Student Laptop Recommendation Between 4K and 6K - Computer Advice Advice - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Student laptop recommendation between 4K and 6K

Hello, I currently have a computer Ideapad 720s

Need a computer (not myself) built in the same style - ie thin, built of aluminum chassis and as light as possible (preferably 1.5 kg and less) that will serve as a student for the next 4 years. Unfortunately no site has a normal search according to the parameters I want

More important things:

RAM memory - 16 GB

Graphics Card - Intel's IRIS or MX are simple enough, mostly to run Smoothly

battery - Not less than 50 W / h

screen - Only 14 inches! FHD quite enough, brightness at least 250 NITS, preferably 300 and above

There is no limit to a certain company just not Or a TOSHIBA / Chinese manufacturer is hidden there

The purchase will probably only take place in September and maybe in Eilat, so small exceptions can be considered.

Edited By Haim Binshtein
Link to content

If she is studying at one of the major universities you can purchase Windus and Office through the University. Then you should check if it lowers costs to purchase a PC without . Tel Aviv offers free Windows 10 for life and Office 365 for free.

Link to WinDos 10 for free from Tel Aviv University.

https://social-sciences.m.tau.ac.il/windows10

This is the link to Tel Aviv University's eshop (that's what they call it) where they also sell discounted software (if you don't want the exam ..)

https://mytau.tau.ac.il/es.php

Ben-Gurion University

https://in.bgu.ac.il/computing/Pages/installations/microsoft_software.aspx

The Technion also has such a program for students

https://cis.technion.ac.il/local/software-list/buying-software/

Edited By bobibob
Link to content

Quote by Haim Binshtein

Hello, I currently have a computer Lenovo Ideapad 720s

Need a computer (not myself) built in the same style - ie thin, built of aluminum chassis and as light as possible (preferably 1.5 kg and less) that will serve as a student for the next 4 years. Unfortunately no site has a normal search according to the parameters I want

More important things:

RAM memory - 16 GB

Graphics Card - Intel's IRIS or MX are simple enough, mostly to run Movies 4k Smoothly

battery - Not less than 50 W / h

screen - Only 14 inches! FHD quite enough, brightness at least 250 NITS, preferably 300 and above

There is no limit to a certain company just not ASUS Or a TOSHIBA / Chinese manufacturer is hidden there

The purchase will probably only take place in September and maybe in Eilat, so small exceptions can be considered.

Looking for something like that

https://ksp.co.il/?uin=100548&select=.268..271..214..442..432.&txt_search=

?

Link to content

lompyYes I saw what you sent thanks

It seems to fit and well priced, I thought there might be something better in terms of it And a screen? Because the budget allows

Someone has experience with the series Dell Latitude 7400 LT-RD33? Specifications are relatively similar but Stronger 3 years warranty and I heard some bad things about the warranty of In the country for laptops they are not , is it true?

Link to content

Personally agree, I would always prefer a slim computer over my face .

Regarding Dell's warranty, I have a good experience of Can't say.

The Dell Latitude 7400 looks like a computer but I haven't seen it sold with Section 10 but only 8 (not that it counts as a sub total) Quite similar)

In the end it all depends on the specification and the price gap.

Edited By lompy
Link to content

Hey

In addition to all of the above, it is likely that up to the planned purchase date 

Will arrive in the land of DELL LATITUDE 2020 mobile phones announced

It's not long ago.

Since there is a budget, one of the intermediate models, namely the 7000 series, is presumably

Will go into the budget. The main bonus - time Over 20 hours as well

Various connections not removed from the mobile.

However, this series is not sold by the networks in Eilat,

So take that into account.

Quote by Haim Binshtein

And I've heard some bad things about the responsibility of Lenovo In the country for laptops they are not ThinkPad, is it true?

Well, there is no smoke without fire….  :)

But there are also THINKBOOK mobiles at more sane prices and with the service of = IBM.

Link to content

I have a titanium 5400 and basically I'm really happy the battery holds a full day of study and there is also a multi-line card reader built-in. The only annoying thing is that the screen is relatively weak, if I remember right then 250 nit, then it's always about 100 percent powerful and the speakers are pretty weak too, so in zoom calls they're also always 100 percent.

I realized that the 7400 power of the screen is a little higher in the 300 Nit area and the colors are more accurate.

But other than that I really recommend.

Edited By bobibob
Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Popular now

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

Gaming treats for the weekend

Another free game from the Epic Games Store, free titles to try out from Steam and Ubisoft Connect, fresh game packages on the Humble Bundle website and more are waiting for you inside

new on the site