hosting, device access, and more).

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

Amazon's parade continues

Amazon's parade continues

Come and be impressed by another list of great prices for quality hardware products and gadgets that can make your credit cards work overtime