Stationary specifications for programming, virtualization and gaming needs - Advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Stationary specifications for programming, virtualization and gaming needs

Hello, I'm mostly debating between And , Or rather between 3700X and 10700F. 
My main goal is programming that includes working with 2 operating systems (Windows and Ubuntu on VMWARE). Among other things also a bit of gaming but not something critical.
I already have a video card GTX 1650 SUPER (solid card).

The budget for the rest of the specs is 4,800 (prefer not to exceed). Do not think there is really a need to fill the entire budget but I want quiet for a long time so prefer to invest now.

The dilemma is mainly because Intel is still at 14 NM and with scary power consumption, which is also necessary more expensive. On the other hand its performance is better and I have experience with them in virtualization (I believe it will be fine with AMD as well).

* If necessary I will fill out a form, although I believe I have listed everything here. 
Here are the two specifications I built - 

This specification was assembled on - www.tms.co.il - The most reliable and professional computer stores in Israel

Processors:
Intel Core i7 10700F / 1200 Tray
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 1370
Coolers for processors:
be quiet! CPU Cooling Pure Rock 2 Black
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 178
Motherboards:
Gigabyte B460 AORUS PRO AC
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 764
RAM:
Corsair DDR 4 32G (16Gx2) 3000 CL16 Vengeance LPX Black CMK32GX4M2D3000C16
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 665
Enclosures:
Phanteks Case Eclipse P400S TG Black / White
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 517
Power Supplies:
Corsair RM650x 650W PSU 80 + Gold Modular
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 512
SSD Drives:
A-DATA SSD 1TB XPG SX8200 PRO M.2 2280
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 686
Total: ₪ 4692
Price in Eilat: ₪ 4010

We commit to a very lucrative price for the same specifications.
The prices include VAT and are payable in approximately. Credit until 12 equal payments without interest.
https://www.tms.co.il/129480

This specification was assembled on - www.tms.co.il - The most reliable and professional computer stores in Israel

Processors:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X AM4 Box
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 1359
Motherboards:
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 753
RAM:
Corsair DDR 4 32G (16Gx2) 3200 CL16 Vengeance LPX Black CMK32GX4M2E3200C16
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 683
Enclosures:
Phanteks Case Eclipse P400S TG Black / White
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 517
Power Supplies:
Corsair RM650x 650W PSU 80 + Gold Modular
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 512
SSD Drives:
A-DATA SSD 1TB XPG SX8200 PRO M.2 2280
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 686
Total: ₪ 4510
Price in Eilat: ₪ 3855

We commit to a very lucrative price for the same specifications.
The prices include VAT and are payable in approximately. Credit until 12 equal payments without interest.
https://www.tms.co.il/129479

As for the Reisen's motherboard, I believe I can take a B450 as well and save even more.

* As for the storage, I notice that the NVME M.2 is already going up like . Is there a disadvantage in assembling 2 M.2 drives? I mean are they less reliable or something? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

Link to content

2 Considerations and very good specifications, I would not change anything in any of them.

The cheap price of Intel with them makes it a pretty worthwhile purchase, quite eliminates the value-for-money ratio of .

Not that I think there will be any issues with AMD (I have a system And I have never encountered problems) but It is ultimately a more mature system.

With such small differences in price and needs as programming and virtualization it seems to me that I would go for it .

Just for example until a year or two ago the emulation of android studio windows version was not supported by my processors .

As a programmer I never know where ever I might get stuck with such a problem so in these sections I have a tendency to Intel.

Anyway the 2 systems are excellent.

Link to content

Quote by Kukishin

The second specification. What reason should be kept loyal to Intel? Do they give you a salary? Go with someone who is more advanced and gives you more value for money, in the form of lithography, power consumption and water ....

Unrelated to loyalty, want a quiet head of support for future programming as noted @lompy. For those who are more advanced, yes there is no doubt that 7 nm is better, but in some tests I have seen the i7 shows better performance (at the expense of power consumption and heat, etc.). 

Quote of lompy

2 Considerations and very good specifications, I would not change anything in any of them.

The cheap price of Intel with them makes it a pretty worthwhile purchase, quite eliminates the value-for-money ratio of AMD.

Not that I think there will be any issues with AMD (I have a system AMD And I have never encountered problems) but Intel It is ultimately a more mature system.

With such small differences in price and needs as programming and virtualization it seems to me that I would go for it Intel.

Just for example until a year or two ago the emulation of android studio windows version was not supported by my processors AMD.

As a programmer I never know where ever I might get stuck with such a problem so in these sections I have a tendency to Intel.

Anyway the 2 systems are excellent.

Thanks so much for the comment, just because of what you mentioned I am considering the at all , The 3700 X winked at me a lot of the time and suddenly I saw an i7 for the same price.
Do you have any idea if the board I chose is recommended? I pretty much got lost with the new generation of Intel. I read that if you do not have a Z490 board there is no support for 3,000 MHz for RAM or something like that? I feel that this is where the disadvantage he mentioned really comes into play  @Kukishin של There is more that my breasts slipped over to create a new generation. 

Link to content

Quote of mzn

Do you have any idea if the board I chose is recommended? I've pretty much got lost with the new generation of . I read that if you do not have a board No support at 3,000 MHz for RAM or anything like that?

Very good board.

The B460 tablet with i7 supports a maximum speed of 3000.

The B460 tablet with i5 supports a maximum speed of 2666.

This is also one of the reasons I have no problem I recommend you i7 in this case, if you were talking about i5 then the slow memories impair its performance so overall it performs less well than its corresponding Reisen 5. In the case of the i7 this problem does not arise when you match them Table B460.

Quote of mzn

I feel that this is where the disadvantage he mentioned really comes into play  @Kukishin של Technology There is more that my breasts slipped over to create a new generation. 

It has nothing to do with old technology, they could support if they wanted to. They just do not want to make more money just as the only difference between 9th and 10th generation is HT and the price. Just the competition with She left them no choice.

The whole thing of 7 or 14 nm, it's nonsense, Intel is an excellent processor, it just was not profitable until now in relation to .

Right now when Intel prices are down and motherboard prices of Cost then they are quite equal in relation to value for money.

Edited By lompy
Link to content

@lompy Thank you! As for the VM's, do you know if you should buy one Tara drive and put everything on it (both the main system and the VM's) or split into two M.2 drives for example? In terms of performance and smoother transition between systems. 

Link to content

I do not think there is a significant change, but I have not seen such a benchmark to be sure ... Theoretically I think a single drive is better, for the sake of locality of information and such. Even buying one Tara drive is usually more lucrative than two half tara drives.

Link to content

Quote of mzn

@lompy Thank you! As for the VM's, do you know if you should buy one Tara drive and put everything on it (both the main system and the VM's) or split into two M.2 drives for example? In terms of Performence And a smoother transition between systems. 

I find it hard to believe there will be a difference you will notice if at all.

It also seems cheaper to buy one drive and also leaves you an option to add another one in the future.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site