What has been happening to Intel in recent years? - Page 2 - Processors, Motherboards and Memories - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

What has been happening to Intel in recent years?

Quote of huber

Hardware Development Manager Intel Leaving (or leaving?) Immediately after reporting the delay even at 7NM:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/27/21340993/intel-hardware-chief-venkata-murthy-renduchintala-leaving

Reminds me really of the dark period of , In the period of the Pentium was defeated by Athlon 64.

I really hope they got out of it, in addition to that they snatched an apple in the head called silicon.

Link to content

An important point that you probably miss is that Intel may just ... not care.

It has focused on other things in recent years, it has long been more than just a "PC company" - most of its emphasis as a company today is generally on data, AI and autonomous vehicles.

It's not that it stops producing , Or she enjoys getting off the market lead, but naturally the focus Of the company is no longer really there, and it can be seen already for the last few years.

I also think it does it right, because the market for processors is shrinking - except for servers, almost no one buys computers that are not portable, which are also not necessarily really "computers" - but more hybrid tablets, with Qualcomm / Samsung processors / Apple .. This of course joins the trend of the current generation that has almost no computers at all, but only phones (here Does not exist at all) and the gap will only increase.

Intel a few years ago looked ahead and apparently made a conscious decision to go in more / other directions.

Link to content

Quote of huber

(AMD was almost completely wiped out in its pre-release value . Its stock was worth a single-digit amount that today the stock is worth more than that of Intel).

It's not really worth more than Intel, less than half to be honest. The company simply divides at least shares than .

Link to content

Avikush - Stock of Definitely worth more today than Intel's stock. Note that I did not register that you were a member Worth more than a notebook - This is very far from reality (Intel which is worth much much more in total), we are talking here about the share value of the companies. Hope you understood this time.

please:

https://www.pcgamer.com/amds-share-price-overtakes-intels-for-the-first-time-ever/

Link to content

Milford Cubicle - I can 't believe they do not care. I do believe that someone in the management fell asleep on guard - complacency. So it's true that they have other markets that they probably focus on more such as the server market, the mobile market, etc., but even there today there is a Better solutions (in the server market Doing school for Intel with the EPYC and it does not seem that Intel will have an answer soon, huge companies like Google etc. have already announced a move to this platform. Also in the mobile market a series of 4XXX processors of Factors for Look outdated and irrelevant).

Intel simply knows that the market is fixed. They have built a very strong brand in recent decades and the momentum of it is playing into their hands even today when their products are just less good. People know Intel, and the vast majority buy by brand and not by who has a better solution right now. I see this in great pain both in private individuals I know and in the field of IT in my company. Even me as the company's IT manager had a very difficult struggle trying to put servers with my processors To our ecosystem. Add to that the fact that even OEMs are dragging their feet in introducing AMD-based solutions to their product line (go try to get a PC in the country With processor For example) and understand why AMD has a very long way to go and a very serious struggle before they reach the place they deserve in the market.

In my opinion, only if the current situation continues for a few more good years does AMD have any chance of transferring to it a sustainable market share from Intel in the other segments as well (servers, laptops, etc.). Only if they succeed in continuing to innovate and lead as they do today for years to come may the situation change. I assumed that by 2021, maximum 2022 Will wake up and come back to itself, which would be a serious problem for AMD, but according to reports on what's happening with the 7NM of This does not seem to be the case, and perhaps, only perhaps we will see real competition in this world.

Not to be misunderstood, I have nothing against , Against AMD or in favor of any of them. I as a wise consumer buy what is right for me at that moment. Indeed, I am in favor of healthy competition and such a situation can only exist when there are 2 companies that really compete with each other, a situation that we have doubled today, a situation that led to breaking the terrible stalemate that was in this field and hurt us as consumers.

Edited By huber
Link to content

Nobody buys desktops?

In government offices for example buy quantities of stationary computers (today most of them are Mini , Still Intel-based) and also the mobiles in Intel-based auctions

Last time I saw server based There was a time when Intel did not have 64-bit processors for servers and such processors were needed.

I'm still stunned by the fact that Intel is failing to deal with 7nm technology and is considering outsourcing production, what happened to "Intel delivers"?

Link to content

Quote of Milford Cubicle

An important point that you probably miss is that Intel may just ... not care.

It has focused on other things in recent years, it has long been more than just a "PC company" - most of its emphasis as a company today is generally on data, AI and autonomous vehicles.

It's not that it stops producing Processors, Or she enjoys getting off the market lead, but naturally the focus Of the company is no longer really there, and it can be seen already for the last few years.

I also think it does it right, because the market for processors is shrinking - except for servers, almost no one buys computers that are not portable, which are also not necessarily really "computers" - but more hybrid tablets, with Qualcomm / Samsung processors / Apple .. This of course joins the trend of the current generation that has almost no computers at all, but only phones (here Intel Does not exist at all) and the gap will only increase.

Intel a few years ago looked ahead and apparently made a conscious decision to go in more / other directions.

Revenue of $ 17 billion out of $ 20 billion on processors and they do not care? I probably miss all the "diversity" that Intel has. Another $ 2 billion on the ssd is not diverse at all. 

All the other things unrelated to processors and ssd put in only about a billion dollars. It's a lot of money but compared to 19 billion processors and ssd it's nothing.

Processors make up almost all of their profit, $ 17 billion. In second place.

Edited By st379
Link to content

There is no relationship between revenue and focus.

99% of startups have no income at all, only expenses. What does it mean that they do not care about anything?

And what about SSD? Who talked about at all? Who cares?

if I remember correctly, For example, it loses money on every model 3 it sells. In my opinion the company's profits from selling hats with the company logo are greater than its profits from selling cars .. does that mean it is a company for making hats?

Link to content

Focus on $ 10 billion in revenue when you have nearly $ XNUMX billion in expenses? This is very smart.

Intel has been failing in recent years to move on to the next lithograph.

There is no focus here, just a failure of years to drop from 14 nm +++++++++++++++++++++.

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site