Computer does not run games smoothly - Computer Technical Support - HWzone Forums
Skip to content
  • Create an account
  • About Us

Hello Guest!

Please note - in order to participate in our community, comment and open new discussions, you must join as a registered member.

Our members enjoy many advantages, including the ability to participate in discussions, enjoy raffles and promotions for members of the site, and receive our weekly content directly by email.

Do not like being harassed by email? You can register for the site but do not submit your registration to the weekly email updates.

A computer does not run games smoothly

Peace.

My computer does not run games as smoothly as it did until a few months ago. Even games that have been fixed and I have played them properly in the past no longer work smoothly.

I first checked with the task manager if there was evidence of a particular problem. There seemed to be a memory Is not enough, so I added more Computer.

In addition, I formatted the entire operating system and reinstalled everything (including reinstalling the game).

As of today There is no evidence in the task manager To a problem with a particular component in my computer and I have no other ways to understand why games do not run smoothly.

Attached is a screenshot of the task manager when the game is on the rise.

Computer specifications:

CPU: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz

RAM: GB 12 DDR3

GPU: 2060

HD: ssd evo 860 500GB

The game I was trying to run Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands

I would appreciate help in this matter.

Capture.PNG

Post Reply Direct Link To This Post

I can't get 12GB of RAM, in Dual Channel how many sticks do you have there and the frequency speed of the memory ...?

Upload a screenshot of something ...

Keep in mind that your CPU is very weak in RTX2060 card slots, a serious bottleneck.

Edited By urib
Quote of urib

I can't get 12GB of RAM, in Dual Channel how many sticks do you have there and the frequency speed of the memory ...?

Upload a screenshot of something ...

Keep in mind that your CPU is very weak in RTX2060 card slots, a serious bottleneck.

3 sticks of 4 GB each. 1600 MHz frequency speed

By the way, about the CPU. It's not that I see him working very hard. On the contrary, it seems that the game does not really move him.

Edited By raanann

In the name of the Merciful God, how did you get into this situation ...?

Your Dual Channel processor works optimally with only 2 channels (2 sticks only).

First of all, download Stick 1 and go back to 8 GB in Dual Channel, so that your processor will work optimally.

Make sure you put the sticks correctly on the board.

The combination of the i5-4460 with the 2060RTX is a 50% bottleneck ... yet it is a more powerful card than the 1080 GTX.

Your processor will work great with cards of the type: 1060,1660,1070,580RX

Quote of urib

In the name of the Merciful God, how did you get into this situation ...?

Your Dual Channel processor works optimally with only 2 channels (2 sticks only).

First of all, download Stick 1 and go back to 8 GB in Dual Channel, so that your processor will work optimally.

Make sure you put the sticks correctly on the board.

The combination of the i5-4460 with the 2060RTX is a 50% bottleneck ... yet it is a more powerful card than the 1080 GTX.

Your processor will work great with cards of the type: 1060,1660,1070,580RX

As for memory, I will download. Thanks!

Do you think that replacing an i7 processor will help?

Quote of urib

Obviously better, but you have a good unused graphics card, too bad ...

Instead I would be looking for a 7700K 2nd hand bundle

What does Bendel mean? Do not know the concept.

Quote of urib

Bundle = board, processor, memories.

Good Morning.

First of all, thanks for answering!

It seems to me that it is a bit excessive to buy all the components just because the processor is weak compared to the video card. If I can just replace the CPU to i7 and it will resolve, then maybe it's better.

By the way, how did you come to the conclusion that this is the problem?

Quote from raanann

By the way, how did you come to the conclusion that this is the problem?

My son has a computer with I7 3770 + GTX1080 and the games did not run optimally, I switched the card to GTX1060 and since then the games run at 60FPS in High settings.

You have the option to help In the "bottleneck" calculator They are relatively close to reality in the test ...

Join the discussion

You can then join the discussion and then join our community. If you already have an account with us, please Log in now To comment under your username.
Note that: The comment will appear to the surfers after approval by the board management team.

Add a comment

× The content pasted is with formatting. Remove formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

× Your link has been automatically assimilated. Show as regular link

× Your previous content has been automatically restored. Clear all

× You can not paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Create new ...

At the top of the news:

new on the site

what is your address?

what is your address?

Buzzzone: Instagram Buzzzone #buzzzone What's your address? A photo posted by HWzone.co.il (@ hwzone.co.il) on 2020-09-26 14:20:12 What is your address?