Stationary replacement after 13 years, interested in stationary for general work and a little graphic editing - advice before buying a computer - HWzone Forums
adplus-dvertising
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

Stationary replacement after 13 years, interested in stationary for general work and a little graphic editing

So by and large I'm from 2007 with my stationary, in 2016 I added to it And RAM and he's been carrying around with me until now but now he's really tired.

I am interested in a computer with a long upgrade horizon, I will probably keep it for another 13 years with upgrades on the way.

My uses are mostly office, browsing, excel, videos On YouTube and sometimes graphic editing in Premier and Leitrum.
I do not But I want a powerful computer that will not have a situation that will stutter me for another two or three years.

I work with two 2K ​​screens so I would love a video card that fits two 2K ​​\ 4K screens.

The questionnaire:

1. What is the maximum budget? Is an exception possible if necessary ?: No budget limit, want a powerful computer that suits my uses and with a long upgrade horizon.

2. What is the use of the computer (games, graphic editing, office work, HD content for example), is there a specific example of a game or software ?: B 4K, Excel, Lightroom, Premier.

3. Do you need peripheral equipment (eg keyboard, mouse, And screen) ?: no.

4. Is there a basic component that does not need to be included in the specification? (Eg Drive Which already exists and can be attached to the assembly): do not need a hard drive, I have 500GB and 2TB HDD.

5. How important is the quiet operation of the computer ?: Not critical.

6. Is there a limit or preference for the physical size of the computer and its weight, lights, etc ?: No.

7. Is it necessary to include an operating system / office (if so, it is advisable to specify a preferred version) and / or a computer train in the store ?: No.

8. Is there a preference to purchase the computer from a specific store ?: If it is also not possible to specify a residential area. No.

9. When is the purchase of the computer planned (it is highly recommended to request a specification shortly from the time of purchase) ?: In the coming week.

10. Are there any special requests regarding ports and connections (eg Type-C or FireWire) ?: I work with two 2K ​​screens so I would love a video card that fits two 2K ​​\ 4K screens.

11. Is it important to keep the computer upgrade horizon ?: very important.

12. Additional notes, extended detail and miscellaneous: I prefer a processor Reisen 7 or 9, 32GB RAM, wants a long upgrade horizon, a powerful computer in general and knew how to work with two 2K ​​screens in size 27 'in a good way, no need .

Thanks!

Link to content

Hahaha

I thought I was pulling for a long time.

Works with an upgraded i7 930 to a 6-core zone.

xeon x5670 mounted on it .

Purchased this year r9 3900x, for some software, I was too lazy to install on all the new software, working mostly on the old one that carries nicely.

Apparently at the end of the year a 3rd generation Raisen will arrive, with an improvement. Can you wait?

Edited By none77
Link to content

Quote of none77

Hahaha

I thought I was pulling for a long time.

Works with an upgraded i7 930 to a 6-core zone.

xeon x5670 mounted on it Motherboard.

Purchased this year r9 3900x, for some software, I was too lazy to install on all the new software, working mostly on the old one that carries nicely.

Apparently at the end of the year a 3rd generation Raisen will arrive, with an improvement. Can you wait?

Every time I open a third upgrade I get a response that Otto is coming out a new generation / new improvement in the processors and if I can wait, at this rate I will never upgrade ????

Link to content

Don't say you didn't know.

Some notes to the specification.

* I chose a relatively cheap case with good airflow, it is advisable that you look for reviews and see in general if it is right for you.

* Good power supply, I chose it also because of its fan, it is with 5 years warranty, rm650x at a similar price and quality with a 10 year warranty.

* It is not clear how significant the editing is, it is likely that a card can be saved.

* If continuous performance is important to you, continuous cooling can be improved.
This specification was assembled on - www.tms.co.il - The most reliable and professional computer stores in Israel

Processors:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X AM4 Tray
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 1944
Coolers for processors:
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Special Edition for AM4
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 256
Motherboards:
Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 969
RAM:
DDR4 16G / 3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 314
Enclosures:
Corsair 275R Airflow Mid-Tower Case TG Black
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 322
Power Supplies:
be quiet! PSU 650W STRAIGHT POWER 11
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 503
graphic cards:
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 WINDFORCE OC GV-N2060WF2OC-6GD 2.0 - Buy a new computer
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 1623
Total: ₪ 5931
Price in Eilat: ₪ 5070

We commit to a very lucrative price for the same specifications.
The prices include VAT and are payable in approximately. Credit until 12 equal payments without interest.
https://www.tms.co.il/135436

Cheaper specs.

Note the 2 specifications for the type of ports on the card compared

The screens.

This specification was assembled on - www.tms.co.il - The most reliable and professional computer stores in Israel

Processors:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Tray
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 1271
Coolers for processors:
Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 CPU Cooler Special Edition for AM4
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 256
Motherboards:
Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 732
RAM:
DDR4 16G / 3200 CL16 Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 314
Enclosures:
Corsair 275R Airflow Mid-Tower Case TG Black
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 322
Power Supplies:
ANTEC PSU 650W High Current Gamer Gold
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 407
graphic cards:
ASUS GTX1660 TUF-GTX1660-O6G-GAMING
    Quantity: 1 - Price: ₪ 1060
Total: ₪ 4361
Price in Eilat: ₪ 3727

We commit to a very lucrative price for the same specifications.
The prices include VAT and are payable in approximately. Credit until 12 equal payments without interest.
https://www.tms.co.il/135452

Edited By none77
Link to content

Thanks so much for the specifications, both look professional and I am considering them.

Regarding the new series of , I see it is scheduled to come out by the end of the year, would you recommend waiting to purchase the new processors or for the existing ones to be discounted?

Thanks! 

Edited By Charg
Link to content

ryzen 9 for editing in Premier - what an exaggeration. 110W processor 

ryzen 7 with 65W enough in my opinion.

Video card I would also go for 1660 gtx unless you are planning heavy XNUMXD games.

Excellent board TUF is reliable and should last.

Also the power of And the CPU fan are good too.

Check that there are fans for the chassis at least 2 of 12 cm

If you can buy a processor with a box fan. See no reason to buy a fan for 250 NIS.

Unless planned .

Edited By dorban3
Link to content

Quote of Charg

Thanks so much for the specifications, both look professional and I am considering them.

Regarding the new series of AMD, I see it is scheduled to come out by the end of the year, would you recommend waiting to purchase the new processors or for the existing ones to be discounted?

Thanks! 

Personally if I were waiting for it to purchase the new ones in case they would be at a similar price, Intel for example would hardly lower prices of older generations, Do more , Not that you can know what will be, very much depends on how critical you are to a new computer now, if it is a computer for a living and the existing one is no longer good enough I would not wait.

Link to content

Quote of none77

Personally if I were waiting for it to purchase the new ones in case they would be at a similar price, Intel for example would hardly lower prices of older generations, AMD Do more Special Deals, Not that you can know what will be, very much depends on how critical you are to a new computer now, if it is a computer for a living and the existing one is no longer good enough I would not wait.

Well, I procrastinated for 13 years. What is another four months? As soon as the new generation goes abroad, they arrive in Israel relatively quickly as well?

Link to content

Yes, but it takes about two to three weeks until prices stabilize, there can also be a launch with limited stock and then .....

Quote of dorban3

ryzen 9 for editing in Premier - what an exaggeration. 110W processor 

ryzen 7 with 65W enough in my opinion.

Video card I would also go for 1660 gtx unless you are planning heavy XNUMXD games.

Excellent board ASUS TUF is reliable and should last.

Also the power of Antec And the CPU fan are good too.

Check that there are fans for the chassis at least 2 of 12 cm

If you can buy a processor with a box fan. See no reason to buy a fan for 250 NIS.

Unless planned Overclock.

Not so I understood what the connection is to the power, the actual power in both is greater, very much depends on the type of editing, in coding it will gain time.

The opener of the discussion asked for r7 or r9.

The fan that can come with the processor is noisier, personally I also do not like its connection to the board, in terms of cooling agree that it is fine.

Edited By none77
Link to content

• 4 months later ...
Quote of none77

Yes, but it takes about two to three weeks until prices stabilize, there can also be a launch with limited stock and then .....

Not so I understood what the connection is to the power, the actual power in both is greater, very much depends on the type of editing, in coding it will gain time.

The opener of the discussion asked for r7 or r9.

The fan that can come with the processor is noisier, personally I also do not like its connection to the board, in terms of cooling agree that it is fine.

Hey, so we've reached the end of the year and I'm still lugging around with the old stationary, have the new 3rd generation Reisen been released yet? Arrived in Israel?

Link to content

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

×   The content pasted is with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically assimilated.   Show as regular link

×   Your previous content has been automatically restored.   Clear all

×   You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest news

• Buzz-Zone: Everything hot on the net

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site