Upgrade Processor - Processors, Motherboards and Memories - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Upgrade processor

Hi I found an old computer at home and I want to upgrade it has a pretty old processor and wanted to know if there is a newer processor that fits the computer Pro 3520 and the processor is
(Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30Hz 3.30 GHz)
In short anyone knows what newest processor that fits this computer (if any) thanks in advance

Processor model and motherboard model are listed belowspacer.pngspacer.png

Link to content

Have you checked that:

A. Processor not soldered to board?

B. That the manufacturer Lets upgrade at all, and should an upgrade be purchased exclusively through it?

In cases of brand computers there are quite a few cases where the manufacturer confines the customer to him in such forms.

Link to content

It is not soldered.

This computer is AIO and its cooling solution is limited accordingly 

This processor is a 55 watt processor so even if it can be improved to another processor which is at most 55 watts. 

There is no newer processor that fits this computer, there is More powerful from that time period that might be appropriate.

It is necessary to test whether the BIOS actually supports the same generation i5 and i7 processors.

i5-3570t, i7-3770t will fit the thermal shell if the BIOS supports.

In theory, the S models, which are 65 watts processors, can work on a computer, but this requires double testing.

Edited By yoavke
Link to content

Quote of yoavke

It is not soldered.

This computer is AIO and its cooling solution is limited accordingly 

This processor is a 55 watt processor so even if it can be improved to another processor which is at most 55 watts. 

There is no newer processor that fits this computer, there is Processors More powerful from that time period that might be appropriate.

It is necessary to test whether the BIOS actually supports the same generation i5 and i7 processors.

i5-3570t, i7-3770t will fit the thermal shell if the BIOS supports.

In theory, the S models, which are 65 watts processors, can work on a computer, but this requires double testing.

How do I check if the BIOS supports and what is the best processor that can be put in this computer

Link to content

Quote of ClassMulder

Have you checked that:

A. Processor not soldered to board?

B. That the manufacturer HP Lets upgrade at all, and should an upgrade be purchased exclusively through it?

In cases of brand computers there are quite a few cases where the manufacturer confines the customer to him in such forms.

The processor is not soldered for sure

Link to content

Quote by pro user

How do I check if the BIOS supports and what is the best processor that can be put in this computer

According to the official specification is not supportive, so either trial and error or look for someone else across the network who has tried before you. 

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site